What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Comments

• eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn. Vince ain't been in the best mood lately it seems..

Will Randy ever win his battle with the announce table?

Will dolph Ziggler finally graduate from jobber status?

Who will Vince release next?

Find out on the next exciting episode of Dragonball Z!
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ the wwe Facebook comments about del rio being released

2n092bp.jpg
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dude was definitely over pushed but right when they started booking him in a spot in the card where he should be, they fire him, they lost a reliable hand, prolly over some 🤬
  • VIBE
    We noted before that WWE did not use Alberto Del Rio's real name when announcing his release from the company this evening.

It's also interesting that they did not wish him the best in his future endeavors.

For what it's worth, Rob Feinstein of RF Video wrote on his Facebook that Del Rio was involved in a backstage incident at the recent WWE TV tapings.

RF claimed that Del Rio had words with an employee who works for WWE's social media department and allegedly slapped him.

This should be taken as strictly rumor for now.

We've noted how Del Rio has expressed interest in leaving WWE and returning to Mexico once his deal expired this year.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionMembers Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come over to TNA or ROH Alberto where wrestling really lives at
  • Broddie
    Broddie just me and my bitch NYCMembers Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn the one guy who could carry anybody in that company in a match is now gone. I wasn't a fan of his character or his booking but his in ring prowess was always undeniable; he could make anybody look good. Even the 🤬 Big Show. Big loss for them but I also hope he either returns to Mexico now and gets booked properly for a change or goes to NJPW and joins Bullet Club.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As we previously reported last night, WWE abruptly released Alberto Del Rio from the company after citing he was involved in an incident with a company employee.

WWE said Alberto was released for ‘unprofessional conduct’, but no other details have been given by the company themselves. Several reports state Alberto slapped an employee, who may have been WWE.com reporter or producer, after being angered by them.

PWInsider is reporting that a source told them Alberto slapped the employee after reacting to a racist comment made to him. WWE has since stated they will not make an announcement beyond what was already posted on their website yesterday.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything else they will make a statement on but when one of their employee's being racist they don't want people to know
  • waterproof
    waterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionMembers Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WWE is going to fall and all. You fans especially black and Latino should be ashamed of yourselves after years of stereotype and other 🤬
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    As we previously reported last night, WWE abruptly released Alberto Del Rio from the company after citing he was involved in an incident with a company employee.

WWE said Alberto was released for ‘unprofessional conduct’, but no other details have been given by the company themselves. Several reports state Alberto slapped an employee, who may have been WWE.com reporter or producer, after being angered by them.

PWInsider is reporting that a source told them Alberto slapped the employee after reacting to a racist comment made to him. WWE has since stated they will not make an announcement beyond what was already posted on their website yesterday.

Please let this be true. They need to be put under a spotlight for 🤬 like this.
  • VIBE
    I dunno if this is true but this is what happened..

Catering asked a WWE employee to clear his plate, he laughed and said it was Del Rio's job to do that.. Word got to Del Rio and he confronted the guy, asked him to apologize and the guy just laughed it off, Del Rio slapped the 🤬 outta him.. Now he's fired..
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark Henry should've done the same 🤬 but he didn't have Mexico as a back up plan so...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    VIBE wrote: »
    I dunno if this is true but this is what happened..

Catering asked a WWE employee to clear his plate, he laughed and said it was Del Rio's job to do that.. Word got to Del Rio and he confronted the guy, asked him to apologize and the guy just laughed it off, Del Rio slapped the 🤬 outta him.. Now he's fired..

i hope this is true, sucks he lost his job over it, but good for del rio not takin that 🤬 ass 🤬 , damn shame some social media dude seems to have had more value to wwe than a ring general that was poorly booked, smh at people still sayin 🤬 like that so blatantly in this day and age
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    I just read that how it went down, there was a catering situation, and the social media manager was asked do clean his plate, then replied by saying "That's Del Rio's job." Word got back to Del Rio, and he asked for an apology, the guy smiled at him and didn't apologize, so then he got smacked.

Honestly, if that was the case, then a suspension, but not a firing.
  • VIBE
    Apparently, WWE is using Del Rios twitter handle and through that, is putting all the blame on ADR.
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe/38362-more-notes-on-del-rio-firing
    VIBE wrote: »
    Apparently, WWE is using Del Rios twitter handle and through that, is putting all the blame on ADR.

When the dude you smack runs the handle, it sort of makes sense that information would come out that way.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Del Rio a real G if thats true
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzMembers, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    jono wrote: »
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

Please let this be true. They need to be put under a spotlight for 🤬 like this.

Sad part is people still gonna support the product, no matter what for 9.99...
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerMembers Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WWE is full of 🤬 heads and racists smh
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 I'm an animal I shoulda been born in Jumanji Los AngelesMembers Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feeling it would add a realistic element to their program, Heyman said he wanted WWE to utilize footage of The Undertaker's confrontation with Lesnar following Lesnar's fight against Cain Velasquez on October 23, 2010 in Anaheim, California.

For those that don't remember the incident, The Undertaker and Lesnar went into business for themselves by staging a quick confrontation where an out of character 'Taker asked Lesnar "Do you wanna do it?" as each stared the other down. WWE wanted to book The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar at the following year's WrestleMania whilst Lesnar was still a UFC fighter and under contract to the organization. The match never happened since UFC President Dana White refused to let Lesnar fight and wrestle at the same time.

Heyman's other proposed idea involved his past managerial ties to The Undertaker in WCW. Under Heyman's guidance, the future legend (known as "Mean" Mark Callous) became a strong singles competitor with victories over Johnny Ace at Capital Combat in May 1990 and Brian Pillman at Clash of the Champions XI: Coastal Crush in June 1990. Callous faced Lex Luger for the NWA United States Heavyweight Championship at The Great American Bash in July 1990, and lost. Heyman's proposed idea was to have WWE showcase footage from his match with Luger.

Due to his mysterious persona, WWE does not acknowledge The Undertaker's time with WCW. That hasn't always been the case as The Undertaker addressed his WCW days in the 2001 video release Undertaker: This is My Yard. Heyman spoke on the video as well, where he remarked: "Our first meeting was in Indianapolis. He walked into the room and this guy was just a monster. He had such a presence to him. The fact that he wasn't already on top of WCW scared me."

Heyman the truth
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman It All Started With A StarterCoat Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case you missed it earlier, WWE NXT trainer and announcer Jason "Tensai" Albert said in his latest video blog that he's retired from the ring. Here's what he said:

"I've actually hung up the boots for in-ring work, and I'm living a dream come true now. I've always had a passion of teaching and coaching, and that is what I'm able to do today."

- It's worth noting that Kofi Kingston is working as a babyface during WWE's current tour of Australia and Big E flew solo for his loss to Rusev on last night's SmackDown. At last weekend's WWE live events, Big E was teaming with Diego as a babyface. WWE hasn't made a mention of the stable with Big E, Kofi and Xavier Woods in over a week, and it appears that stable may have been dropped. At one point Mark Henry was rumored to join.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Update_on_WWE_s_Stable_with_Kofi_Kingston_WWE_Talent_Retired_from_In-Ring_Competition.html#o22bC2v18uLVhh7y.99
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit NO FUCKS GIVEN Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    TheBossman wrote: »
    In case you missed it earlier, WWE NXT trainer and announcer Jason "Tensai" Albert said in his latest video blog that he's retired from the ring. Here's what he said:

"I've actually hung up the boots for in-ring work, and I'm living a dream come true now. I've always had a passion of teaching and coaching, and that is what I'm able to do today."

- It's worth noting that Kofi Kingston is working as a babyface during WWE's current tour of Australia and Big E flew solo for his loss to Rusev on last night's SmackDown. At last weekend's WWE live events, Big E was teaming with Diego as a babyface. WWE hasn't made a mention of the stable with Big E, Kofi and Xavier Woods in over a week, and it appears that stable may have been dropped. At one point Mark Henry was rumored to join.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Update_on_WWE_s_Stable_with_Kofi_Kingston_WWE_Talent_Retired_from_In-Ring_Competition.html#o22bC2v18uLVhh7y.99

man what the 🤬 ? really? wwe sucks, *del rio voice* but you already know that

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As we reported last year, during the taping of WWE’s annual Tribute to the Troops special, an incident took place backstage in WWE during which AJ Lee confronted NBC Sports personality Michelle Beadle, following a remark made by Beadle to Lee’s then-boyfriend CM Punk.

The Tribute to the Troops taping took place on December 11th, 2013, and on December 15th, Michelle Beadle noted the following on Twitter:

“I’ve known CM Punk for years. Considered him a friend. When I saw him at the arena, I said ‘hey f***face’. The exact same way I talk to everyone. His girlfriend was no where near this. And I kept walking along with my assistant and two members of WWE PR. Next thing I know, I’m being yelled at [by AJ Lee].

I honestly thought it was a joke. Period. The event went on and it was amazing. So I hope we can move on from this ridiculously lame ‘story.’ As for the crazies, BLOCKED! And Happy freaking Holidays!!!”

Members of F4WOnline.com’s message board were discussing Alberto Del Rio’s release from WWE this week, and were speculating which WWE employee Del Rio slapped, which caused his termination, and as we reported earlier today, Dave Meltzer simply posted “Cody Barbierri.” You can read more details on the Del Rio/Barbierri incident, and what caused it, by clicking here.

As Del Rio discussion continued on the F4WOnline.com message board, a fan compared Del Rio’s outburst to AJ Lee’s outburst at the Tribute to the Troops tapings last year, and the comparison prompted Meltzer to reveal Lee was in serious danger of losing her job due to her behavior towards Beadle, but the decision to fire her was ultimately overturned by Vince McMahon. Meltzer had the following to say:

“A.J. wasn’t safe at all. There was a reason she wasn’t fired and it had nothing to do with Punk being her boyfriend nor how good a performer she was, although her star power did play into it.

The decision was made to fire her but Vince overruled it because he saw the big picture. It’s very complicated, but in that issue, Vince was savvy way beyond those underneath him and saw what would happen long-term and made the big picture smart call. If that happened now, the situation would be the same and she wouldn’t be fired for the same reason. Her being fired for that specific incident would have caused a chain of events to happen next that Vince thought would do the company more harm than good. There is no guarantee he was right in how he thought it would play out but it was far more foresight than is usually exhibited in these situations.”
  • Mr. Rich Pryor
    Mr. Rich Pryor Members Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBossman wrote: »

wwe cancelling da brothas out
    nBc28Vv_0.gif
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The WWE didn't even try to do anything with that stable. Kofi will go back to being the happy jobber, Big E will go back to being Rusev's 🤬 and Xavier will be off TV for the foreseeable future