What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

12930313335

Comments

  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Felt as if Dinklage was wasted. Bolivar Trash wasn't a particularly compelling villain. I think the movie could've used some Master Mold
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Felt as if Dinklage was wasted. Bolivar Trash wasn't a particularly compelling villain. I think the movie could've used some Master Mold

    Bolivat Trask was a black dude in X-3 but a midget Caucasian in this. Dude must have blessed himself with Sentinel-rMystique tech in the 90s or some 🤬 . Dude wasn't Bolivar Trask Jr but since that 🤬 has been wiped out now, I X-3 guess we're meant to forget he was a black dude in X-3.

    Yeah, X-3 and the first Wolverine are the red-headed stepchildren of the franchise. They want us to forget all about them 🤬
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Some of these I hope the audience will forget about but for the bulk of it I pay attention to the universe."

    SMH
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so does this mean that the original trilogy never happened?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if Boliver Trask was supposed to be the "villian" or if there was a real villain to be found here. There was a lot of grey in this movie. Boliver Trask really just wanted to protect humanity from mutant forced extinction. Mystique just wanted to stop the Sentinel program. Magneto just wanted to save mutants. Theway they go about achieving these goals are questionable but there was no flat out sinister plot behind either of them.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if Boliver Trask was supposed to be the "villian" or if there was a real villain to be found here. There was a lot of grey in this movie. Boliver Trask really just wanted to protect humanity from mutant forced extinction. Mystique just wanted to stop the Sentinel program. Magneto just wanted to save mutants. Theway they go about achieving these goals are questionable but there was no flat out sinister plot behind either of them.

    I disagree from the standpoint that Trask had no problem getting his 🤬 scientist on and dissecting mutants. But I see what you're saying and it's an interesting approach that could've been handled better.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if Boliver Trask was supposed to be the "villian" or if there was a real villain to be found here. There was a lot of grey in this movie. Boliver Trask really just wanted to protect humanity from mutant forced extinction. Mystique just wanted to stop the Sentinel program. Magneto just wanted to save mutants. Theway they go about achieving these goals are questionable but there was no flat out sinister plot behind either of them.

    I disagree from the standpoint that Trask had no problem getting his 🤬 scientist on and dissecting mutants. But I see what you're saying and it's an interesting approach that could've been handled better.
    He was definitely on 🤬 but human survival was his endgame and we know that because the Sentinel program was eventually shut down.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one thing i noticed was that if a power is used against one sentinel, it "transmits" that data/power to the other sentinels, so they all have adapted to the power and can use it that instant. each individual sentinel didn't have to be attacked by every power to adapt.

    an example would be when Sunspot used his power against one sentinel, and Iceman was freezing another, the frozen sentinel adapted to Sunspot's attack and broke free of the ice.

    if that holds true, them mutants are 🤬 in the future
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael jai white can play apoc
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mally_G wrote: »
    one thing i noticed was that if a power is used against one sentinel, it "transmits" that data/power to the other sentinels, so they all have adapted to the power and can use it that instant. each individual sentinel didn't have to be attacked by every power to adapt.

    an example would be when Sunspot used his power against one sentinel, and Iceman was freezing another, the frozen sentinel adapted to Sunspot's attack and broke free of the ice.

    if that holds true, them mutants are 🤬 in the future


    Except that they're not because the event that lead to that future is prevented.

  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolivar Trask seemed like a self hating mutant to me. Like he couldn't accept those that are different because he resented being born different himself.
  • focus
    focus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Felt as if Dinklage was wasted. Bolivar Trash wasn't a particularly compelling villain. I think the movie could've used some Master Mold

    Bolivat Trask was a black dude in X-3 but a midget Caucasian in this. Dude must have blessed himself with Sentinel-rMystique tech in the 90s or some 🤬 . Dude wasn't Bolivar Trask Jr but since that 🤬 has been wiped out now, I X-3 guess we're meant to forget he was a black dude in X-3.

    Yeah, X-3 and the first Wolverine are the red-headed stepchildren of the franchise. They want us to forget all about them 🤬

    Let's be real, the studio was salty when they turned down his x-3 pitch so dude went to 🤬 with Superman, That 🤬 bombed so he came back humble, they took him in and let him take control again because they only got Ratner to sign up when they were in a pinch and in the hole money wise. Singer got control again and they are ball hugging that alleged 🤬 something fierce like they got their long lost son back.

    I guess so, but I don't think a lot of people realize that The Last Stand and Days of Future Past were written by the same person. Ratner admitted he didn't know anything about X-Men and only shot what he was told to shoot for TLS. And Singer, while much more familiar with X-Men, was in a similar position with Days of Future Past, not having anything to do with the story or script and only shooting the film. The only time Singer was in charge of both the story and directing was X2, which may be why most still consider it the best.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    Bolivar Trask seemed like a self hating mutant to me. Like he couldn't accept those that are different because he resented being born different himself.
    Funny how the movie completely avoided addressing the fact that he was a midget. There may have been one vague refer to his height but the idea that this midget would have a agenda against mutants as a way to compensate for his shortcoming went unacknowledged. Not sure how I feel about that missed opportunity. On one hand, it's cool that they didn't go with an obvious sub plot but on the other hand, it was so blatant that it almost seems ridiculous NOT to point it out.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    Bolivar Trask seemed like a self hating mutant to me. Like he couldn't accept those that are different because he resented being born different himself.
    Funny how the movie completely avoided addressing the fact that he was a midget. There may have been one vague refer to his height but the idea that this midget would have a agenda against mutants as a way to compensate for his shortcoming went unacknowledged. Not sure how I feel about that missed opportunity. On one hand, it's cool that they didn't go with an obvious sub plot but on the other hand, it was so blatant that it almost seems ridiculous NOT to point it out.

    You feel it was a missed opportunity that the movie didn't dwell on a non-issue? That seems a little silly. We know Trask's motivations for what he was doing, and it had nothing to do with resenting his stature. So why should they have focused on that? Trask was a midget because they liked Dinklege as an actor and wanted him for the part. Trying to force the fact that he's a midget into the plot would have been as dumb as hiring a black actor to play a character and then forcing race into the plot.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerMembers Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw this last night was pretty good the actors for magneto band proffesor x definitely did their thing as well as jennifer lawrence. The beast costume looked a lot better than in first class andddddd I feel some type of way about those future fights man lol. I will call 🤬 on logan surviving drowning though foh lol.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerMembers Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see them all back at the end though and the new shades look tough for the boy cyc.
  • focus
    focus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Members Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Broddie wrote: »
    Bolivar Trask seemed like a self hating mutant to me. Like he couldn't accept those that are different because he resented being born different himself.
    Funny how the movie completely avoided addressing the fact that he was a midget. There may have been one vague refer to his height but the idea that this midget would have a agenda against mutants as a way to compensate for his shortcoming went unacknowledged. Not sure how I feel about that missed opportunity. On one hand, it's cool that they didn't go with an obvious sub plot but on the other hand, it was so blatant that it almost seems ridiculous NOT to point it out.

    Yea, I questioned the issues with Trask as a character throughout the movies as well a couple pages back, but there is no real explanation. And yea, his reasoning for wanting to destroy all mutants because he "admired them" never really made sense either.

    This movie is the The Dark Knight Rises all over again. Entertaining and by no means terrible, but there are obvious, glaring problems and inconsistencies that people are going out of their way to overlook or somehow justify because of expectations or whatever. Its just easier to admit that the movie is far far from perfect to me. *shrugs*
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet the sents return. Like that theory about the creek. If its meant to be, its meant to be.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    Mally_G wrote: »
    one thing i noticed was that if a power is used against one sentinel, it "transmits" that data/power to the other sentinels, so they all have adapted to the power and can use it that instant. each individual sentinel didn't have to be attacked by every power to adapt.

    an example would be when Sunspot used his power against one sentinel, and Iceman was freezing another, the frozen sentinel adapted to Sunspot's attack and broke free of the ice.

    if that holds true, them mutants are 🤬 in the future


    Except that they're not because the event that lead to that future is prevented.

    Beast mentioned the ripple effect of a stone being thrown into a river. No matter how you break up the flow of that river, it's still headed in the same direction. Meaning, it ALMOST doesn't matter what they do in the past to change the future, their deaths by being hunted by sentinels is eminent.

    Look at how every time they go back and forth in an attempt to erase a dark future, they always end up in a dark future; except for the end; but who's to say something won't lead up to the same dark future with a different cast of characters.

    iron man1 wrote: »
    I will call 🤬 on logan surviving drowning though foh lol.

    Isn't it believed that even drowning Logan may not be a way to 🤬 him? He's afraid that it may be the way, but he's always avoided trying to find out. And the movie showed that drowning him doesn't work.

    Someone told me, or I read some place that the only way to 🤬 him is to decapitate him and separate his body and head on two different parts of the globe; to be sure that his body doesn't regenerate or reattach the head.


    The whole thing with Kennedy being "one of us"/mutant is a stretch. I don't think Kennedy was a mutant, I think he was an advocate for mutant rights, and Magneto accepted him for his belief.
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Mally_G wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    Mally_G wrote: »
    one thing i noticed was that if a power is used against one sentinel, it "transmits" that data/power to the other sentinels, so they all have adapted to the power and can use it that instant. each individual sentinel didn't have to be attacked by every power to adapt.

    an example would be when Sunspot used his power against one sentinel, and Iceman was freezing another, the frozen sentinel adapted to Sunspot's attack and broke free of the ice.

    if that holds true, them mutants are 🤬 in the future


    Except that they're not because the event that lead to that future is prevented.

    Beast mentioned the ripple effect of a stone being thrown into a river. No matter how you break up the flow of that river, it's still headed in the same direction. Meaning, it ALMOST doesn't matter what they do in the past to change the future, their deaths by being hunted by sentinels is eminent.

    Look at how every time they go back and forth in an attempt to erase a dark future, they always end up in a dark future; except for the end; but who's to say something won't lead up to the same dark future with a different cast of characters.


    What every time? this is the first time they went back to fix a dark future and the dark future was prevented. Do not make the mistake of thinking this movie adheres to logic in the comic book. They are 2 completely different universes with their own approaches and rules. The movie is the movie and the comic book is the comic book. If you want to talk about the comic book universe you could just go to Quite Comical.

    Now while it's possible that sentinels could still exist in the future of this movie timeline obviously they didn't exist by the time of the new 2023 where everyone is still alive. Furthermore because Mystique is no longer captured her DNA would not be used in the sentinels meaning they won't have the adaptive powers in the first place and will not be the same kind of threat you assumed they would be.
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Broddie wrote: »
    Bolivar Trask seemed like a self hating mutant to me. Like he couldn't accept those that are different because he resented being born different himself.
    Funny how the movie completely avoided addressing the fact that he was a midget. There may have been one vague refer to his height but the idea that this midget would have a agenda against mutants as a way to compensate for his shortcoming went unacknowledged. Not sure how I feel about that missed opportunity. On one hand, it's cool that they didn't go with an obvious sub plot but on the other hand, it was so blatant that it almost seems ridiculous NOT to point it out.

    Why did you cast Peter Dinklage?

    Bryan Singer: I’m a huge fan of his. Station Agent, Game Of Thrones, I admire his work. There’s also something interesting about his size and how that pertains to the notion of someone who views, who understands... I’m sure he went very underestimated throughout life. He comments on it, I don’t know if it’ll be in the final picture, but he says I was underestimated, so do not underestimate these creatures, and then an incident occurs and the mutants are revealed.

    There are elements of the government that knows about mutants from the incident in Cuba but it’s very underground, secretive CIA stuff and what arose from Cuba is Trask, who became this government-backed character who was leading the charge in experimenting on mutants and studying them and ultimately designing a way to make them humanity’s adversary.
    Do you have a sense of why your character does what he does? Do you have a back story for him in your head?

    Peter Dinklage: He has a chip on his shoulder, definitely. They do address my size a little bit - no pun intended - there's a 'need to prove myself' element to Trask that's really a good, complicated thing to play. Not too much, though - he's always the smartest man in the room, so he doesn't have to prove himself too much.

    Seems like they at least flirted with the notion.
  • geechiedanbuford214
    geechiedanbuford214 Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Movie was garbage truck juice....str8 boo boo smh
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he's a prepubescent kid in that scene that's what they are saying in the youtube comments. didn't ya'll say dennis haysbert should voice apocalypse or have that role? I hope apocalypse will be cgi like thanos with a good voice actor.


    Micheal Clark Duncan (🤬 rest his soul) was the PERFECT person to play Apocalypse.

    James earl Jones in his crucify him voice
Sign In or Register to comment.