What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Would Cube Have Bodied Eminem If Eminem Took The Bait?

13»

Comments

• Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Puget SoundMembers Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »
    GunTown wrote: »
    Oh yeah Eminem and Ice toured together in 2000

They always been cool with each other

I just remembered a clip of an interview from that tour, cube standing next to eminem and someone else and cube was eyeing em and giving off some aggressive vibe.. Em seemed really subdued.

Swear that was posted on this site. I'm sketchy on the details but something def wasn't right about it.

I was there at the Baltimore concert and it was all love.

Like I said Cube recently gave Em love after "Rap 🤬 " and Em has always shown respect to Cube.

The lyrical hurricane that is Eminem’s “Rap 🤬 ” included a slew of name-checks and homages, from Rakim to Pharoahe Monch to JJ Fad and NWA. It was that last shoutout—”Me, I’m a product of Rakim, Lakim Shabazz, 2Pac NWA / Cube, Hey Doc, Ren Yella, Eazy, thank you, they got Slim / Inspired enough to one day grow up, blow up and be in a position / To meet Run DMC, and induct them into the 🤬 ’ / Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame”—that prompted XXL to hop on the phone with Ice Cube to talk about being shouted out on the track.
    “Em has always showed love and showed respect to NWA, and when you do that you go a long way,” Cube said while in Boston on a promo tour for his new Kevin Hart movie Ride Along. “If I did a song [like that], I’d be shouting out people like Ice T, Chuck D, Melle Mel, the ones that came before me who were spitting that truth. Those were the ones that inspired me. It’s just showing love and respect, and that’s why he’s been on top for the longest.”

Cube mentioned he’s been going through the Marshall Mathers LP 2 song by song, and praised “Rap 🤬 ” specifically for its lyrical display. “That song is lyrically incredible,” he said. “And thank 🤬 , you know. Lyrics still rule the day. No matter how commercialized hip-hop tries to get, or how commercialized people’s vision of hip-hop and b-boys and rappers are, lyrics still rule the day… [Eminem] always delivers, he always gives quality. He’s gonna be around for a long, long time because of that, because he’s a true b-boy. He ain’t no dude that’s just in it for the fringe benefits, he’s in it for the respect.”
    Notice Cubes Words and what he actually said they tell the true story, its all gravy in competition to respect the opposition it does not mean that you like them just scouting the other side and giving their due as you expect in kind. Cube is happy about the lyrics be fore front and the white boys ability it does not mean anything more then he said he lets his lyrics show where he stands when he chooses to flex them as has done so consistently through his career...
  • Stew
    Stew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    I just posted the interview bruh.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cube is top 5 imo >>> Em but in a battle on wax at Em prime/peak is different.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AZTG wrote: »
    Yall saying common destroted cube and all but common would destroy em too. Common will destroy 98% of rappers on wax.

Also this. Common is highly underrated but black thought would body common.

That would be a close one but black thought will body almost everyone
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemMembers Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    threads like this is nothing but fans saying 🤬 with no basis for thee arguements
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of feelings caught in this thread.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Em battle record is highly overrated when you think of the ppl he's gone against.. Ja rule??? Benzino??? Limp Biscuit??? Really tho??? 🤬 out here acting like em is known to destroy rappers when in reality his best battles came from a movie

🤬 who has Jay Z beat?

Meeno?
    Deshawn Stephenson?
    Rosie Perez?
    Oasis?
  • The Nuisance
    The Nuisance Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Marshall aint scared of no rapper. You name the rapper & Eminem will 🤬 em. I think out of respect for them 🤬 he wouldn't say anything tho. Plus w/ Cube he'd have to be weary of being labelled "racist". It's one thing if Benzino says it whoooole nother situation if Cube makes that claim.

Come on now....

Big L easily wouldve bodied Em back in the day.

Nas can body EM

Redman can body EM.

I can go on

Redman coulda done damage back in the day being that he is Em's favorite emcee of all time. Nas, prolly not only Jay could bring ether outta him. Big L vs Em woulda been epic due to their similar insane lyrics.

Em ain't the Rap 🤬 , but only a handful of emcees can compete with him!

• just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask my 🤬 Lebron
    So big we aint gotta respond
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy M.O.B. Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Em battle record is highly overrated when you think of the ppl he's gone against.. Ja rule??? Benzino??? Limp Biscuit??? Really tho??? 🤬 out here acting like em is known to destroy rappers when in reality his best battles came from a movie

🤬 who has Jay Z beat?

Meeno?
    Deshawn Stephenson?
    Rosie Perez?
    Oasis?
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

🤬 who has Jay Z beat?

Meeno?
    Deshawn Stephenson?
    Rosie Perez?
    Oasis?

Oh I'm sorry didn't know this thread was about jay z too....smh
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will not be a easy win for cube
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AZTG wrote: »
    Yall saying common destroted cube and all but common would destroy em too. Common will destroy 98% of rappers on wax.

Drizzy Drake the light skinned Keith Sweat took the won against Common...
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cube would've had Em hung over a balcony like Vanilla Ice or some 🤬 .
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Em would have won against Cube back in 2002. But let's not forget Ja Rule wrecked Em, the problem was everyone was already jumping on the G-Unit bandwagon but if you listened you'll know Ja wrecked him.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ja had 1 hot line
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is a joke. Wrong 80s/early 90s rapper to compare.

Eminem is light years nicer. I won't say more than that.