What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

I went to church recently and I honestly TRIED to believe.

2456

Comments

  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    junegemini wrote: »
    lol as Lu said, yea, that's something you have to want. when you're ready to turn your life over to 🤬 , he'll be waiting

    hopefully it wont be too late

    we shall see.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    dusouljah wrote: »
    expand..we just fnished the book of revalations in bible collge...
    what chapters and what exactly are u speaking of...

    (i missed a few weeks of class, but a lot of it is still kinda fresh in my head)

    As far as how the church will and already is in contempt of misleading people. As it says in Revelations the church will undoubtedly back The False Prophet and The AntiChrist. Im sure you are very aware that you only have to look a few rows in front of you at any church and find a Stone Cold DEMON up in there. And its not that the Church is ignorant to these facts they just ignore it completely. I can count on one hand how many times Ive heard a Preacher speak on Revelations in detail.
  • junegemini
    junegemini With ya daddyMembers Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    for those who read the bible, what's your favorite scripture or book of the bible or which do you live by the most?
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    junegemini wrote: »
    for those who read the bible, what's your favorite scripture or book of the bible or which do you live by the most?

    when i used to read it i liked Psalms. thats the one with the short parables right?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    either you do believe or you don't...you can't force yourself too
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    junegemini wrote: »
    for those who read the bible, what's your favorite scripture or book of the bible or which do you live by the most?

    Revelations without a Doubt and Daniel after that. Then Proverbs.

    I chose Revelations as my first because it details the times we are livein in today. And just as in the time of Noah nobody believed the calamity was abt to approach just as is the case now. Im Anti World Government, Anti - Anti christ, Anti False Prophet and anything that is not of the Kingdom of 🤬 . I've made a choice in my heart and I plan on fighting @ the battle of Armageddon along side of Jesus Christ!
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    As far as how the church will and already is in contempt of misleading people. As it says in Revelations the church will undoubtedly back The False Prophet and The AntiChrist. Im sure you are very aware that you only have to look a few rows in front of you at any church and find a Stone Cold DEMON up in there. And its not that the Church is ignorant to these facts they just ignore it completely. I can count on one hand how many times Ive heard a Preacher speak on Revelations in detail.


    i think the way so many of the modern day preachers are and the way many of the modern church's are, as well as established churches that have endured decades of gossip, unchecked sinful lifestyles, and corruption are a part of fulfilling this prophecy.
  • junegemini
    junegemini With ya daddyMembers Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    when i used to read it i liked Psalms. thats the one with the short parables right?

    lol yea

    i usually read Psalms or Proverbs. i think one of my favorite passages is Proverbs 3:5-6
  • Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    As far as how the church will and already is in contempt of misleading people. As it says in Revelations the church will undoubtedly back The False Prophet and The AntiChrist. Im sure you are very aware that you only have to look a few rows in front of you at any church and find a Stone Cold DEMON up in there. And its not that the Church is ignorant to these facts they just ignore it completely. I can count on one hand how many times Ive heard a Preacher speak on Revelations in detail.
    I hear what your saying,and forgive me for not quoting the exact chapter..i wanna say 12 &13 speaking of the beasts, but again....the way i remember reading it was the ones who were eager to follow the beast were those who flat out denounced 🤬 in the first place...

    those who consistantly wanted to see their own miracles....so when they saw the power of the beast, and how he healed himself from a supposed death 🤬 people began their own churches worshiping the beast, and the precious beast before him.....

    the beast was curing sickness and what not, and those who already denounced 🤬 felt as those this beast who was demonstrating his power on earth was who they should worship.....

    the ones who denouced the beast were the ones whose names were already written in the book of life, and were safe from the beasts power...

    again..i don't have any notes from me, so i can't verify this 100%...

    but IMO it seems as if you're accusing the church of today for worshiping the beast...when that would only be true if the church was representing worldly things that can be explained as the beast...

    the thing is there's a lot of things in the world that anyone can point out and say they represent the beast...

    man's value of money,
    man's amazemnt in his own creations....
    i mean it's very easy to see thta many ppl are pulling away from the church and putting thier confidence in things of the world that they feel is more tangibale and real...

    so to claim that those in the church are following the beast is inccorect IMO...unless you have a church where people are worshingping their leader instead of 🤬 himself
  • junegemini
    junegemini With ya daddyMembers Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Revelations without a Doubt and Daniel after that. Then Proverbs.

    I chose Revelations as my first because it details the times we are livein in today. And just as in the time of Noah nobody believed the calamity was abt to approach just as is the case now. Im Anti World Government, Anti - Anti christ, Anti False Prophet and anything that is not of the Kingdom of 🤬 . I've made a choice in my heart and I plan on fighting @ the battle of Armageddon along side of Jesus Christ!

    i may have read a piece of Revelations one time, and thats about it. I think many people dont read it cuz it scares them. But you seem to take a lot of interest in it and have made some interesting points, so I'm going to give it a second look
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Last service I went to they did that speaking in tongues garbage and it just seems like they repeat the same syllables, trying to sound Hebrew when the only word they know is Elohim.

    What really turned me off was when the preacher started trashing Muslims and talking like the Israelis have never done wrong.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Yeah Proverbs is my fav from the OT, in the NT i don't know. Any of version of the gospel since it is essentially the foundation
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    junegemini wrote: »
    lol yea

    i usually read Psalms or Proverbs. i think one of my favorite passages is Proverbs 3:5-6

    yeah i enjoy proverbs too. there was a time i would just read them for the enjoyment.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    junegemini wrote: »
    for those who read the bible, what's your favorite scripture or book of the bible or which do you live by the most?

    can't say that i have a favorite, cuz i'm still learning too much as it is....

    i do like this one sermon this one preacher gave us about a 🤬 man who's friends lifted the roof off of a home so that the man coud see jesus and be healed because the lne of people to see jesus was out the door and around the corner...

    it was a family and fiends day..and dude was going off on some

    do you have friends who would be willing to upset the foundation just to make sure you are healed...

    joint was deep
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    our preacher went all the way through proverbs, and two weeks he preached on immorality in general and then sexual immorality... he's what you call a 'fire and brimstone' type preacher and was very direct....but i've never seen so many people get up and walk out of 2 sermons in my life. There is some serious, harsh words throughout Proverbs. Thats why i like it. I would much rather leave church feeling like 🤬 (i.e. convicted) than leaving all happilly
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    dusouljah wrote: »
    I hear what your saying,and forgive me for not quoting the exact chapter..i wanna say 12 &13 speaking of the beasts, but again....the way i remember reading it was the ones who were eager to follow the beast were those who flat out denounced 🤬 in the first place...

    those who consistantly wanted to see their own miracles....so when they saw the power of the beast, and how he healed himself from a supposed death 🤬 people began their own churches worshiping the beast, and the precious beast before him.....

    the beast was curing sickness and what not, and those who already denounced 🤬 felt as those this beast who was demonstrating his power on earth was who they should worship.....

    the ones who denouced the beast were the ones whose names were already written in the book of life, and were safe from the beasts power...

    again..i don't have any notes from me, so i can't verify this 100%...

    but IMO it seems as if you're accusing the church of today for worshiping the beast...when that would only be true if the church was representing worldly things that can be explained as the beast...

    the thing is there's a lot of things in the world that anyone can point out and say they represent the beast...

    man's value of money,
    man's amazemnt in his own creations....
    i mean it's very easy to see thta many ppl are pulling away from the church and putting thier confidence in things of the world that they feel is more tangibale and real...

    so to claim that those in the church are following the beast is inccorect IMO...unless you have a church where people are worshingping their leader instead of 🤬 himself

    This has been going on for decades. I see where you are coming from *daps* but the part I think you are missing is the deception which will and is occuring in churches around the Globe today. Here's one small but HUGE instance............ When you say ur prayers and so forth you end it with what? Amen correct? Well this is really an acknowledgement of Satan. I will explain later but see @ Seminary's and other College's these preachers go to they are aware of this and for some reason NEVER INFORM their flocks abt this Abomination. Why is that? Because there is an agenda thats alot bigger than you think being played. Its chess not checkers and Deception is Element and key to their plans. Do you think most people are going to willing Praise Satan or Accept World Government as stated in Revelation no brother they will be decieved by epic propotions and wonders we cant even begin to imagine.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Matt- wrote: »
    our preacher went all the way through proverbs, and two weeks he preached on immorality in general and then sexual immorality... he's what you call a 'fire and brimstone' type preacher and was very direct....but i've never seen so many people get up and walk out of 2 sermons in my life. There is some serious, harsh words throughout Proverbs. Thats why i like it. I would much rather leave church feeling like 🤬 (i.e. convicted) than leaving all happilly

    yea but preaching to the choir can get old after a while, especially if you know your congregation, as a good pastor should...

    i mean sometimes they need that fire and brimstone....but there's good and bad ways to do it
  • junegemini
    junegemini With ya daddyMembers Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    my biggest fear is dying and then trying to get into heaven and 🤬 be like 'depart from me for i never knew you'

  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Christians: I have a question.

    Would you agree that in order for me to have faith, I would have to abandon a certain amount of logic.

    Thats a serious question, by the way..
  • junegemini
    junegemini With ya daddyMembers Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    This has been going on for decades. I see where you are coming from *daps* but the part I think you are missing is the deception which will and is occuring in churches around the Globe today. Here's one small but HUGE instance............ When you say ur prayers and so forth you end it with what? Amen correct? Well this is really an acknowledgement of Satan. I will explain later but see @ Seminary's and other College's these preachers go to they are aware of this and for some reason NEVER INFORM their flocks abt this Abomination. Why is that? Because there is an agenda thats alot bigger than you think being played. Its chess not checkers and Deception is Element and key to their plans. Do you think most people are going to willing Praise Satan or Accept World Government as stated in Revelation no brother they will be decieved by epic propotions and wonders we cant even begin to imagine.

    so even when we say 'in Jesus name I(we) pray, amen' you still feel its acknowledging Satan?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    This has been going on for decades. I see where you are coming from *daps* but the part I think you are missing is the deception which will and is occuring in churches around the Globe today. Here's one small but HUGE instance............ When you say ur prayers and so forth you end it with what? Amen correct? Well this is really an acknowledgement of Satan. I will explain later but see @ Seminary's and other College's these preachers go to they are aware of this and for some reason NEVER INFORM their flocks abt this Abomination. Why is that? Because there is an agenda thats alot bigger than you think being played. Its chess not checkers and Deception is Element and key to their plans. Do you think most people are going to willing Praise Satan or Accept World Government as stated in Revelation no brother they will be decieved by epic propotions and wonders we cant even begin to imagine.
    u gotta give me some reference on that....

    because i would challenge it, but i have to a reference to back up my claim...

    because to my knowledge Amen simply is a agreeance that what was spoken is true

    what is the background that Amen is an acknowledgement of Satan......with proof please
  • junegemini
    junegemini With ya daddyMembers Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Christians: I have a question.

    Would you agree that in order for me to have faith, I would have to abandon a certain amount of logic.

    Thats a serious question, by the way..

    i always believed that to have faith is to acknowledge that Jesus is your Lord and Savior. It's hard to fully understand the Bible and/or the teachings of the Bible
  • Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Christians: I have a question.

    Would you agree that in order for me to have faith, I would have to abandon a certain amount of logic.

    Thats a serious question, by the way..

    not at all, cuz like i said in the begginning..no one is a perfect christian... to be a 100% christian u can't be alive on this planet, because u would never bee 100% christ like until you die....

    are you dead yet?

    no you're still a part of this world.. u can do your best to live your life rightestly and just have faith that when judgement comes wyou will be adequately rewarded for your doings...

    if in the eyes of 🤬 you've done good, then you will be rewarded as such..
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    junegemini wrote: »
    i always believed that to have faith is to acknowledge that Jesus is your Lord and Savior. It's hard to fully understand the Bible and/or the teachings of the Bible

    I guess what I'm trying to say is the concept of "🤬 's everlasting love" for us has always baffled me.

    Basically because if I had the physical power to give my loved ones (or children) for that matter, any kind of world I wanted , i certainly wouldnt give them one like this.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    dusouljah wrote: »
    yea but preaching to the choir can get old after a while, especially if you know your congregation, as a good pastor should...

    i mean sometimes they need that fire and brimstone....but there's good and bad ways to do it

    i guess i mean he's firey in his delivery and tone. But he doesn't mince words when it comes to what the scripture. If its good news or bad. And some people want to be preached to in a way that sort of spins scripture to where its not condescending or judgemental
Sign In or Register to comment.