What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Interesting: When people think of blacks, they think of men; of Asians, they think of women

2

Comments

  • D0wnD0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Makes sense
    Surprised I never noticed this before

    What are the implications of this though?
    How does this translate to real world effects, in the workplace or elsewhere?

    I think that given that blackness is associated with all kinds of bad things, it means that black men get the full brunt of racism, unlike black women.

    But Black women are not excluded from the racial group
    It would seem that the properties considered "Black" are just considered more masculine

    If anything it would seem that comment referring to Serena and Venus as dudes makes more sense how this affects them

    Maybe i'm off, but there are areas where Black women can be shown undoubtedly to experience similar discrimination
    They do more time than their White counterparts for the same crimes and face some of the same employment problems

    Smh. I'm not saying that black women aren't discriminated against/are treated equally to white people. Just that the racism/discrimination they face is not as bad as the racism/discrimination black men face.

    And that makes sense. After all, if people have negative attitudes to the black racial group, but when they think of blacks it's black men that they more often think of, that would suggest that black men get the full force of these negative attitudes, but that the same thing cannot be said of black women.

    And it's a fact that black women are more acceptable to the mainstream than black men.

    No 🤬 b, but u 🤬 fam.. Don Lemon jr ass 🤬 , need to come out n waves it.
    NNigga aLways tryna compete with black women...

    This 🤬 is disgusting...
  • A Talented OneA Talented One stew Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »
    .
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Makes sense
    Surprised I never noticed this before

    What are the implications of this though?
    How does this translate to real world effects, in the workplace or elsewhere?

    I think that given that blackness is associated with all kinds of bad things, it means that black men get the full brunt of racism, unlike black women.

    But Black women are not excluded from the racial group
    It would seem that the properties considered "Black" are just considered more masculine

    If anything it would seem that comment referring to Serena and Venus as dudes makes more sense how this affects them

    Maybe i'm off, but there are areas where Black women can be shown undoubtedly to experience similar discrimination
    They do more time than their White counterparts for the same crimes and face some of the same employment problems

    Smh. I'm not saying that black women aren't discriminated against/are treated equally to white people. Just that the racism/discrimination they face is not as bad as the racism/discrimination black men face.

    And that makes sense. After all, if people have negative attitudes to the black racial group, but when they think of blacks it's black men that they more often think of, that would suggest that black men get the full force of these negative attitudes, but that the same thing cannot be said of black women.

    And it's a fact that black women are more acceptable to the mainstream than black men.

    No 🤬 b, but u 🤬 fam.. Don Lemon jr ass 🤬 , need to come out n waves it.
    NNigga aLways tryna compete with black women...

    This 🤬 is disgusting...

    Ok, explain how that comment makes me 🤬 . I'd love to hear it.

    And explain how that comment makes me another Don Lemon.

    And while you're at it, explain how what I said is wrong.
  • desertrain10desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Makes sense
    Surprised I never noticed this before

    What are the implications of this though?
    How does this translate to real world effects, in the workplace or elsewhere?

    Poverty levels and 🤬 infection rates among blk women have been ignored for the most part thus the upward trends

    🤬 infection rates ignored? Nah, only thing they ever report when it comes to 🤬 is Black rates for both men and women.

    True

    By ignore I meant that blk women are ignored by many AIDs initiatives geared towards prevention and treatment ...blk men as well

  • geechee slimgeechee slim I bomb atomicly with socrates philosophies and hypothesis Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its funny. By studying our cultures and physical appearance directly, we INDIRECTLY learn more about the White Mindset.

    White supremacy/ privilege
    White guilt / white savior complex

    ^^^ Are all in that article.
  • geechee slimgeechee slim I bomb atomicly with socrates philosophies and hypothesis Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't give a dam about what crackers think AT ALL. I don't work for them, they don't cut my check, I don't talk to them, I don't listen to em and I barely look at them(even on tv).
    Damn. where you work at? I'm sick n tired too.

  • geechee slimgeechee slim I bomb atomicly with socrates philosophies and hypothesis Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TalentedOne... I see you gave me a nosign. I also see you've been flagged heavily for trolling.
    so my question to you is, are you black? And if so, do you identify with the black experience?
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Makes sense
    Surprised I never noticed this before

    What are the implications of this though?
    How does this translate to real world effects, in the workplace or elsewhere?

    Poverty levels and 🤬 infection rates among blk women have been ignored for the most part thus the upward trends

    🤬 infection rates ignored? Nah, only thing they ever report when it comes to 🤬 is Black rates for both men and women.

    True

    By ignore I meant that blk women are ignored by many AIDs initiatives geared towards prevention and treatment ...blk men as well

    On another note, if we take this report as correct and assume that Blackness is associated with males, that would support things black feminists say when they constantly make claims that the problems of black women are ignored in favor of black men. That makes sense, if black men are the face of Blackness, our problems would be what people most aggressively seek to address. However there is a side of this that the black feminists don't really consider. Blackness is not seen as a good thing almost anywhere, so being the face of Blackness is not a gift, it's a curse. Don't you think its possible that in addition to having some of their problems ignored, black women also are protected to some degree by all the attention black men get. Essentially we act as a shield to some extent because when people want to attack blackness, their first and primary target is black men not black women.

    I think statistics would show that. After all black men are killed by cops and put in prison at a much higher rate than black women. Black men are educated and hired for high level positions at a lower rate than black women. So while the pitfalls of blackness in America affect both groups, they are seemingly hurting black men a lot more. Hell, even public perception is slanted towards black women. Now that domestic abuse is the hot button issue, the narrative isn't "Black women are violent just like black men, so they all deserve each other." The narrative is "We have to save these innocent black women from the monstrous violent black men."

    Would you say this is a fair assessment? I'm not picking on you or attacking you. Just looking for your insight since you're one of the more vocal on these matters.
  • deadeyedeadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttMembers Posts: 22,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Makes sense
    Surprised I never noticed this before

    What are the implications of this though?
    How does this translate to real world effects, in the workplace or elsewhere?

    I think that given that blackness is associated with all kinds of bad things, it means that black men get the full brunt of racism, unlike black women.

    But Black women are not excluded from the racial group
    It would seem that the properties considered "Black" are just considered more masculine

    If anything it would seem that comment referring to Serena and Venus as dudes makes more sense how this affects them

    Maybe i'm off, but there are areas where Black women can be shown undoubtedly to experience similar discrimination
    They do more time than their White counterparts for the same crimes and face some of the same employment problems


    There's definitely something to that.


    In particular when references are mad to the "angry black woman" and comments about some tall black women resembling transvestites.


    I can definitely see how those two things can be associated with the perceived masculinity that's referred to in the study.
  • deadeyedeadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttMembers Posts: 22,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BEAM wrote: »
    You know, it's interesting how Blackness is so closely associated with masculinity, yet Black Women are fetishized as much if not more than Asian women..


    That can also be indirectly tied to @zombie‌'s assertion that "the white man is a natural 🤬 ."


    Not because they like black women, but because they see them as masculine.....yet are attracted to them at the same time.


    Basically being attracted to perceived masculinity.....even when those masculine traits are in a female.
  • deadeyedeadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttMembers Posts: 22,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Makes sense
    Surprised I never noticed this before

    What are the implications of this though?
    How does this translate to real world effects, in the workplace or elsewhere?

    I think that given that blackness is associated with all kinds of bad things, it means that black men get the full brunt of racism, unlike black women.

    But Black women are not excluded from the racial group
    It would seem that the properties considered "Black" are just considered more masculine

    If anything it would seem that comment referring to Serena and Venus as dudes makes more sense how this affects them

    Maybe i'm off, but there are areas where Black women can be shown undoubtedly to experience similar discrimination
    They do more time than their White counterparts for the same crimes and face some of the same employment problems

    Smh. I'm not saying that black women aren't discriminated against/are treated equally to white people. Just that the racism/discrimination they face is not as bad as the racism/discrimination black men face.

    And that makes sense. After all, if people have negative attitudes to the black racial group, but when they think of blacks it's black men that they more often think of, that would suggest that black men get the full force of these negative attitudes, but that the same thing cannot be said of black women.

    And it's a fact that black women are more acceptable to the mainstream than black men.



    Gt+1+hour+a+day+at+least+gt+average+250+_3d402eb6c781d9c88cd3419c33f6e390.png



    They definitely face harassment and discrimination when they're in the workplace, but they're more likely to be given the opportunity to enter the workplace because they're perceived to be less threatening than black men.



    Basically, even though they may not always be warmly embraced within the workplace....they've still got a better chance of getting their foot in the door to begin with.


    Hence the double quota/2 birds with one stone phenomenon that was often discussed back in the day.


    A woman is one minority group, a black person is another, so....if a company hires a black woman....they've covered 2 minority groups in one person and can leave the "threatening/angry black man" out altogether.
  • A Talented OneA Talented One stew Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Makes sense
    Surprised I never noticed this before

    What are the implications of this though?
    How does this translate to real world effects, in the workplace or elsewhere?

    Poverty levels and 🤬 infection rates among blk women have been ignored for the most part thus the upward trends

    🤬 infection rates ignored? Nah, only thing they ever report when it comes to 🤬 is Black rates for both men and women.

    True

    By ignore I meant that blk women are ignored by many AIDs initiatives geared towards prevention and treatment ...blk men as well

    On another note, if we take this report as correct and assume that Blackness is associated with males, that would support things black feminists say when they constantly make claims that the problems of black women are ignored in favor of black men. That makes sense, if black men are the face of Blackness, our problems would be what people most aggressively seek to address. However there is a side of this that the black feminists don't really consider. Blackness is not seen as a good thing almost anywhere, so being the face of Blackness is not a gift, it's a curse. Don't you think its possible that in addition to having some of their problems ignored, black women also are protected to some degree by all the attention black men get. Essentially we act as a shield to some extent because when people want to attack blackness, their first and primary target is black men not black women.

    I think statistics would show that. After all black men are killed by cops and put in prison at a much higher rate than black women. Black men are educated and hired for high level positions at a lower rate than black women. So while the pitfalls of blackness in America affect both groups, they are seemingly hurting black men a lot more. Hell, even public perception is slanted towards black women. Now that domestic abuse is the hot button issue, the narrative isn't "Black women are violent just like black men, so they all deserve each other." The narrative is "We have to save these innocent black women from the monstrous violent black men."

    Would you say this is a fair assessment? I'm not picking on you or attacking you. Just looking for your insight since you're one of the more vocal on these matters.

    So you're gonna steal my ideas without giving me credit, or even cosigning the post where I said much the same thing?
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt read but yeah that has to deal with the obvious stereotypes of the Criminalized view of the black male at large and the Asian fetish especially from whites. the most abundant stereotypes resonate more.
  • ShuffingtonShuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CracceR wrote: »
    You live in a Era where people define reality regardless if it's true or not based on the individual level. Hence, whites get mad being known as conquerors and slavers.

    conqueror doesnt even sound that bad tho

    [email protected] study saying asian men face invisibility on a cognitive level, imo strong individuals and especially actors like bruce lee, jackie chan jet li etc.. formed a good image of asian men for the masses

    Add Tony Jaa, Donnie Yen, Sonny Chiba, and Ken Watanabe too


    Add the Wu- Tang Clan to.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this explains a lot.

    When you really think about it certain descriptors and ideas are associated with certain genders.

    For instance being meek, humble and quiet are often associated with being female, they are also stereotypes white folks apply to Asians. Look at why whites say 🤬 like Asians are smart but don't make good CEOs.

    Being strong, opinionated, and independent are associated with maleness. Now look at any black woman, especially an athlete, and don't see if she isn't called a transexual by whites (and ignorant 🤬 ).

    When you let stereotypes dictate how you see people you bound to have stuff like this occur.
  • desertrain10desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Makes sense
    Surprised I never noticed this before

    What are the implications of this though?
    How does this translate to real world effects, in the workplace or elsewhere?

    Poverty levels and 🤬 infection rates among blk women have been ignored for the most part thus the upward trends

    🤬 infection rates ignored? Nah, only thing they ever report when it comes to 🤬 is Black rates for both men and women.

    True

    By ignore I meant that blk women are ignored by many AIDs initiatives geared towards prevention and treatment ...blk men as well

    On another note, if we take this report as correct and assume that Blackness is associated with males, that would support things black feminists say when they constantly make claims that the problems of black women are ignored in favor of black men. That makes sense, if black men are the face of Blackness, our problems would be what people most aggressively seek to address. However there is a side of this that the black feminists don't really consider. Blackness is not seen as a good thing almost anywhere, so being the face of Blackness is not a gift, it's a curse. Don't you think its possible that in addition to having some of their problems ignored, black women also are protected to some degree by all the attention black men get. Essentially we act as a shield to some extent because when people want to attack blackness, their first and primary target is black men not black women.

    I think statistics would show that. After all black men are killed by cops and put in prison at a much higher rate than black women. Black men are educated and hired for high level positions at a lower rate than black women. So while the pitfalls of blackness in America affect both groups, they are seemingly hurting black men a lot more. Hell, even public perception is slanted towards black women. Now that domestic abuse is the hot button issue, the narrative isn't "Black women are violent just like black men, so they all deserve each other." The narrative is "We have to save these innocent black women from the monstrous violent black men."

    Would you say this is a fair assessment? I'm not picking on you or attacking you. Just looking for your insight since you're one of the more vocal on these matters.

    EDIT:

    First I wanna say this is not a contest

    Blk men face their own unique challenges but so do blk women

    With that said while blackness may be much more associated with masculinity, it's not because black women are any more embraced/accepted by white america than blk men ... nor does that make it so blk are somehow shielded from racism as you suggested

    Blackness is much more associated with masculinity rather because blk people are viewed as “masculine,” regardless of whether the subject is male or female, studies can back me up on that

    I think this partly stems from the fact since the days of slavery blk women have been forced to perform the same task as their male counterparts from plowing the fields to being the primary breadwinner of her household...tasks foreign to upper, middle white women

    Thus blk women must not only overcome the presumptions about their race, they are generally seen as more threatening, more masculine and less in need of help than non blk women...which, for example, is reflective of the incarceration rates for blk women compare that of non blk women

    And this also reminds of a recent study that suggested that gender was one of the determination factors in the relative ease of social integration for men of color. Partly blk girls failed to embody characteristics of femininity” that would have valorized them in the school hierarchy.

    http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2013/10/black-boys-have-an-easier-time-fitting-in-at-suburban-schools-than-black-girls/280657/

    Obviously this does not serves any good because again the unique needs, challenges of blk women are than ignored

    And as a double minority we are than left vulnerable to discrimination that does not always fit neatly within the categories of either “racism” or “sexism”

    That is in large part why blk women are concentrated at the bottom of the economic totem pole

    The Ray Rice incident and the outcry that followed is an out-liner

    Until recently, the public, criminal justice agencies, and the courts have ignored the plight of battered women. Battered women are not believed either because society has historically been in denial about domestic violence, or because abused women who do not leave their partners are thought to be lying about the seriousness of the abuse they suffered. Blk women face similar hurdles, but additionally they must overcome the presumption that their race predisposes them to engage in violence thus making it harder for a blk female domestic violence victim to receive proper treatment and resources to leave their abuser

  • leftcoastkevleftcoastkev Nothing left to prove Bay Area, CAMembers Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »

    When you let stereotypes dictate how you see people you bound to have stuff like this occur.

    It's how the world works. Words and imagery are powerful. If you keep pushing a message it takes root..

    Trashboat wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Makes sense
    Surprised I never noticed this before

    What are the implications of this though?
    How does this translate to real world effects, in the workplace or elsewhere?

    I think that given that blackness is associated with all kinds of bad things, it means that black men get the full brunt of racism, unlike black women.

    But Black women are not excluded from the racial group
    It would seem that the properties considered "Black" are just considered more masculine

    If anything it would seem that comment referring to Serena and Venus as dudes makes more sense how this affects them

    Maybe i'm off, but there are areas where Black women can be shown undoubtedly to experience similar discrimination
    They do more time than their White counterparts for the same crimes and face some of the same employment problems

    Smh. I'm not saying that black women aren't discriminated against/are treated equally to white people. Just that the racism/discrimination they face is not as bad as the racism/discrimination black men face.

    And that makes sense. After all, if people have negative attitudes to the black racial group, but when they think of blacks it's black men that they more often think of, that would suggest that black men get the full force of these negative attitudes, but that the same thing cannot be said of black women.

    And it's a fact that black women are more acceptable to the mainstream than black men.

    Different degrees and levels....

    On the most basic level:
    Black men are promoted as aggressive male sex objects and asian women are promoted as submissive female sex objects.

    Black men are a mental threat to the non-black woman. Asian women are a minor but real threat to the white woman in taking white men from them.

    We are wired to procreate and will naturally justify our "manipulated" instincts. So common thought is black, black man....asian, asian woman.


    To jump down this rabbit hole deeper:
    Lighter skin black females that physically are more away from traditional black features are more accepted by the mainstream. They are promoted by the media as feminine so they are accepted by the masses, on the beauty level. A by product of their "fuckability" in the eyes of men is promotion of and lack of hostility toward them navigating some levels of the corporate landscape. Darker skin black American females with traditional black features are not. A dark skinned african woman will be promoted by the media in the realm of beauty before a black American woman. There is far less level of tolerance and understanding for the darker skinned black woman outside the beauty realm (ie, suspicion of guilt). Condelessa Rice is a modern day anomaly but Michelle Obama gets vilified to a degree but forcibly accepted by proxy of social status.

    Black males are promoted either way. Black male strength is something that there is no way the media can deny so they are forced to promote it. We were bred for it in America via slavery. On the other hand, black male strength can be vilified and made scary....especially if circumstances are created to keep blacks unequal...our rebellion against injustice is painted as aggression against justice, by the media. Let alone the white woman 🤬 paint brush. So for us no matter if we are dark or light, at least we have a sword in the fight (strength, aggression) even if it is a double edged sword.

    Whatever I could go on and on but as far as us the best position I think we could ever get to is to be finically sufficient to the point where we don't give a 🤬 about euro anything. Not their media. Not how were perceived by it. Not their financial system and where we are in it. 🤬 the whole process physically, mentally, and metaphorically. 🤬 invest too much attention and energy in white people and mentally concede them too much power off top. Naturally assuming submissive mental roles whenever race relationship issues are brought up that haven't even mentioned them. The current system is the black matrix. 🤬 the world as is in a "perfect one" for us we would hit a mental reset on our minds and erase earth, start over.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you're gonna steal my ideas without giving me credit, or even cosigning the post where I said much the same thing?

    I didn't even see your post. Desert responded to something I said and I just posed that question it. It ain't like I said anything novel or claimed I did. 🤬 been saying that 🤬 forever.

    EDIT:

    First I wanna say this is not a contest

    Blk men face their own unique challenges but so do blk women

    With that said while blackness may be much more associated with masculinity, it's not because black women are any more embraced/accepted by white america than blk men ... nor does that make it so blk are somehow shielded from racism as you suggested

    Blackness is much more associated with masculinity rather because blk people are viewed as “masculine,” regardless of whether the subject is male or female, studies can back me up on that

    I think this partly stems from the fact since the days of slavery blk women have been forced to perform the same task as their male counterparts from plowing the fields to being the primary breadwinner of her household...tasks foreign to upper, middle white women

    Thus blk women must not only overcome the presumptions about their race, they are generally seen as more threatening, more masculine and less in need of help than non blk women...which, for example, is reflective of the incarceration rates for blk women compare that of non blk women

    And this also reminds of a recent study that suggested that gender was one of the determination factors in the relative ease of social integration for men of color. Partly blk girls failed to embody characteristics of femininity” that would have valorized them in the school hierarchy.

    http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2013/10/black-boys-have-an-easier-time-fitting-in-at-suburban-schools-than-black-girls/280657/

    Obviously this does not serves any good because again the unique needs, challenges of blk women are than ignored

    And as a double minority we are than left vulnerable to discrimination that does not always fit neatly within the categories of either “racism” or “sexism”

    That is in large part why blk women are concentrated at the bottom of the economic totem pole

    The Ray Rice incident and the outcry that followed is an out-liner

    Until recently, the public, criminal justice agencies, and the courts have ignored the plight of battered women. Battered women are not believed either because society has historically been in denial about domestic violence, or because abused women who do not leave their partners are thought to be lying about the seriousness of the abuse they suffered. Blk women face similar hurdles, but additionally they must overcome the presumption that their race predisposes them to engage in violence thus making it harder for a blk female domestic violence victim to receive proper treatment and resources to leave their abuser

    Well, first, I'll say I don't believe it's a contest, but sometimes it seems like feminists view it that way. We had a topic about that a while ago, where a feminist basically said she didn't care about what happened to Black men because she was too busy caring about black women as if you couldn't do both. Granted she may have been on the extreme side, but I'm betting she wasn't alone in that viewpoint. Even on here, the feminist responses take that tone sometimes.

    I won't disagree with most of what you said. You have some good points. I do disagree when you say that black men don't shield black women to some degree. It would be inaccurate to say that America accepts black women, but I do believe society has a "at least they aren't black men" way of looking at black women sometimes. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but it can certainly work to the benefit of black women.
  • desertrain10desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you're gonna steal my ideas without giving me credit, or even cosigning the post where I said much the same thing?

    I didn't even see your post. Desert responded to something I said and I just posed that question it. It ain't like I said anything novel or claimed I did. 🤬 been saying that 🤬 forever.

    EDIT:

    First I wanna say this is not a contest

    Blk men face their own unique challenges but so do blk women

    With that said while blackness may be much more associated with masculinity, it's not because black women are any more embraced/accepted by white america than blk men ... nor does that make it so blk are somehow shielded from racism as you suggested

    Blackness is much more associated with masculinity rather because blk people are viewed as “masculine,” regardless of whether the subject is male or female, studies can back me up on that

    I think this partly stems from the fact since the days of slavery blk women have been forced to perform the same task as their male counterparts from plowing the fields to being the primary breadwinner of her household...tasks foreign to upper, middle white women

    Thus blk women must not only overcome the presumptions about their race, they are generally seen as more threatening, more masculine and less in need of help than non blk women...which, for example, is reflective of the incarceration rates for blk women compare that of non blk women

    And this also reminds of a recent study that suggested that gender was one of the determination factors in the relative ease of social integration for men of color. Partly blk girls failed to embody characteristics of femininity” that would have valorized them in the school hierarchy.

    http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2013/10/black-boys-have-an-easier-time-fitting-in-at-suburban-schools-than-black-girls/280657/

    Obviously this does not serves any good because again the unique needs, challenges of blk women are than ignored

    And as a double minority we are than left vulnerable to discrimination that does not always fit neatly within the categories of either “racism” or “sexism”

    That is in large part why blk women are concentrated at the bottom of the economic totem pole

    The Ray Rice incident and the outcry that followed is an out-liner

    Until recently, the public, criminal justice agencies, and the courts have ignored the plight of battered women. Battered women are not believed either because society has historically been in denial about domestic violence, or because abused women who do not leave their partners are thought to be lying about the seriousness of the abuse they suffered. Blk women face similar hurdles, but additionally they must overcome the presumption that their race predisposes them to engage in violence thus making it harder for a blk female domestic violence victim to receive proper treatment and resources to leave their abuser

    Well, first, I'll say I don't believe it's a contest, but sometimes it seems like feminists view it that way. We had a topic about that a while ago, where a feminist basically said she didn't care about what happened to Black men because she was too busy caring about black women as if you couldn't do both. Granted she may have been on the extreme side, but I'm betting she wasn't alone in that viewpoint. Even on here, the feminist responses take that tone sometimes.

    I won't disagree with most of what you said. You have some good points. I do disagree when you say that black men don't shield black women to some degree. It would be inaccurate to say that America accepts black women, but I do believe society has a "at least they aren't black men" way of looking at black women sometimes. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but it can certainly work to the benefit of black women.

    From what I experienced when I or another blk woman speak of the unique challenges blk women face or how we may feel the plight of blk women is largely ignored blk men either get super defensive, come off as being unsympathetic and/or tend to shift the conversation back to their own plight... It's not a justification but it may explain a lot of the resentment, tone you speak of from blk feminists

    I know for me it's very frustrating

    Sure considering my gender I may be considered less of a threat than my brother to some ..but at the same time I may be perceived as more vulnerable to attack













  • PILL_COSBYPILL_COSBY GRAB HER BY THE PUDDING! ZIP ZOP ZOOBITY BOP DAAAAW!!!Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FourEfil wrote: »
    This is ETHER - I - AM-ish
    Fixed it.

  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    This happened a month or so ago this recent situation supplements deserts post press conference talking about the remarks and action that the Wta took in response
  • 1of11of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't give a dam about what crackers think AT ALL. I don't work for them, they don't cut my check, I don't talk to them, I don't listen to em and I barely look at them(even on tv).
    jono wrote: »

    When you let stereotypes dictate how you see people you bound to have stuff like this occur.

    It's how the world works. Words and imagery are powerful. If you keep pushing a message it takes root..

    Trashboat wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Makes sense
    Surprised I never noticed this before

    What are the implications of this though?
    How does this translate to real world effects, in the workplace or elsewhere?

    I think that given that blackness is associated with all kinds of bad things, it means that black men get the full brunt of racism, unlike black women.

    But Black women are not excluded from the racial group
    It would seem that the properties considered "Black" are just considered more masculine

    If anything it would seem that comment referring to Serena and Venus as dudes makes more sense how this affects them

    Maybe i'm off, but there are areas where Black women can be shown undoubtedly to experience similar discrimination
    They do more time than their White counterparts for the same crimes and face some of the same employment problems

    Smh. I'm not saying that black women aren't discriminated against/are treated equally to white people. Just that the racism/discrimination they face is not as bad as the racism/discrimination black men face.

    And that makes sense. After all, if people have negative attitudes to the black racial group, but when they think of blacks it's black men that they more often think of, that would suggest that black men get the full force of these negative attitudes, but that the same thing cannot be said of black women.

    And it's a fact that black women are more acceptable to the mainstream than black men.


    Whatever I could go on and on but as far as us the best position I think we could ever get to is to be finically sufficient to the point where we don't give a 🤬 about euro anything. Not their media. Not how were perceived by it. Not their financial system and where we are in it. 🤬 the whole process physically, mentally, and metaphorically. 🤬 invest too much attention and energy in white people and mentally concede them too much power off top. Naturally assuming submissive mental roles whenever race relationship issues are brought up that haven't even mentioned them. The current system is the black matrix. 🤬 the world as is in a "perfect one" for us we would hit a mental reset on our minds and erase earth, start over.

    2397693_o3.gif
    Numbaz and Kev droppin bombs


    Peace to @desertrain10. Respect.
  • ohhhlaohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Negroid women have the most testosterone out of all the women. Let's be real we want feminine women. I mean look at the hideous Serena Williams. That 🤬 looks like she can squash roaches with her barefeet.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you're gonna steal my ideas without giving me credit, or even cosigning the post where I said much the same thing?

    I didn't even see your post. Desert responded to something I said and I just posed that question it. It ain't like I said anything novel or claimed I did. 🤬 been saying that 🤬 forever.

    EDIT:

    First I wanna say this is not a contest

    Blk men face their own unique challenges but so do blk women

    With that said while blackness may be much more associated with masculinity, it's not because black women are any more embraced/accepted by white america than blk men ... nor does that make it so blk are somehow shielded from racism as you suggested

    Blackness is much more associated with masculinity rather because blk people are viewed as “masculine,” regardless of whether the subject is male or female, studies can back me up on that

    I think this partly stems from the fact since the days of slavery blk women have been forced to perform the same task as their male counterparts from plowing the fields to being the primary breadwinner of her household...tasks foreign to upper, middle white women

    Thus blk women must not only overcome the presumptions about their race, they are generally seen as more threatening, more masculine and less in need of help than non blk women...which, for example, is reflective of the incarceration rates for blk women compare that of non blk women

    And this also reminds of a recent study that suggested that gender was one of the determination factors in the relative ease of social integration for men of color. Partly blk girls failed to embody characteristics of femininity” that would have valorized them in the school hierarchy.

    http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2013/10/black-boys-have-an-easier-time-fitting-in-at-suburban-schools-than-black-girls/280657/

    Obviously this does not serves any good because again the unique needs, challenges of blk women are than ignored

    And as a double minority we are than left vulnerable to discrimination that does not always fit neatly within the categories of either “racism” or “sexism”

    That is in large part why blk women are concentrated at the bottom of the economic totem pole

    The Ray Rice incident and the outcry that followed is an out-liner

    Until recently, the public, criminal justice agencies, and the courts have ignored the plight of battered women. Battered women are not believed either because society has historically been in denial about domestic violence, or because abused women who do not leave their partners are thought to be lying about the seriousness of the abuse they suffered. Blk women face similar hurdles, but additionally they must overcome the presumption that their race predisposes them to engage in violence thus making it harder for a blk female domestic violence victim to receive proper treatment and resources to leave their abuser

    Well, first, I'll say I don't believe it's a contest, but sometimes it seems like feminists view it that way. We had a topic about that a while ago, where a feminist basically said she didn't care about what happened to Black men because she was too busy caring about black women as if you couldn't do both. Granted she may have been on the extreme side, but I'm betting she wasn't alone in that viewpoint. Even on here, the feminist responses take that tone sometimes.

    I won't disagree with most of what you said. You have some good points. I do disagree when you say that black men don't shield black women to some degree. It would be inaccurate to say that America accepts black women, but I do believe society has a "at least they aren't black men" way of looking at black women sometimes. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but it can certainly work to the benefit of black women.

    From what I experienced when I or another blk woman speak of the unique challenges blk women face or how we may feel the plight of blk women is largely ignored blk men either get super defensive, come off as being unsympathetic and/or tend to shift the conversation back to their own plight... It's not a justification but it may explain a lot of the resentment, tone you speak of from blk feminists

    I know for me it's very frustrating

    Sure considering my gender I may be considered less of a threat than my brother to some ..but at the same time I may be perceived as more vulnerable to attack













    I get that. I guess it's really just miscommunication on both sides of the equation.
  • Will MunnyWill Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a nice exotic 🤬 suck from a sexy asian girl.
Sign In or Register to comment.