What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official Pokemon X and Y Thread

1111213141517»

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    I'm tryna balance it 🤬 . I want to use some of my favorites and still use good pokes .
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Bruh. TexasMembers Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll get on my 🤬 when I get the destiny knot and ever stone.
    that OR/AS ou is the truth, but I'll definitely be playing into the lower tiers more often.

---
    destiny knot is given randomly from winning the highest level of competitions apparently.
  • Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    Is anybody up for a battle/trade ? Either in this version or X & Y ?

My FC is 3308 - 5314 - 3273

The name says "Tasha" but the in-game name is Sion LOLOL. It'll say "pokemon IC" so just hit me up whenever you looking for some games.

that OR/AS ou is the truth, but I'll definitely be playing into the lower tiers more often.

---
    destiny knot is given randomly from winning the highest level of competitions apparently.

Can't we just transfer items from X/Y to OR/AS tho ??
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Sion wrote: »

The name says "Tasha" but the in-game name is Sion LOLOL. It'll say "pokemon IC" so just hit me up whenever you looking for some games.

---

nah...

• Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator

---

nah...

🤬 SMMFH
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    You can trade items
  • StoneColdMikey
    Ev training my first poke which is my fav.. Charizard! @sion are you free around 5pm central time?
  • Sion
    Ev training my first poke which is my fav.. Charizard! @sion are you free around 5pm central time?

I get off work around that time, is it cool if we do it a later in the day ? I'm free virtually anytime after 5PM. How bout we battle Thursday evening 7PM ??
  • StoneColdMikey
    That's fine
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Thread bump.
    still haven't beaten it, smh.
    Been lazy AF lately.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Best thing about bank is im able to keep all my Pokemon and do fun play throughs. Gonna start a pikachu playthrough.
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    Best thing about bank is im able to keep all my Pokemon and do fun play throughs. Gonna start a pikachu playthrough.

so true and it makes the games much better while knowing that you can start a new game and bring newly fresh hatch pokemon you want to use on your team and making them easy to gain experience

right now i just got the sixth badge and this is my main team

Sceptile lv40
    Blazkiken lv 47
    Blastoise lv50
    white Metagross lv46
    Latios lv 39
    Cosplay Pikachu Lv 44

My 3 alternate members i use as substitutes for Pikachu,Blaziken, and Blastoise respectively
    Drapion lv 48(wanted to use him in Platinum but i stop playing)
    Infernape Lv 38
    Azumarill Lv 35(this thing kicked my ass so many times during online matches and I want to capitalized on its Hugh Power ability)
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Waiting for Greninja to catch that Smogon OU ban with a Zen-like patience bruh.
    Gunk Shot greninja can eat a sack of baby 🤬 B.
  • Sion

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
  • Sion

@StoneColdMikey‌

Yo my bad fam, I must have lost track, my sincerest apologies :( . I'm up for a match whenever just let me know.

I can run X/Y or ORAS, you'll be humiliated if we play X/Y.

• Co_Town_Michael
    edited January 2015

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

-It has a stupid high base speed stat.
    -It gots gunk shot and even got 🤬 low kick, so blissey no longer walls it effectively.
    low kick to blissey is a 3 hit KO which is a nice wall in theory but it still over centralizes the game to where you'd have to run blissey on every team.
    -The only other viable check atm is Empoleon and it still takes a bit from low kick and will take a bit from the unexpected HP fire from an 🤬 running a X/Y greninja set.
    -You literally have to sack something to even get the chance to revenge 🤬 it.
    -Lastly it is over centralizing the metagame entirely.
    Literally every team is running life orb greninja, with the mixed (low kick, ice beam, gunk shot, *coverage move*) set.
    -Didn't even mention how fairies can no longer check due to gunk shot but that's a thing too.

It's catching the banhammer for sure. (Probably unanimously by Smogon voters)
    R.I.P Greninja in OU (2013 - 2015) and good riddance
  • Sion
    edited January 2015

-It gots gunk shot and even got 🤬 low kick, so blissey no longer walls it effectively.
    low kick to blissey is a 3 hit KO which is a nice wall in theory but it still over centralizes the game to where you'd have to run blissey on every team.
    -The only other viable check atm is Empoleon and it still takes a bit from low kick and will take a bit from the unexpected HP fire from an 🤬 running a X/Y greninja set.
    Literally every team is running life orb greninja, with the mixed (low kick, ice beam, gunk shot, *coverage move*) set.
    -Didn't even mention how fairies can no longer check due to gunk shot but that's a thing too.

I feel that they shouldn't ban it tho, Aegislash was the wackest ban in the meta game. I NEVER had a problem with Aegislash. Greninja on the other hand I doubt it. It's not strong enough to compete in ubers reliably. I think that certain sets should be banned but not entire pkmn. There are tons of checks or ways to stop it - Umbreon, Charizard Y (or X), Scarfed Garchomp/Salamence/Latios, Talonflame, Mega Ampharos, Mega Tyranitar, Jolteon, Tentacruel, Bisharp, Scizor, etc. It's a very good pkmn but I think a ban is too harsh.

Plus Gunk Shot has shotty accuracy, it's not much diff't than the Hydro Pump sets.
  • Sion
    The day Greninja can learn fairy moves is the day I think he gonna get banned LOLOL
  • Co_Town_Michael
    edited January 2015

I feel that they shouldn't ban it tho, Aegislash was the wackest ban in the meta game. I NEVER had a problem with Aegislash. Greninja on the other hand I doubt it. It's not strong enough to compete in ubers reliably. I think that certain sets should be banned but not entire pkmn. There are tons of checks or ways to stop it - Umbreon, Charizard Y (or X), Scarfed Garchomp/Salamence/Latios, Talonflame, Mega Ampharos, Mega Tyranitar, Jolteon, Tentacruel, Bisharp, Scizor, etc. It's a very good pkmn but I think a ban is too harsh.

Plus Gunk Shot has shotty accuracy, it's not much diff't than the Hydro Pump sets.

We'll know in about a week or so, whenever the voting begins.
    testing ended right before midnight.

The problem with the "checks" for a greninja is the STAB bonus stacked with life orb pretty much OHKO's 95% of the things it hits super-effectively.
    I didn't even mention Tentacruel because it's just not a viable OU pokemon without permanent rain anymore.
    If it gets to the point where you gotta run a UU or lower tier poke on OU teams just to have a counter for something, it's affecting the game too much.
    Literally the only decent Greninja checks if we're keeping count are Blissey, Empoleon, Tentacruel, priority users w/ stab.

And if we're keeping count of what Greninja completely bodies
    -Dragon types can catch an ice beam; not even SpD [email protected] are living it.
    -Dark types can catch a U-Turn on a mixed set Greninja.
    -Tyranitar can catch a low kick
    -Assault vest Azumarill, or SpD Clefable can catch a gunk shot (it's a 2HKO on Clefable for 🤬 sake)
    -Rotom-W can catch a grass knot
    -M-Venusaur can catch an extrasensory
    -Scizor can catch an HP fire (Greninja loses nothing running HP fire except being outsped by other Greninja's without HP fire)
    -Jolteon's frail ass ain't living anything with life orb and stab bonus factored in.
    -Scarf Chomp can probably do something, but no one would switch it in without it being completely obvious.
    -Bisharp is a check in a sense. It will get destroyed by HP fire pretty much anything Greninja does but if you switch it in on a free switch, the greninja would obviously switch out expecting a sucker punch. You could use that chance to set up a free swords dance.
    But that is honestly, just too situational and too obvious to be viable.

As far as Aegislash goes..
    The ban was understandable though imo.
    It has stupid good typing, stupid good base stats, kings shield, the ability to run physical, special and mixed sets.
    It ran sets so good that you had to sack something just to see what you were dealing with sometimes.
    Aegislash wasn't a huge problem for me and should probably be reconsidered for OR/AS OU since it's doing next to nothing in Ubers
  • Sion

We'll know in about a week or so, whenever the voting begins.
    testing ended right before midnight.

The problem with the "checks" for a greninja is the STAB bonus stacked with life orb pretty much OHKO's 95% of the things it hits super-effectively.
    I didn't even mention Tentacruel because it's just not a viable OU pokemon without permanent rain anymore.
    If it gets to the point where you gotta run a UU or lower tier poke on OU teams just to have a counter for something, it's affecting the game too much.
    Literally the only decent Greninja checks if we're keeping count are Blissey, Empoleon, Tentacruel, priority users w/ stab.

And if we're keeping count of what Greninja completely bodies
    -Dragon types can catch an ice beam; not even SpD [email protected] are living it.
    -Dark types can catch a U-Turn on a mixed set Greninja.
    -Tyranitar can catch a low kick
    -Assault vest Azumarill, or SpD Clefable can catch a gunk shot (it's a 2HKO on Clefable for 🤬 sake)
    -Rotom-W can catch a grass knot
    -M-Venusaur can catch an extrasensory
    -Scizor can catch an HP fire (Greninja loses nothing running HP fire except being outsped by other Greninja's without HP fire)
    -Jolteon's frail ass ain't living anything with life orb and stab bonus factored in.
    -Scarf Chomp can probably do something, but no one would switch it in without it being completely obvious.
    -Bisharp is a check in a sense. It will get destroyed by HP fire pretty much anything Greninja does but if you switch it in on a free switch, the greninja would obviously switch out expecting a sucker punch. You could use that chance to set up a free swords dance.
    But that is honestly, just too situational and too obvious to be viable.

As far as Aegislash goes..
    The ban was understandable though imo.
    It has stupid good typing, stupid good base stats, kings shield, the ability to run physical, special and mixed sets.
    It ran sets so good that you had to sack something just to see what you were dealing with sometimes.
    Aegislash wasn't a huge problem for me and should probably be reconsidered for OR/AS OU since it's doing next to nothing in Ubers

While I agree that Greninja with Gunk Shot and Low Kick does limit team building choices I still don't feel that Greninja would be a viable pokemon in Ubers, I feel that he'd see limited use and do nothing just like Aegislash did. I think that certain movesets should be considered ubers or banned but not the entire pokemon as a whole. Some of say, Salamence's sets are considered uber and not allowed in OU but we can still use him. That's my 2 cents, honestly I like Greninja and don't want to see it get the ban hammer. This reminds me of when Talonflame was a problem and ppl wanted to ban it. Even to this day it's still a fearsome pokemon.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    edited January 2015
    @Sion‌

As a result of the latest OU suspect test vote, Greninja has been voted to Ubers by a supermajority vote. You can view the full results here: http://spo.ink/ac7
    We would like to stress that we never have nor ever will claim these are Nintendo-official rules; they are Smogon-official rules that are ONLY enforced in OUR environments. We feel there are many ways to enjoy Pokemon, whether singles, doubles, online, or wifi, and we don't feel any one method or metagame is "better" than another (though we obviously emphasize certain ones). It's also extremely important to note that YOU have the DIRECT ability to influence these changes; simply play on the suspect ladders, qualify, and vote. The algorithm that determines qualification credentials emphasizes BOTH experience and quality of play, so you don't need to be a "Smogon elite" with a 90% win percentage to qualify (if you have a lower win %, you just need to play more games).

Smogon facebook post confirming Greninja to Ubers.
    Was a good run Greninja.

Probably the most lop-sided vote I ever seen lol.
  • Sion
    @Sion‌

As a result of the latest OU suspect test vote, Greninja has been voted to Ubers by a supermajority vote. You can view the full results here: http://spo.ink/ac7
    We would like to stress that we never have nor ever will claim these are Nintendo-official rules; they are Smogon-official rules that are ONLY enforced in OUR environments. We feel there are many ways to enjoy Pokemon, whether singles, doubles, online, or wifi, and we don't feel any one method or metagame is "better" than another (though we obviously emphasize certain ones). It's also extremely important to note that YOU have the DIRECT ability to influence these changes; simply play on the suspect ladders, qualify, and vote. The algorithm that determines qualification credentials emphasizes BOTH experience and quality of play, so you don't need to be a "Smogon elite" with a 90% win percentage to qualify (if you have a lower win %, you just need to play more games).

Smogon facebook post confirming Greninja to Ubers.
    Was a good run Greninja.

Probably the most lop-sided vote I ever seen lol.

OH 🤬 OH 🤬 NOOOO WTF :(

• Sion
    Welp I guess you win fam, dayum Greninja was a key pkmn in my old X/Y team. Still feel that certain sets should have been banned tho :( oh well. I aint mad I'm gonna make a new team.