What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Name the rappers who have or have had the "it" factor in your opinion

Lustchyld
Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
....and while you're at it explain your criteria for having "it" in hip-hop. I'll kick it off--to me having "it" is a matter of the timing when a given artist emerges and the originality of said artist. DMX had it during his prime cuz it wasn't many street rappers from NY who had that energy and passion like him. Eminem in his prime cuz his horrorcore/shock value schtick was well ahead of the curve at the time. Also, Dead Prez on some levels cuz revolutionary/politically charged material had all but been thrown to the wayside during their emergence. Perhaps Jigga circa Vol. 2 for his mainstream vision. Also, Bone thugs E. 99 era cuz their sound was so unique

Comments

• Lustchyld
    I'm gonna spin this joint one mo 'gain
  • alejandro
    alejandro Members Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    50 cent hands down. Had Dr.dre and eminem on his first video. What more can you ask?
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    schoolboy q could be huge

he just 🤬 up
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50...dude was like a perfectly manufactured rapper after he got shot..similar to a 5 tool baseball player
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snoop
    Busta
    Eminem
    50 Cent
    LL Cool J
    Lauryn
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt STREET MILITARY till Infinity !!!! Members Posts: 10,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how many times are u gonna make this thread?
  • Lustchyld
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    how many times are u gonna make this thread?

what got your panties in a bunch??
  • O.G.
    O.G. GUILTY BY AFFILIATION. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me Ghostface has it.. He should be more popular than he already is imo. He can make songs for the streets, ladies and he touches on a variety of topics. His charisma is obvious. He can flow through verses with no wackness. I get why the younger generation might not 🤬 with him but to me he is everything that Jay-Z is and 🤬 and pilgrims go crazy for him. I don't get why Ghost aint on that same level. I know yall aint gonna agree but its my opinion.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Right now Drake prolly has the largest it factor

• O.G.
    O.G. GUILTY BY AFFILIATION. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.G. wrote: »
    To me Ghostface has it.. He should be more popular than he already is imo. He can make songs for the streets, ladies and he touches on a variety of topics. His charisma is obvious. He can flow through verses with no wackness. I get why the younger generation might not 🤬 with him but to me he is everything that Jay-Z is and 🤬 and pilgrims go crazy for him. I don't get why Ghost aint on that same level. I know yall aint gonna agree but its my opinion.

"It" factor means it's generally agreed that he's a star.

On a personal note I dig ghosts music...but anybody that's not a wu fan probably wouldn't see him as a star

True, but now "stars" are manufactured so the it factor does not seem to matter. Word to Iggy.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned Nicki Minaj.

She can spit (Monster) and I watch her videos on youtube all the time.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. Tri-State Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chano

tumblr_ms9zf4svnR1qdw815o1_500.gif
  • Ear2DaSt
    edited August 2014
    Jeezy and Gotti sound close
    but Gotti better (imo)
    not only that but my good computer has issues
    Im not trying to make excuses tho
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    Jeezy and Gotti sound close
    but Gotti better (imo)

Wrong thread, 🤬 .
  • Ear2DaSt
    edited August 2014
    🤬 happens I atleast posted thirty posts today
    not only that my good computer has issues
    Im not trying to make excuses tho