What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The greatest rap album dropped in 1998 and it also had the greatest verse ever imo.

usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
AqueminiOutKast.jpg

Can't tell me no different. Them 🤬 managed to make a perfect album with balance, it had something for everybody (club bangers, street 🤬 , conscious 🤬 , politic raps,etc). The live instruments on that 🤬 make that 🤬 even more dope.

Andre 3000 verse on Aquemini, both of them are just pure genius. That 🤬 is like fresh water on a hot day.

I ain't even gonna bring up the Art of Storytelling, Spootieottie.....,Synthesizer,etc.

GOAT album imo. It took me a while to come to this decision with 🤬 like Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, Paid in Full,etc out there but none of those albums are as complete like Aquemini imo.

Comments

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah.. Good album though.
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    I came into this thread thinking you were gonna say DMX's first (official) album and his verse on "🤬 done started somethin"
  • Stew
    Stew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Agreed.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This album is a top 5 hip hop album of all time in my opinion. The definition of classic. Timeless.. This was apex of Outkast
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ ablackweb.com Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    I concur
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberMembers Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksMembers Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »
    Agreed.

• YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATLiens >>>> Aquemini
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illmatic still the GOAT to me but Ive always had Aquemini in my top 3 all time albums right alongside illmatic, so I have no problem with this opinion
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in b4 tompetrez3 finds a way to diss jay in a usmarine thread not about jay-z
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    not what i expected
  • Beware
    Beware Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭
    I thought this thread was gonna be about capital punishment.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Habitual Line Stepper Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this album but I do have a hard time putting it over Illmatic
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beware wrote: »
    I thought this thread was gonna be about capital punishment.

Or one of the DMX albums......

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    sounds like a dwarf and an elf rappin.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Trill Doggy Dogg (Legion Of Trill) Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    1998 is the GOAT year in life
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattleMembers Posts: 50,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It ain't even their best album
  • Stew
    Stew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    U can call me a stan or whatever but Ive never heard an album from any genre better than this. Granted I am a Hip Hop head to the bone.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ ablackweb.com Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Nah Son wrote: »

TS said best album of 98 ,not alltime. Theyre both top 5 hiphop albums of alltime imo
  • Stew
    Dr.Evil wrote: »
    Nah Son wrote: »

TS said best album of 98 ,not alltime. Theyre both top 5 hiphop albums of alltime imo
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    GOAT album imo. It took me a while to come to this decision with 🤬 like Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, Paid in Full,etc out there but none of those albums are as complete like Aquemini imo.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never been much of an Oukast fan. Its something about the way they rap, they don't sound serious. They sound like they're joking around. It's their accents. I'm as East Coast as you can get. Only 3 places I've lived is Massachusetts, New York and New Jersey so Southern accents sound funny to me.

But Outkast has a few songs I like. I bought their greatest hits album a few years ago. Its cool.
  • Stew
    edited April 2014
    "Im as East Coast as you can get. Only 3 places Ive lived is Mass, NY and NJ"

c%C3%B4teEst.jpeg

🤬 you're the definition of sheltered.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Habitual Line Stepper Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No diss but dismissing rappers for their accent only sounds ignorant as hell to me
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll agree that the greatest verse in Hip-Hop history was dropped in '98, Mos Def dropped it though.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masterpiece...