What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Do You Think ODB Is Underrated? (Should He Be Next Up For A Biopic?)

GorillaWitAttitude
GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
edited July 2014 in The Reason
Sometimes I kinda think ODB is underrated for some reason. The dude had sick rhymes and etc. Plus I liked the Brooklyn Zoo joint. Also, do you think he should get a biopic. It would be interesting to see his childhood up to his Rap career and death. Damn and to think it's been 10 years since his passing. Plus he was great in Wu-Tang.

P.S. if he was to get a biopic who should play him?
[img]http://www.eurweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Ol-🤬 -Bastard-odb3.jpeg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1-t2jhrOIQU

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not do a Wu biopic?
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Why not do a Wu biopic?
    They can do that too, but I always wanted to see ODB get his own pic. I would like to see his childhood up atleast to joining the Wu-Tang and then death.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nothing else, it would be wildly entertaining.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Why not do a Wu biopic?

That would be a super long film, but I'd watch it just so I can see Ghost and Chef playing Spy vs. Spy all over Staten Island...
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odb life is not worth a movie. But is watch a wu movie to l tho
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a talent standpoint he's not overrated. He was essentially the Wu's over the top hype man. However, from a story stand point, his story is bananas. Think about it, all this 🤬 happened to one person:

He was the original award show interrupter.
    He was robbed and shot in the chest and he drove himself to the hospital.
    He was in a shootout with the cops due to a case of mistaken identity.
    He escaped from prison and lived on the run for about a month.
    He saved a little girl from a burning car after a car accident.

And that's just the 🤬 I as a fan can name off the top of my head. Imagine what other 🤬 happened behind the scenes.
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ He also went to pick up his welfare check on national t.v. He went in a stretch limo and everything. ..lol
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ He also went to pick up his welfare check on national t.v. He went in a stretch limo and everything. ..lol

And talked about gettin burnt by Gonorrea...
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it was one thing I learnt from him it was you should never be ashamed of being unique

ngga please is still the funniest hip hop album ever
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    If anything he's overrated. I've heard people use the word genius to describe him, and not in a patronizing manner either. RIP still though.
  • Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    There's already an ODB movie in the works. Omar from The Wire is playin him.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    There's already an ODB movie in the works. Omar from The Wire is playin him.

That's great then
  • The Lonious Monk
    Ben E wrote: »

And talked about gettin burnt by Gonorrea...

"Actually, when you think about it, I got burnt two times."

lol That dude was a fool.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd rather see an odb movie than a tupac movie. pacs already had so many documentaries. an autobiography with him doing voicenarration. and appearances in other biopics like the mc hammer story and notorious. it would be telling the same story over again. based on what was in the above post and odb movie would be interesting.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a talent standpoint he's not overrated. He was essentially the Wu's over the top hype man. However, from a story stand point, his story is bananas. Think about it, all this 🤬 happened to one person:

He was the original award show interrupter.
    He was robbed and shot in the chest and he drove himself to the hospital.
    He was in a shootout with the cops due to a case of mistaken identity.
    He escaped from prison and lived on the run for about a month.
    He saved a little girl from a burning car after a car accident.

And that's just the 🤬 I as a fan can name off the top of my head. Imagine what other 🤬 happened behind the scenes.

Can I get a link to these stories bar the interuption one.they dont seem believable
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A WU movie would be goat
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberMembers Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell yeah, I'd watch it
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I need my money!"
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of the 9 MCs in Wu, I'm not sure if I'd rank him in the top 5.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited July 2014

Can I get a link to these stories bar the interuption one.they dont seem believable

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/12/8-explosive-finds-in-wu-tang-clan-member-ol-🤬 -bastard-s-fbi-files.html
    According to the FBI file, on Nov. 3, 1999, Ol’ 🤬 Bastard gave detectives a description of being robbed and shot on July 1, 1998. According to ODB’s account, he was asleep in bed and awoke to a gun in his face, wrestled with his assailant, and shots went off. ODB was shot in the left arm and back. The jewelry—including a linked chain with a “7” charm on it and rings valued at about $10,000 total—was removed from ODB’s body by one of the masked gunmen. Before it all went down, ODB said his sister heard that he was “to be hit.” The family allegedly knew who committed the robbery, and he “plays b-ball always on the street.” ODB then drove himself to St. John’s Hospital for treatment. ODB declined to investigate who robbed him “because he did not want to cause problems for his family, who still lived in the projects where the robbery occurred.” It was also revealed that, two years prior to this incident, ODB was robbed and shot in Brooklyn’s Kingston projects.
    On Jan. 30, 1999, the FBI’s request that Ol’ 🤬 Bastard’s criminal record be released to them was granted by then-New York Police Department Commissioner Howard Safir. Robert “Ol’ 🤬 Bastard” Jones was arrested a total of nine times between April 1, 1987, and Jan. 15, 1999, for crimes ranging from petty larceny to attempted first-degree murder. The most curious charges against ODB stemmed from an arrest on Nov. 12, 1997, when he was charged both with contempt and nonsupport of a child, and his arrest on Jan. 15, 1999, when he was charged with attempted murder in the first/second degree, criminal use of a firearm, and … unlawful wearing of a body vest.

http://www.eonline.com/news/37589/ol-🤬 -bastard-in-shootout-police-say
    The Wu-Tang Clan member was arrested on that charge Friday night in New York following a blazing shootout with cops, authorities said.
    The incident occurred at about 8:15 p.m. in Brooklyn, shortly after ODB--real name: Russell Jones--reportedly left a local recording studio.
    Plain-clothes cops attempted to pull over a 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe for a traffic violation, police said. When the vehicle stopped, at least one person inside the car fired shots at the officers. A gun battle ensued.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/80055/ol-🤬 -bastard-may-face-2-4-years-in-jail
    ODB will not face additional jail time for his failure to appear in court after he escaped from a court-ordered drug rehab clinic in Pasadena, Calif., last October. The following month, the rapper shocked the hip-hop community by appearing onstage at the release party for the Wu-Tang clan's "The W" album. Although a number of policemen were on hand at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom, ODB -- who appeared to have gained a significant amount of weight since his last public sighting -- was able to leave the venue and avoid arrest.

Less than a week later, he was apprehended in the parking lot of a Philadelphia McDonald's. Today's guilty plea stems from a March 1999 incident when police found 🤬 🤬 and marijuana on ODB while investigating his vehicle for a traffic violation. The rapper's list of legal troubles is long and lengthy, including a not guilty verdict on charges of attempted murder, weapons possession, and assault, stemming from a January 1999 shooting.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1429494/ol-🤬 -bastard-saves-child/
    Over this past weekend ODB was in the studio with the Wu group Twelve O’Clock, in Brooklyn, when they rushed to the aid of a four-year-old girl who had been hit by a car outside of the studio.

The child was trapped underneath the vehicle when 🤬 and some of his friends lifted the car off of her. She was taken to the hospital and treated for first and second degree burns from the car’s engine.

🤬 visited the hospital to check on the girl’s condition, but the normally anything-but-low key ODB never identified himself to her family. However, they recognized him and alerted the media.

Again, all that happened in ONE person's life.