What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Fox's GOTHAM

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo I missed like 5 mins from channel surfing....

I feel like it was an eternity
  • Dupac
    Penguin a fool
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Ol' Deaf Bastard downstate IllinoisMembers Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok ..i just figured it out from Gordon's speech to Bruce........
    The waste disposal site -- probably where Joker's orgin will be OR Killer Croc's OR Grundy will unearthed

Other part of Arkham -- def the "modern" Arkham Asylum that Batman will eventually know of

Low rent buildings? - Def the infamous "Narrows" in the Batman future ...
  • DillaDeaf
    edited October 2014
    batman-arkhamasylum-0tou2p.jpg

From wiki:
    Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth (often shortened to Batman: Arkham Asylum) is a Batman graphic novel written by Grant Morrison and illustrated by Dave McKean. It was originally published in the United States in both hardcover and softcover editions by DC Comics in 1989. The subtitle is taken from Philip Larkin's poem "Church Going."

The graphic novel was the first Batman story to be written by Morrison before becoming a regular writer in future Batman titles. Inspired by previous works like The Dark Knight Returns, Morrison conceived the story to be his own different approach to the character, using heavy symbolical references and the deconstruction of many iconic Batman villains. The story follows the vigilante Batman, who was called upon to quell a maddening riot taking place in the infamous Arkham Asylum, a psychiatric hospital housing the most dangerous supervillains in Gotham City. Inside, Batman meets and fights many of his enduring rogues gallery such as the Joker, Two-Face, and Killer Croc, many of whom have changed since he last saw them. As Batman ventures deeper, he discovers the origin of how the asylum was established, the history of its builder Amadeus Arkham, and the supernatural and psychological mystery that has been haunting the area.

Upon its release, the graphic novel garnered commercial and critical acclaim, and is considered by many as one of the greatest Batman stories of all time, and one of the best works of Grant Morrison's career.[1] The graphic novel would later become the definitive story of the Arkham Asylum, a critical part of the Batman mythos.

Here's it is......the book that inspired the AA game (right down to the cover alone --you remember that part of the game!:
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/6ybvwkcg5upt/rkhmsylm15thnnvrsrydtn.zip

@DWO‌ , @Sion‌
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerMembers Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DillaDeaf wrote: »
    The waste disposal site -- probably where Joker's orgin will be OR Killer Croc's OR Grundy will unearthed

Other part of Arkham -- def the "modern" Arkham Asylum that Batman will eventually know of

Was Grundy mentioned to be in this?
  • DillaDeaf
    iron man1 wrote: »
    DillaDeaf wrote: »

Was Grundy mentioned to be in this?

Not yet, but he's an important part of the city of Gotham mythos.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premiered here in the UK last night and I'm impressed..

Penguin's transformation was seamless and spot on

Jada looking right, vicious and sexy. I dunno where all the "over acting" allegations are coming from

Only TV series I was really (really) into was Mad Men. Finna go all the way with this, Lord willin
  • Dupac
    seriously dislike alfred and jim's wife

both annoying ass characters...when i didn't think there would be any.....i mean even though montoya scheming...i still like her...but jim's wife is wack juice

• DillaDeaf
    DWO wrote: »

both annoying ass characters...when i didn't think there would be any.....i mean even though montoya scheming...i still like her...but jim's wife is wack juice

You not suppose to like Alfred....he's still a few years retired from his military background. Also Alfred's the voice of reason alot but remember he doesn't know that Bruce is training himself ...so think how would you react to Bruce?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but Alfred isn't just being a voice of reason, he's being a negative nancy ass 🤬 and I can barely understand his British muttering sometimes.

How is a 9 year old Bruce more wise, inquisitive, and cautious than a grown ass former MI6 agent?
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really feeling this episode
    not sure why someone would hire the same assassin who is killing your own people. The writers probably thought they could pull a brother mouzone but in the end it made the mobsters look incompetent.
    Of course it could just be Fish Mooney sowing seeds for the war to really jump off
    Penguin gets a promotion for doing what?
    This come up he's on is so unrealistic
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON 30 Year Old Version Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DWO wrote: »

Jim's wife is aite, she's the annoying wife so she playing that role well. Down the road her and Jim start to bump heads I believe I heard before the show started.

I think the captain is wack, good thing her scenes are usually brief. I can take or leave Alfred.
  • Dupac
    Not really feeling this episode
    not sure why someone would hire the same assassin who is killing your own people. The writers probably thought they could pull a brother mouzone but in the end it made the mobsters look incompetent.
    Of course it could just be Fish Mooney sowing seeds for the war to really jump off
    Penguin gets a promotion for doing what?
    This come up he's on is so unrealistic

cuz he made it seem like in the midst of losing his own life his bosses money mattered more....

maroni now thinks this kid values maroni's interests over his own life....

i think i said the exact same thing 2 different ways
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Still nigga... Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Premiered here in the UK last night and I'm impressed..

Penguin's transformation was seamless and spot on

Jada looking right, vicious and sexy. I dunno where all the "over acting" allegations are coming from

Only TV series I was really (really) into was Mad Men. Finna go all the way with this, Lord willin

I'm in the UK and done watched the first 4 episodes...lol Bout to rewatch on 5 on demand

Same with Flash, dosent premiere here until the 28th...nor does Arrow....I cant wait that long.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Still nigga... Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Young Bruce dosent go to school
    Gordon discusses current cases with young Bruce...lol...yea right
    How long can the same actor play Bruce if we are supposed to see Batman by the end of the season?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Series* bruh
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Penguin making moves just by studying in the kitchen lmao
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    this show is truly impressive to me. the rise of penguin is pretty good. it's nice to see young bruce wayne already having that detective mindset
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman It All Started With A StarterCoat Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The comic book shows are representing well on TV.

Arrow, shield, flash, Gotham, I hope constantine keeps it up.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaxn wrote: »
    this show is truly impressive to me. the rise of penguin is pretty good. it's nice to see young bruce wayne already having that detective mindset

i like seeing this side of bruce because no one has really done that aspect of his genius any justice (in terms of the actual movies) but the heavy interaction with Gordon has me feeling eehhh....
  • Dupac
    lazypakman wrote: »
    jaxn wrote: »

i like seeing this side of bruce because no one has really done that aspect of his genius any justice (in terms of the actual movies) but the heavy interaction with Gordon has me feeling eehhh....
    it makes it seem like when bruce finally becomes batman, the 🤬 would be painfully obvious to gordon given all the time they spent together....

but i always felt gordon really knew...
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu Regis The EmpreyanMembers Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh you would've smacked up a teenage girl who just threatened to tell 🤬 in the middle of a precinct?

I've always envisioned Gotham City with that "Serpico" level type of corruption. Imagine Chicago during Prohibition. Politicians on the take, GPD acting as an extension of Faclone's crime family, with the few good cops like Gordon, Bullock, and Montoya severely marginalized.

Not only would a cop be able to smack up a teenage girl in the middle of Gotham City Police precinct, a 🤬 would be able to 🤬 her, then give her that "Loumia," treatment with no 🤬 given, and dare somebody to say somethign about it.

I know that shoot this show in New York, but wouldn't Detroit had been a better backdrop for Gotham? Again, I've always pictured Gotham City as being the "🤬 of cities," in the DC Universe, and being that Detroit is the 🤬 of America, it seems like it would have been a better location. Or would this been problematic because Batman vs Superman is being filmed there also?