What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official MMA Thread: Alvarez TKOs Gaethje, Ngannou KOs Overeem, Holloway TKOs Aldo

1164165167169170509

Comments

  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude trying too hard. Sonnen fought a good fight but he lost, he got a rematch and got washed..there is nothing fluky about that. He clearly beat the man twice and it's not debatable lol.

    You tryna stretch a fluke win for silva for some reason and 🤬 just don't stand up under scrutiny when you 🤬 win by submission...🤬 ain't tap out by mistake bro.

    As far as weidman is concerned, he got Vitor next and if he wins (convincingly) he looks more official, if he loses then he was a joke like many believe him to be. The ball in his court. He better bring his A+ game because folks gonna really be critical of him. If Vitor wins that doesn't mean that Vitor can beat silva and if Weidman wins it doesn't validate his wins over silva.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth stew Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO! So Silva fought with a broken rib and lost on purpose for 4 1/2 rounds, just so he could submit Sonnen? Now I see how urban legends start.

    And apparently when Silva beats someone twice, it's not debatable, but when Weidman does it, it IS debatable? Hmmm... I guess that makes sense.

    And now Weidman is a joke because his 11 fights of which 2 are him defeating Silva, mean nothing. I guess everyone can go undefeated for 11 fights, because that's an easy feat.

    I think I get it now. I now see where everyone stands on the subject.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silva was da 🤬 .

    Sports go in generations whether we admit it or not.

    Silvas generation was at if end.

    Weidman took silvas glory.

    That was that and if was wrap
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO! So Silva fought with a broken rib and lost on purpose for 4 1/2 rounds, just so he could submit Sonnen? Now I see how urban legends start.

    And apparently when Silva beats someone twice, it's not debatable, but when Weidman does it, it IS debatable? Hmmm... I guess that makes sense.

    And now Weidman is a joke because his 11 fights of which 2 are him defeating Silva, mean nothing. I guess everyone can go undefeated for 11 fights, because that's an easy feat.

    I think I get it now. I now see where everyone stands on the subject.

    Silva did fight with an injured rib. That's not an urban legend. It's fact. Sonnen himself acknowledged that he thought something like that was wrong with Silva during the fight.

    Also no one is suggesting that Silva lost on purpose for 4 1/2 rounds, but it's a fact that he said he wanted to submit Sonnen before the fight, so that could have played into why he let himself be taken down so easily in the first couple rounds and why he didn't fight harder to get up. If you look at the second fight, you'll see that Silva was more than capable of stuffing Sonnen's TD attempts.

    Lastly, who said Weidman is a joke? Stop with the Straw Man 🤬 .

  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what the hell is straw man?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    It's a logical fallacy where someone distorts another person's argument and then argues against that distortion rather than addressing what the person actually said.

    In this case, some people are suggesting that Weidman isn't that good and only beat Silva as a fluke. @NothingButTheTruth is twisting that by claiming that people are essentially calling Weidman a 🤬 and he's trying to counter that false argument.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth stew Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silva did fight with an injured rib. That's not an urban legend. It's fact. Sonnen himself acknowledged that he thought something like that was wrong with Silva during the fight.

    Also no one is suggesting that Silva lost on purpose for 4 1/2 rounds, but it's a fact that he said he wanted to submit Sonnen before the fight, so that could have played into why he let himself be taken down so easily in the first couple rounds and why he didn't fight harder to get up. If you look at the second fight, you'll see that Silva was more than capable of stuffing Sonnen's TD attempts.

    Lastly, who said Weidman is a joke? Stop with the Straw Man 🤬 .
    jono wrote: »
    Dude trying too hard. Sonnen fought a good fight but he lost, he got a rematch and got washed..there is nothing fluky about that. He clearly beat the man twice and it's not debatable lol.

    You tryna stretch a fluke win for silva for some reason and 🤬 just don't stand up under scrutiny when you 🤬 win by submission...🤬 ain't tap out by mistake bro.

    As far as weidman is concerned, he got Vitor next and if he wins (convincingly) he looks more official, if he loses then he was a joke like many believe him to be. The ball in his court. He better bring his A+ game because folks gonna really be critical of him. If Vitor wins that doesn't mean that Vitor can beat silva and if Weidman wins it doesn't validate his wins over silva.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Silva became old man status the minute Chael beat him up for 4 1/2 rounds. That was the turning point and when objective fans could tell he wasn't the same mostly because Chael is a joke, and also because he would no longer have a mental edge over his opponents. People now knew he was beatable.

    The only other mysterious, unbeaten tactic Silva had left was his little taunt thing. Once Weidman knocked him out during the taunt, the legend and mystery of Anderson Silva was over. There was nothing mysterious about his fighting style anymore and he could be countered like any other fighter.

    ... There's no such thing as doing damage from the bottom in UFC, you still lost the round. Watch the fight, Silva was getting rocked ridiculous. Weidman is too big and skilled for him.

    Weidman proved he was superior to old-man Silva by beating him twice in a row SMH. Give dude his props.

    SN: I'm not saying Weidman is better than prime Silva, I'm saying he's better than old-man Silva... and beating fighter X, when fighter X already defeated fighter Y, does not make you better than fighter Y. Fighting style matchups play a huge part in who wins.
    Old man status doesnt occourd when you dont dominate as usual. its called a bad match up for Silva.

    Chael is a joke? You prove right there you do not watch MMA. he's not a good LHW, but at MW he is no joke.

    Asilva already lost twice b4 Chael. He wasnt undefeated. Maybe in the UFC but there's been video of his gettin beaten in Pride twice. once by miracle, the other one he got dominated from beginning to end.

    Silva KOD Okami in two rounds and beta him easily and Vitor within one round. There goes that mental edge.

    I was also one of the few people who picked white Jon Jones over Silva the first time but not the second time. So I'm def a huge fan of both and follow both.

    \Silva was doing damage from the bottom he was bleeding. What you meant was you cant win a round in most cases from doing more damage from the bottom. But that can still lead to enough damage later on in helping you finish ya opponent. I'm talking form a punishment standpoint. Dont be ignorant.

    Fact Weidman did not out right beta Silva the second time. That was fluke and you know it. If I break my hand over ya face and i cant continue you will tell everyone you beat me up? i shoot just shoot you in the face instead for being that brainless. And the first time Silva lost was once again being very cocky, look at the punch that caught Silva it was awkward as 🤬 .

    Btw you change your opinion after you're likea black Skip bayless but more extreme. Anyways. State opinions of what you think Weidman will do. hell even put some money where your mouth is. Imo hes a bad match up for Vitor also and I see Weidman pretty much owning the MW scene for awhile. Even against machida, but machida has beaten wrestlers b4. We'll see.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silva did fight with an injured rib. That's not an urban legend. It's fact. Sonnen himself acknowledged that he thought something like that was wrong with Silva during the fight.

    Also no one is suggesting that Silva lost on purpose for 4 1/2 rounds, but it's a fact that he said he wanted to submit Sonnen before the fight, so that could have played into why he let himself be taken down so easily in the first couple rounds and why he didn't fight harder to get up. If you look at the second fight, you'll see that Silva was more than capable of stuffing Sonnen's TD attempts.

    Lastly, who said Weidman is a joke? Stop with the Straw Man 🤬 .
    jono wrote: »
    Dude trying too hard. Sonnen fought a good fight but he lost, he got a rematch and got washed..there is nothing fluky about that. He clearly beat the man twice and it's not debatable lol.

    You tryna stretch a fluke win for silva for some reason and 🤬 just don't stand up under scrutiny when you 🤬 win by submission...🤬 ain't tap out by mistake bro.

    As far as weidman is concerned, he got Vitor next and if he wins (convincingly) he looks more official, if he loses then he was a joke like many believe him to be. The ball in his court. He better bring his A+ game because folks gonna really be critical of him. If Vitor wins that doesn't mean that Vitor can beat silva and if Weidman wins it doesn't validate his wins over silva.

    Who in here called him a joke? You are claiming that people in this discussion are calling him a joke. I've seen no one say that.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weidman is a joke.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Weidman is a joke.
    Nope.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a joke.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Will Munny wrote: »
    It was a joke.

    Who do you have dethroning Weidman then?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see Vitor doing it. I could see Machida doing it. Those are both gonna be awesome fights.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weidman isn't a scrub that's for sure. Silva could have clowned all night against a lot of fighters in that first fight and coasted to a decision victory.

    It's too early to tell if he's a Jon Jones type champion though. If he makes it past Vitor that'll be some strong evidence.
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/14/5309016/georges-st-pierre-on-ufcs-lack-of-drug-testing-support-it-bothered-me
    Georges St-Pierre on UFC's lack of drug testing support: 'It bothered me enormously'

    On Tuesday, Georges St-Pierre admitted one of the reasons he vacated his UFC welterweight title last month was due to the lack of drug testing support he received from the promotion leading up to his UFC 167 fight against Johny Hendricks.

    "It bothered me enormously," St-Pierre said in French to a group of reporters in Montreal.

    "That's one of the reasons why I stopped fighting. Not really to teach them a lesson, because that would also punish me. I wanted to do something for the sport. I love the sport. I see the direction it's going, and I don't think it makes any sense. This is stupid."

    In a scrum video posted on RDS.ca, St-Pierre is seen answering questions about his decision to indefinitely leave the sport. However, when a reporter begins to ask about the drug testing issues he faced leading up to UFC 167, St-Pierre cracked a big smile, somewhat in relief, and said, "Oh, here's someone who reads between the lines. That's good." It appeared as though St-Pierre was just itching for someone to ask him about this subject, and once someone did, the flood gates opened for the usually guarded St-Pierre.

    "I tried to do something to change the sport," he said. "Unfortunately, there were other people, for different reasons, maybe for money, in fear of losing money, because if you canceled the fight because someone tested positive there are millions of dollars [lost]. Also, the sport's image ... If you start testing everyone, how many will get caught? I don't want to say in public because I don't want to accuse anyone, but the sport's image will be hurt.

    "Don't forget, I have internal information. I'm an athlete. I know what goes on, so that disappointed me greatly."

    In September, UFC president Dana White said he thought both St-Pierre and Hendricks "looked stupid" for their public dispute over how they would be tested prior to their title fight. This came after St-Pierre offered to personally pay for Hendricks to be tested by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA). Hendricks initially accepted the offer but then backed out, citing concerns with VADA's impartiality.

    "I think it makes them both look stupid. These guys are going to get tested by the athletic commission," White said on a FOXSports Google Hangout.

    "This is something that Georges St-Pierre wants to prove to everybody, because for years people have been saying (he's on PEDs). When he fought B.J. (Penn), B.J. talked smack about him. Other people have talked stuff. The kid, not only is he another guy that's been with us since day one, he's never tested positive for anything even remotely close to anything bad. He's never tested positive for anything. He's always been a straight shooter and always professional, yet people keep talking smack about him. I just think it's crazy for him to even do this."

    In the end, after a public back-and-forth, only St-Pierre was randomly tested by VADA, and a month before UFC 167, St-Pierre told La Presse he was "very disappointed" by the UFC's lack of support in this matter. He hinted at these feelings on the conference call to announce his departure last month, but wasn't as clear about his feelings as he was on Tuesday. When White was asked on the conference call if he thought this issue led to St-Pierre's decision, he simply said, "no."

    On Tuesday, St-Pierre stopped short at naming names. He didn't point a finger at White, Hendricks or anyone else, but he made it very clear that this was a major reason why he has no plans to fight any time soon.

    "The only thing I want to say is, I wanted to do something to help those who are honest in the sport. Believe me or not, I never took drugs in my life. I'll take a lie detector test, I don't care. I'm for anti-doping tests. I think it's a big problem in the sport.

    "This is a relatively new sport. There's one organization that has a monopoly, so the fighters don't have much power. They can't really talk because if one says what he thinks, he will get punished.

    "If we want the sport to be accepted worldwide, like baseball, hockey, football, soccer, I believe [drug testing] is the thing to do. I think it's just a matter of time before it happens, it's just that I tried to make it happen now. Maybe they didn't like the idea because if I did it now, it would lead to others doing it and maybe that's not something they wanted to happen.

    "It disappointed me. You know that there are things I can't say. I'm holding back. I'm a public person."

    St-Pierre, who said he is still actively training and is in "excellent shape," announced on Tuesday that his GSP Foundation would give six athletes $15,000 a year for three years to train in six disciplines (karate, taekwondo, boxing, wrestling, fencing and judo). According to GSP's manager Rodolphe Beaulieu, the purpose is "to encourage school and athletic performance."

    The 32-year-old St-Pierre said his family was very supportive of his decision to leave the sport last month, but once again, he left the door open for a return in the future. If certain things change, of course.

    "No wants to talk about [drugs in MMA], but I think we need to talk about it. It's a problem.

    "I wanted to remain diplomatic, but unfortunately there were people who weren't ready to change things. I'm certain it's a question of time. And maybe if things change one day, I'll return."
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Cat Zingano lost her husband and head coach yesterday. RIP Mauricio Zingano
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Phillipou vs Rochold RIGHT NOW MAIN EVENT!
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    1.gif

    Rockhold called out Vitor Belfort afterwards and said that he wants a rematch in the US
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Rockhold most likely will face Mousasi, Munoz or Bisping.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh man getting TKO'd by a body shot would be brutal cause you're totally there and its just like 'fuuuuuck i just lost'
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    oh man getting TKO'd by a body shot would be brutal cause you're totally there and its just like 'fuuuuuck i just lost'

    Yep, body shots are the most humiliating. Because you want to keep going but you just can't.

  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like he landed the kick with his foot. What do you kick boxing afficianodas have to say about that?