What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Kendrick Lamar Dropped Another Control Verse In The BET Cypher

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ain't nothing going to come from this Drake is not going to go back and forth with Kendrick even though 100% of the posters here want to see it but its not going to happen.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at pitchforks coverage of this. The first sentence is hilarious for a serious music critic site:

"Kendrick Lamar and Drake continue to politely battle one another for the No. 2 spot behind Kanye West in the rap industry"

That's the problem with these critics, they're out of touch. These are the same mfs who praised Kanye for making that wack ass Tron album Yeezus. Clearly the public said they weren't feeling that wack 🤬 .
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Puget SoundMembers Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so that 15 sec clip is that it???
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Shots fired @ Judah.

u used to love H.E.R. now i mash her faster than a ratchet pastor
    baptize her in this 🤬 plaster, cast her,
    coming attractions she 🤬 , swallowing Aspen
    she busts me down; I break her off til shes coming in traction/
    she get it harder than the task of fiddy tyson saying "zach gallifinakis" backwards
    you bastard sac clasper, idolizing rappers, stalling with appalling idle chatter/
    but the vital matters you 🤬 follow after swine that got a bit of shine
    cause 🤬 slapped em with lacquer, you fakes spectate clapping in rafters/
    the aftermath is disaster
    game jew-ey, 🤬 kufis im a yarmulke slapper,
    useless eaters swooning on verses but its 🤬 juice..
    competition back? how? these 🤬 hoes for universal music group/
    if only you knew the truth when an emcee speak
    🤬 vh1, bet and mtv
    🤬 worldstar, double x l and the source-
    you 🤬 killed H.E.R. now these old crackers 🤬 the corpse....
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtf are u trying to do Judah?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 ass 🤬 will say some 🤬 to a female and a legend like Lil Kim, but get silent when someone on his level checks him.
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    🤬 ass 🤬 will say some 🤬 to a female and a legend like Lil Kim, but get silent when someone on his level checks him.

According to him kendrick is light years below him
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON 30 Year Old Version Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Mr.LV
    Seansosa wrote: »

According to him kendrick is light years below him

The thing is Drake truly believes that and no one can tell him different.
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Weazel wrote: »
    @ folks saying "..but..but Drake made him famous"

Yup true, thanks to Drake, all ymcmb groupies/fans know about K.Dot
    Most of us (at least me personally) know about Kendrick, thanks to Jay Rock

Word, also - Game. Many were introduced to them dating back to the Myspace days via Game.

Kendrick got on Drake's tour as Section 80 was out & he was on Interscope. That was a label order. Also, tours has nothing to do with putting people on. He put him on the tour cuz either he or someone who had a hand in the arrangement of the tour thought it would be good to put him on the bill as a way of selling more tickets/helping Drake's brand/introduce Kendrick to a new fanbase. Happens every single day in the entertainment business.

Game, with his connection to 2 🤬 (who Henchman allegedly snitched on in that trial. And was one of the 2 bodyguards who beat up Suge that time, remember (lightskinned dude)?!) and all the TDE dudes like Dude Dawg etc., put them on tours, mixtapes, DVD's, featured on alot of their songs etc. when the only one with a deal was Jay Rock and Schoolboy Q was runnin around solo, way before Mixed By Ali (engineer) was brought in and introduced Ab-Soul to TDE recently, and Game was supposed to executive produce Rock's album, but eventuallly the label (think it was Capitol) folded & emerged with Warner i believe and Rock left. 🤬 Kendrick and them was at the One Blood video..and they had a clip of all of them freestyling.

I used to make threads here everyday pumpin westcoast new-jacks, most 🤬 didnt wanna give a 🤬 . Now everybody a fan..smh.

I do believe they had a minor falling out tho from around late 2009-2010 or so. But i dont think it was between the artists.

Again, alot of the times the rap game goes deeper than people think, which is unfortunate for the artists.

Lines like these can be taken literally, but i also believe there was some truth in these lyrics if you put 2 & 2 together..

"Money laundering hustling, homies pondering up against
    Schemes to make a million even if doing you harm" - Black Boy Fly (The verse about Game).

That has some truth in it, i strongly believe.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator

Ala Diggy Simmons vs J Cole
  • Like Water
    Like Water Integrity 1st Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all know Drake can rhyme, that much has been confirmed, but it will end badly for him if he responds.

If for no other reason than Kendrick is definitely hungrier than him. And Drake has no one in his corner if the rest of TDE decides to throw their hat in the ring.

He cannot win this. His best bet is to keep 🤬 up. We all know that's a big portion of his character anyway. It's not like he's acting any different from how he normally does. It's just rap fans are hoping he goes against the grain this one time.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Like Water wrote: »
    We all know Drake can rhyme, that much has been confirmed, but it will end badly for him if he responds.

If for no other reason than Kendrick is definitely hungrier than him. And Drake has no one in his corner if the rest of TDE decides to throw their hat in the ring.

He cannot win this. His best bet is to keep 🤬 up. We all know that's a big portion of his character anyway. It's not like he's acting any different from how he normally does. It's just rap fans are hoping he goes against the grain this one time.

what you talking about he got no one in his corner?
    he got wayne, gutta gutta, tyga, niki, 40, boy 1nda, weeknd, those two dudes in the started from the bottom video...

naw you right he aint go no one.

Can't tell if you're serious so I drop you an LOL
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    lets be real if this drake and kendrick beef gets serious most "rap" fans aint gonna care who win or loses
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    except us
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still dont get how a "real" hip hop fan can say they didnt like the control verse.
  • zone456
    zone456 Members Posts: 550 ✭✭✭✭
    zone456 wrote: »
    sooooo dude says "nothing been the same" and that's a shot at Drake? its all hype to me until i hear confirmation. oh yeah, that high five is super corny lol. does-not-get-it.gif

you know damn well its a shot and Drake will catch feelings again

nah homie i really can't tell but what i can tell is K. Dot (and i liked the control joint) didn't name drop and didn't go hard at the dudes who really took it to heart (papoose or Meek Mills). I seen the Drake interview and he did catch feelings but my opinion, to go at Drake and not those other guys is weak. Drake a R&B rapper making love raps, wants the point lol
  • Mr.LV
    sooooo dude says "nothing been the same" and that's a shot at Drake? its all hype to me until i hear confirmation. oh yeah, that high five is super corny lol. does-not-get-it.gif

you know damn well its a shot and Drake will catch feelings again

nah homie i really can't tell but what i can tell is K. Dot (and i liked the control joint) didn't name drop and didn't go hard at the dudes who really took it to heart (papoose or Meek Mills). I seen the Drake interview and he did catch feelings but my opinion, to go at Drake and not those other guys is weak. Drake a R&B rapper making love raps, wants the point lol
    Werd Drake is not a rappity rap 🤬 .
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Respond to papoose 4 what ?
  • 216atlran
    216atlran AtlantaMembers Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly kendrick vs Papoosr would be more interesting for the fact Papoosr wanna disrespect this 🤬 & they not friends.
  • 216atlran
    216atlran AtlantaMembers Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    *Papoose *Pa...poose
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They prolly on twitter right now,
    talkin mad 🤬 about Drake and this Kendrick verse..