What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Comments

• GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    i bet if lashley would have stayed longer, vince would have put the 🤬 him

I doubt that fam maybe that secondary belt which is retired.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe, but they way they fought to put the ecw 🤬 him so early over punk, he might have had a slim chance
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought lashley had the best chance to get the wwe belt too
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    maybe, but they way they fought to put the ecw 🤬 him so early over punk, he might have had a slim chance

ECW was the C- Brand though. In my opinion, MVP or Shelton should have held the belt. I'm just gonna say it we will never see a Black WWE Champion.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should have had better situations, but i can see why they never made main event status.
  • RawAce
    Honestly,
    I see no reason why lashley couldn't have got the belt.
    Dude had the size Vince likes, good amateur background , prior service which makes good public relations and he wasn't terrible on the mic

MVP is the next closest but I think they were afraid of seeing "convicted felon is crowned wwe champ"
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    According to The Wrestling Observer, there were two main reasons why WWE decided to have Brock Lesnar destroy John Cena in their main event title match at SummerSlam.

The first reason was to put Lesnar over as a “monster,” and to separate him from the rest of the WWE “pack.”

The second reason was to put John Cena over for not giving up in a situation where it seemed impossible for him to win. WWE wanted him to come off looking admirable for taking a brutal beating like that and never quitting.

As for Brock Lesnar’s TV future, WWE did shoot footage of him at Raw this week in Las Vegas, which the company will air on future episodes of Raw that Lesnar will be missing due to his schedule.

what else is lesnar doing that he cant even make tv appearances? this is my issue with part time champions
    the rock is one of my favorite wrestlers but i had the same issue with him. why put the belt on a dude who's only going to make two appearances leading up to his next title defense?

now all we're going to get until NOC is promos between cena and heyman, which we got enough of leading up to summerslam

Paul Heyman has said what Ive been saying for a while and that is that the champ not being there every week brings prestige to the title. It makes you miss it and appreciate it more. Thats part of the reason people turn on every single guy that becomes champ, it gets old and repetitive. People SAY they want the champ there every week but then people turn around and whine when it gets "boring". It happened to Punk, Bryan, even Cena to an extent (although the real reason people hate on him is because he flat out sucks) and it WILL happen to Reigns. Oversaturation is a problem and the solution is for the belt not to be there every week. It also forces WWE to push the envelope with the talent and actually be creative for once.

Bottom line, no matter what happens you cant please EVERYBODY...

no it doesnt. you mean to tell me the face of the company only wants to be associated with said company twice a month? thats like a tom brady or peyton manning only playing every 3 sundays. durant and lebron playing 5 games per month.

vince, hhh, etc. always said nobody is bigger than the company but this part time champion thing says otherwise. as you buy a ticket for a wwe event you shouldnt be thinking "i wonder if the wwe champion will make an appearance". thats supposed to be a guarantee

if brock cant handle the schedule, cool. but dont put the belt on him

" People SAY they want the champ there every week but then people turn around and whine when it gets "boring". It happened to Punk, Bryan, even Cena to an extent"

that has more to do with how said champion is booked (character, storyline). those complaints i constantly hear. nobody complained about the wwe champion being there week in and week out. thats their job. nobody asked for part time champions. wwe gave you 🤬 🤬 and you're trying to convince yourselves its a burger
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I posted that article in which Paul Heyman talks about why part-timer champs are good for business.

I thought it was a good way to look at it.
  • RawAce
    The world champion shouldn't be on tv every week. The TV champ and/or mid level champ should be.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    titus and mark henry the only two i could see realistically getting it
  • RawAce
    I'm in the dark here.

How in the blue 🤬 does Titus oneil keep coming up?

Does he have some underground following idk about ?
  • south4life
    south4life Bama Repesenta! Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Punk had already had the ECW belt before Lashley, that was during The ECW Originals vs. The New Breed feud.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    south4life wrote: »

Punk had already had the ECW belt before Lashley, that was during The ECW Originals vs. The New Breed feud.

Lashley had it first, they had an elimination chamber match and WWE was trying to keep Punk down and had him the first person eliminated
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

ECW was the C- Brand though. In my opinion, MVP or Shelton should have held the belt. I'm just gonna say it we will never see a Black WWE Champion.

Rock is the closest thing to a black champ WWE will ever have and he's the only person that became bigger than the brand it self, that's why he should be hands down top 2 all-time if not the GOAT, if he's anything lower than 5 on your list and you're black, you're a 🤬
  • Dupac
    RawAce wrote: »
    I'm in the dark here.

he got the size, and he's fuckign hilarious on the mic... they just never really let him cut loose.....

one time he was doing commentary...and i swear that 🤬 was comedy from start to finish....many wrestles you can tell when they doing commentary if their a character or if they're just having fun....titus was natural as 🤬 ......

after that a lotta people started low key supporting him.....wwe just never gave him a real push....

even when the shield was doing their thing....every time titus and reigns were about to clash in the ring....the whole audience would stand and start pumping 🤬 up....people jsut liked seeing the two power house dudes go at it....

all he really needs is to be a lil more polished in the ring.... but as far as charisma and size....he got that 🤬 on lock
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit NO FUCKS GIVEN Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to The Wrestling Observer, there were two main reasons why WWE decided to have Brock Lesnar destroy John Cena in their main event title match at SummerSlam.

The first reason was to put Lesnar over as a “monster,” and to separate him from the rest of the WWE “pack.”

The second reason was to put John Cena over for not giving up in a situation where it seemed impossible for him to win. WWE wanted him to come off looking admirable for taking a brutal beating like that and never quitting.

As for Brock Lesnar’s TV future, WWE did shoot footage of him at Raw this week in Las Vegas, which the company will air on future episodes of Raw that Lesnar will be missing due to his schedule.

what else is lesnar doing that he cant even make tv appearances? this is my issue with part time champions
    the rock is one of my favorite wrestlers but i had the same issue with him. why put the belt on a dude who's only going to make two appearances leading up to his next title defense?

now all we're going to get until NOC is promos between cena and heyman, which we got enough of leading up to summerslam

Paul Heyman has said what Ive been saying for a while and that is that the champ not being there every week brings prestige to the title. It makes you miss it and appreciate it more. Thats part of the reason people turn on every single guy that becomes champ, it gets old and repetitive. People SAY they want the champ there every week but then people turn around and whine when it gets "boring". It happened to Punk, Bryan, even Cena to an extent (although the real reason people hate on him is because he flat out sucks) and it WILL happen to Reigns. Oversaturation is a problem and the solution is for the belt not to be there every week. It also forces WWE to push the envelope with the talent and actually be creative for once.

no it doesnt. you mean to tell me the face of the company only wants to be associated with said company twice a month? thats like a tom brady or peyton manning only playing every 3 sundays. durant and lebron playing 5 games per month.

vince, hhh, etc. always said nobody is bigger than the company but this part time champion thing says otherwise. as you buy a ticket for a wwe event you shouldnt be thinking "i wonder if the wwe champion will make an appearance". thats supposed to be a guarantee

" People SAY they want the champ there every week but then people turn around and whine when it gets "boring". It happened to Punk, Bryan, even Cena to an extent"

that has more to do with how said champion is booked (character, storyline). those complaints i constantly hear. nobody complained about the wwe champion being there week in and week out. thats their job. nobody asked for part time champions. wwe gave you 🤬 🤬 and you're trying to convince yourselves its a burger

We just gonna agree to disagree.
  • Dupac
    for just $9.99 you can tune in right now to watch night of champions when the PTP went against reigns and rollins.....

titus really carried his team, and it was a damn good match..u can tell the crowd was into it
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited August 2014
    I'm in the dark here.

he has bookoo charisma, but im asking the same thing, bruh greener than money
    Honestly,
    I see no reason why lashley couldn't have got the belt.
    Dude had the size Vince likes, good amateur background , prior service which makes good public relations and he wasn't terrible on the mic

MVP is the next closest but I think they were afraid of seeing "convicted felon is crowned wwe champ"

i was thinking about mvp too, prolly the last us champion worth a damn, i think maybe the late start in age hindered him
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    but i bet if ptp was still together they'd be popular as 🤬
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    mikelewis wrote: »
    They gave Shelton Benjamin a mamie, that should tell people what think of blacks in the WWE.

nova mentioned this in a shoot in another thread "u mean to tell me they couldnt at least find a claire huxtable type for shelton"

but yea they tried a bunch of 🤬 that didnt work
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but i bet if ptp was still together they'd be popular as 🤬

I'm sure they wouldn't have lasted whether or not this would've happened, but it seems like after Darren came out, they shut them down..

"you're black and you're 🤬 ? NOPE!"

at first, though, that looked like a good move cuz they were getting wins and getting good ring time..
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. The only reason people accept this 🤬 is because they looooooove Lesnar.

This idea that the title is defended too much is such 🤬 I don't know how anyone can believe that.

When was the last title match on live TV? When was the last title switch on live TV (non-MITB)?

There hasn't been one in years...so how can you honestly say once a month is too much?

It's absurd to think that an absentee champion is good, that 🤬 sucks. It sucks for people who but tickets to TV and house shows, it sucks for people who want to watch B-PPVs and shows (for instance the WWE title hasn't been defended on Smackdown since....).

Like the homie said, Tom Brady doesn't only play in playoff games and Super Bowls, and the main character of a TV how doesn't only appear on the season finale.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit NO FUCKS GIVEN Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »

Exactly. The only reason people accept this 🤬 is because they looooooove Lesnar.

This idea that the title is defended too much is such 🤬 I don't know how anyone can believe that.

When was the last title match on live TV? When was the last title switch on live TV (non-MITB)?

There hasn't been one in years...so how can you honestly say once a month is too much?

It's absurd to think that an absentee champion is good, that 🤬 sucks. It sucks for people who but tickets to TV and house shows, it sucks for people who want to watch B-PPVs and shows (for instance the WWE title hasn't been defended on Smackdown since....).

Like the homie said, Tom Brady doesn't only play in playoff games and Super Bowls, and the main character of a TV how doesn't only appear on the season finale.

get out ya feelings bruh. just because not everybody shares your belief doesnt mean its 🤬 . chill.
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »

get out ya feelings bruh. just because not everybody shares your belief doesnt mean its 🤬 . chill.

What feelings? We ain't talking religion, this ain't about beliefs, it's common sense. I explained the hypocrisy of not defending titles in a different topic, and that's all it is...hypocrisy.