What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Lupe Fiasco - Tetsuo and Youth Official Album Discussion 1/20/15

Comments

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DNB1 wrote: »
    This album is very, very nice.

I've subconsciously sat it next to J.Cole on the recent dopeness shelf.

I had to give Lu a break earlier today and went straight to FHD... the break didn't last long tho
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw 🤬 , 🤬 that banjo kazooie 🤬 . One of my favorite tracks and this 🤬 gotta put 30secs of 🤬 🤬 at the beginning.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor The Spectacular Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dots & Lines might be about his label situation.
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has bee posted yet but

"Last night I was sitting at this little coffee shop in LA eating a cookie, and having a conversation about my place in music. The place is closing and this guy and girl walk up. We are sitting in the back. They walk to the back. They go, 'Hey, how are you doing Lupe? I don't know how to say this, we were sitting over there for the longest trying to figure out how to say hello, but I wanted to thank you.' Prior to this I was thinking, 'I ain't got no place in hip-hop, my career is over,' that whole diatribe I gave you earlier. She goes, 'I teach your music in my class. I teach at a community college in the Bay. You don't know how many papers I've read about your music.' The other guy teaches high school, and says, 'I incorporate music in my class, so of course I play you and put on a lot of kids to your music.' So in 2006 I was speaking to high school kids, and in 2015 I'm speaking to high school kids through the people who heard me in 2006. They are passing up the chain, back through time. It was an interesting moment. One moment I was talking about the end of days for your career and then two teachers -- one high school, one college -- walk up to you and say, 'We are grading essays about your music and teaching you in our class.' That was just kind of like, Oh maybe I do have a little more fight, a little more gas in the engine."
    -Lupe

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCMembers Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No man shall "touch this"
    Lord said nobody can "🤬 wit it" (lil mama)
    Madonna (donna, donna, donna, donna, donna, donna, donna)

Bruhhhhhhh this is my 🤬 right now .... Even got the little ill wordplay on the hook of all things ....I don't know how I wasn't paying attention to this track when it dropped Poope Delivered gottdammit that 🤬 delivered!
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Fuck your reactions Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweatshirt would have been ill as a feature on Mural but that song is fire. Lu in rare form throughout the album. 2015 lookin real promising.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    I like it, I think its on par with F & L 2 I rate them about the same both under The Cool

Dont like some of the middle songs but it bounces back towards the end, theres some songs that are wack sonically but hes still spitting on them so its cool
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberMembers Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall werent kidding about that mural song. Sounds like lupe in his fahrenheit mixtape form. Every song is dope on here. Kind of had the same feeling I had when I first heard the cool. My favorite song on the first 2 listens is prisoners 1 & 2. Nice short poem by his sister in the between the songs.wished it was longer. I always liked her poems.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY SHAPE YOUR REALITY INSIDE WHICH YOU THRIVE Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it!!!!

Excellent album imo
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I like it, I think its on par with F & L 2 I rate them about the same both under The Cool

Dont like some of the middle songs but it bounces back towards the end, theres some songs that are wack sonically but hes still spitting on them so its cool

The 🤬 ,

Body of Work
    Little Death
    No Scratches
    Chopper
    Deliver

You talking about?
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They sent him off to that slaughter,
    baby momma, no father
    he was hanging around them murderers,
    and them prostitutes and them robbers.
    them dope feinds 'n that water
    with angel dust in their nostrils,
    They hit him up with that chopper,
    she was holding him in her hands just like stigmata.
    Said you gonna live here forever
    salvation and treasure, you gonna live here forever
    Died likey Ricky on his momma couch,
    right there in his momma house.
    Only child, the holy momma is your momma now.
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    The songs are long but listening I didn't really recognize. It didn't seem forced good work
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor The Spectacular Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Downloaded my iTunes preorder earlier. Will be copping the physical later today.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only listened to Summer and Mural on my way to work this morning.
    Mural is godly. 🤬 that was refreshing to hear.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better than F&L 2 or nah?
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Even if you mute it, The curse is there. Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BobOblah I say yes, but barely. To me this whole 🤬 bump & I aint feel like that at first.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BobOblah I say yes, but barely. To me this whole 🤬 bump & I aint feel like that at first.

Word I might have to cop when I cop Joey badass album
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am playing this album for the first time and two songs in I decided im buying this next paycheck.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link. the PM.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I'm excited AF to hear this album. I waited patiently and I'm finally copping it today...