What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

No Thread on the NEARLY 150 Dead in Islamist Terrorist Attacks at Kenyan University?

124

Comments

  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    In fact I'd wager that in America most christians don't follow any denomination at all

    Most Christians in America don't take their own religion seriously anymore (look at how 🤬 marriage is in most states now LOL), but most are Protestant or Catholic according to surveys

    I wouldn't go that far to say they don't take it seriously because of 🤬 marriage. Unfortunately the way the law and politics are set up it's kind of hard for christians to legally stop 🤬 marriage especially when it has liberal support.

    A lot of that liberal support comes from Christians LOL, you do know that right? The Catholic Church is very against 🤬 marriage, but it's the PROTESTANT denominations that are going H.A.M. for 🤬 marriage these last few years in America and even Europe. CNN even had a report on the Christian PROTESTANT churches that now support 🤬 marriage and all kinds of other stuff not supported by the Bible.


    You don't understand . a Christian may support a politician for one issue but that politican may hold views that run contrary to how christians feel about another issue. But that first issue will hold more importance to that Christian

    And on top of that their will be some chruches that are outright corrupted but they are still in the minority especially in America. alone the Southern baptist and Catholics rejected 🤬 marriage and they alone make up a large chunk of the Christian population in America

    Good points but MOST Christians polled support 🤬 marriage in America these days, same thing in Europe. I couldn't imagine most Christians supporting 🤬 marriage back in the 1980s......

    Some Protestant churches are purposefully getting away from the Bible but when you said Catholics and Baptist churches do not support 🤬 marriage, it proves my point that Catholics and Protestants aren't as different as some believe.

    Most christians do not support 🤬 marriage just going by the southern Baptist lack of support for it can tell you that.

    Just because Baptist and Catholic agree on this social issue doesn't mean they are the same. Come on man that doesn't even make any sense
    It's like saying I don't like people who spit in public and you don't like people who spit in public therefore we are fundamentally the same
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬

    i agree with the part about the Pope, but idk any actual Catholics that believe the Pope is divine. Veneration of people is something alot of people practice and i see why Protestants and Muslims have a problem with it but in everyday life we venerate things/people a lot. I'm not expert but veneration IMO is the highest form of honor, not ascribing divinity to them

    btw do Protestants believe in miracles?
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
    prolly cuz of the orthodox churches
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggyAF wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    King blaze you a cool guy but I swear we been through why catholics and protestants are vastly different. As far as my views Orthodox church is honestly good I believe. Everyone I visited seemed open and nice but just the whole traditional thing certain songs towards saints and etc I'd off putting. Eastern Roman church is the same pagan nonsense

    I can understand "different" but VASTLY different?? The biggest differences are Catholics believe one needs to believe in Jesus AND do good deeds to enter heaven but Protestants believe belief in Jesus is good enough.

    The other differences are pretty small in the grand scheme of things, Catholics and Protestants both believe in the Bible too, so how big are the differences really? If I'm wrong let me know

    That's not the biggest difference at all . Catholics believe in non human intercession which means they venerated saints and borderline pray to them and angels.

    And even human intercession they give more power than is necessary.

    Not to mention the supremacy of the pope.

    intercession of saints is not worship, just like you might ask someone to pray for you. its also not a solely Catholic practice

    Intercession of saintswho are nothing more than dead people is speaking to the dead. Which is forbidden. It is in essence worship
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    zombie wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    King blaze you a cool guy but I swear we been through why catholics and protestants are vastly different. As far as my views Orthodox church is honestly good I believe. Everyone I visited seemed open and nice but just the whole traditional thing certain songs towards saints and etc I'd off putting. Eastern Roman church is the same pagan nonsense

    I can understand "different" but VASTLY different?? The biggest differences are Catholics believe one needs to believe in Jesus AND do good deeds to enter heaven but Protestants believe belief in Jesus is good enough.

    The other differences are pretty small in the grand scheme of things, Catholics and Protestants both believe in the Bible too, so how big are the differences really? If I'm wrong let me know

    That's not the biggest difference at all . Catholics believe in non human intercession which means they venerated saints and borderline pray to them and angels.

    And even human intercession they give more power than is necessary.

    Not to mention the supremacy of the pope.

    intercession of saints is not worship, just like you might ask someone to pray for you. its also not a solely Catholic practice

    Intercession of saintswho are nothing more than dead people is speaking to the dead. Which is forbidden. It is in essence worship

    Jesus died. also do you ask people to pray for you or have had people ask you to pray for you? and i believe certain people/places can be worthy of veneration. veneration of the dead is also quite African
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬

    i agree with the part about the Pope, but idk any actual Catholics that believe the Pope is divine. Veneration of people is something alot of people practice and i see why Protestants and Muslims have a problem with it but in everyday life we venerate things/people a lot. I'm not expert but veneration IMO is the highest form of honor, not ascribing divinity to them

    btw do Protestants believe in miracles?
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
    prolly cuz of the orthodox churches

    Catholics hold full on prayer towards them which in itself is worship especially the belief that you have to speak to Mary in order to speak to Jesus. Yes the early apostles and Mary and other figures are important but catholics take it overboard. As far as the pope go the believe his word is infallible so he must be
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggyAF wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    King blaze you a cool guy but I swear we been through why catholics and protestants are vastly different. As far as my views Orthodox church is honestly good I believe. Everyone I visited seemed open and nice but just the whole traditional thing certain songs towards saints and etc I'd off putting. Eastern Roman church is the same pagan nonsense

    I can understand "different" but VASTLY different?? The biggest differences are Catholics believe one needs to believe in Jesus AND do good deeds to enter heaven but Protestants believe belief in Jesus is good enough.

    The other differences are pretty small in the grand scheme of things, Catholics and Protestants both believe in the Bible too, so how big are the differences really? If I'm wrong let me know

    That's not the biggest difference at all . Catholics believe in non human intercession which means they venerated saints and borderline pray to them and angels.

    And even human intercession they give more power than is necessary.

    Not to mention the supremacy of the pope.

    intercession of saints is not worship, just like you might ask someone to pray for you. its also not a solely Catholic practice

    Intercession of saintswho are nothing more than dead people is speaking to the dead. Which is forbidden. It is in essence worship

    Jesus died. also do you ask people to pray for you or have had people ask you to pray for you? and i believe certain people/places can be worthy of veneration

    Jesus is 🤬 and did not stay in sheol. The saints are just dead. You can ask living people to pray for you but not the dead.

    You can respect the dead for what they did in life but that's the end of it.You can give places special emotional meaning but remember there is nothing magical about them.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬

    i agree with the part about the Pope, but idk any actual Catholics that believe the Pope is divine. Veneration of people is something alot of people practice and i see why Protestants and Muslims have a problem with it but in everyday life we venerate things/people a lot. I'm not expert but veneration IMO is the highest form of honor, not ascribing divinity to them

    btw do Protestants believe in miracles?
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
    prolly cuz of the orthodox churches

    Catholics hold full on prayer towards them which in itself is worship especially the belief that you have to speak to Mary in order to speak to Jesus. Yes the early apostles and Mary and other figures are important but catholics take it overboard. As far as the pope go the believe his word is infallible so he must be

    where they do that at tho?
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬

    i agree with the part about the Pope, but idk any actual Catholics that believe the Pope is divine. Veneration of people is something alot of people practice and i see why Protestants and Muslims have a problem with it but in everyday life we venerate things/people a lot. I'm not expert but veneration IMO is the highest form of honor, not ascribing divinity to them

    btw do Protestants believe in miracles?
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
    prolly cuz of the orthodox churches

    Catholics hold full on prayer towards them which in itself is worship especially the belief that you have to speak to Mary in order to speak to Jesus. Yes the early apostles and Mary and other figures are important but catholics take it overboard. As far as the pope go the believe his word is infallible so he must be

    where they do that at tho?
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬

    i agree with the part about the Pope, but idk any actual Catholics that believe the Pope is divine. Veneration of people is something alot of people practice and i see why Protestants and Muslims have a problem with it but in everyday life we venerate things/people a lot. I'm not expert but veneration IMO is the highest form of honor, not ascribing divinity to them

    btw do Protestants believe in miracles?
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
    prolly cuz of the orthodox churches

    Catholics hold full on prayer towards them which in itself is worship especially the belief that you have to speak to Mary in order to speak to Jesus. Yes the early apostles and Mary and other figures are important but catholics take it overboard. As far as the pope go the believe his word is infallible so he must be

    where they do that at tho?

    Have you ever been to a Catholic church?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬

    i agree with the part about the Pope, but idk any actual Catholics that believe the Pope is divine. Veneration of people is something alot of people practice and i see why Protestants and Muslims have a problem with it but in everyday life we venerate things/people a lot. I'm not expert but veneration IMO is the highest form of honor, not ascribing divinity to them

    btw do Protestants believe in miracles?
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
    prolly cuz of the orthodox churches

    Catholics hold full on prayer towards them which in itself is worship especially the belief that you have to speak to Mary in order to speak to Jesus. Yes the early apostles and Mary and other figures are important but catholics take it overboard. As far as the pope go the believe his word is infallible so he must be

    where they do that at tho?
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬

    i agree with the part about the Pope, but idk any actual Catholics that believe the Pope is divine. Veneration of people is something alot of people practice and i see why Protestants and Muslims have a problem with it but in everyday life we venerate things/people a lot. I'm not expert but veneration IMO is the highest form of honor, not ascribing divinity to them

    btw do Protestants believe in miracles?
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
    prolly cuz of the orthodox churches

    Catholics hold full on prayer towards them which in itself is worship especially the belief that you have to speak to Mary in order to speak to Jesus. Yes the early apostles and Mary and other figures are important but catholics take it overboard. As far as the pope go the believe his word is infallible so he must be

    where they do that at tho?

    Have you ever been to a Catholic church?

    i grew up in one
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    In fact I'd wager that in America most christians don't follow any denomination at all

    Most Christians in America don't take their own religion seriously anymore (look at how 🤬 marriage is in most states now LOL), but most are Protestant or Catholic according to surveys

    I wouldn't go that far to say they don't take it seriously because of 🤬 marriage. Unfortunately the way the law and politics are set up it's kind of hard for christians to legally stop 🤬 marriage especially when it has liberal support.

    A lot of that liberal support comes from Christians LOL, you do know that right? The Catholic Church is very against 🤬 marriage, but it's the PROTESTANT denominations that are going H.A.M. for 🤬 marriage these last few years in America and even Europe. CNN even had a report on the Christian PROTESTANT churches that now support 🤬 marriage and all kinds of other stuff not supported by the Bible.


    You don't understand . a Christian may support a politician for one issue but that politican may hold views that run contrary to how christians feel about another issue. But that first issue will hold more importance to that Christian

    And on top of that their will be some chruches that are outright corrupted but they are still in the minority especially in America. alone the Southern baptist and Catholics rejected 🤬 marriage and they alone make up a large chunk of the Christian population in America

    Good points but MOST Christians polled support 🤬 marriage in America these days, same thing in Europe. I couldn't imagine most Christians supporting 🤬 marriage back in the 1980s......

    Some Protestant churches are purposefully getting away from the Bible but when you said Catholics and Baptist churches do not support 🤬 marriage, it proves my point that Catholics and Protestants aren't as different as some believe.

    Most christians do not support 🤬 marriage just going by the southern Baptist lack of support for it can tell you that.

    Just because Baptist and Catholic agree on this social issue doesn't mean they are the same. Come on man that doesn't even make any sense
    It's like saying I don't like people who spit in public and you don't like people who spit in public therefore we are fundamentally the same

    I read somewhere that most Christians do, especially young Protestants and White Catholics. But considering 58% of Americans support it now, I'm willing to bet that includes most Christians, considering America is about 70% Christian.


  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    In fact I'd wager that in America most christians don't follow any denomination at all

    Most Christians in America don't take their own religion seriously anymore (look at how 🤬 marriage is in most states now LOL), but most are Protestant or Catholic according to surveys

    I wouldn't go that far to say they don't take it seriously because of 🤬 marriage. Unfortunately the way the law and politics are set up it's kind of hard for christians to legally stop 🤬 marriage especially when it has liberal support.

    A lot of that liberal support comes from Christians LOL, you do know that right? The Catholic Church is very against 🤬 marriage, but it's the PROTESTANT denominations that are going H.A.M. for 🤬 marriage these last few years in America and even Europe. CNN even had a report on the Christian PROTESTANT churches that now support 🤬 marriage and all kinds of other stuff not supported by the Bible.


    You don't understand . a Christian may support a politician for one issue but that politican may hold views that run contrary to how christians feel about another issue. But that first issue will hold more importance to that Christian

    And on top of that their will be some chruches that are outright corrupted but they are still in the minority especially in America. alone the Southern baptist and Catholics rejected 🤬 marriage and they alone make up a large chunk of the Christian population in America

    Good points but MOST Christians polled support 🤬 marriage in America these days, same thing in Europe. I couldn't imagine most Christians supporting 🤬 marriage back in the 1980s......

    Some Protestant churches are purposefully getting away from the Bible but when you said Catholics and Baptist churches do not support 🤬 marriage, it proves my point that Catholics and Protestants aren't as different as some believe.

    Most christians do not support 🤬 marriage just going by the southern Baptist lack of support for it can tell you that.

    Just because Baptist and Catholic agree on this social issue doesn't mean they are the same. Come on man that doesn't even make any sense
    It's like saying I don't like people who spit in public and you don't like people who spit in public therefore we are fundamentally the same

    I read somewhere that most Christians do, especially young Protestants and White Catholics. But considering 58% of Americans support it now, I'm willing to bet that includes most Christians, considering America is about 70% Christian.


    Well you would be wrong, because based on the percentage of christians in America that are Baptist, Catholics and black evangelicals all groups that for the most part reject 🤬 marriage you are wrong.

    I don't know where you get your news from but Pentecostal Baptist and Catholic all oppose 🤬 marriage that together they make up the vast majority of christians in America.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬

    i agree with the part about the Pope, but idk any actual Catholics that believe the Pope is divine. Veneration of people is something alot of people practice and i see why Protestants and Muslims have a problem with it but in everyday life we venerate things/people a lot. I'm not expert but veneration IMO is the highest form of honor, not ascribing divinity to them

    btw do Protestants believe in miracles?
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
    prolly cuz of the orthodox churches

    Catholics hold full on prayer towards them which in itself is worship especially the belief that you have to speak to Mary in order to speak to Jesus. Yes the early apostles and Mary and other figures are important but catholics take it overboard. As far as the pope go the believe his word is infallible so he must be

    where they do that at tho?
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬

    i agree with the part about the Pope, but idk any actual Catholics that believe the Pope is divine. Veneration of people is something alot of people practice and i see why Protestants and Muslims have a problem with it but in everyday life we venerate things/people a lot. I'm not expert but veneration IMO is the highest form of honor, not ascribing divinity to them

    btw do Protestants believe in miracles?
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
    prolly cuz of the orthodox churches

    Catholics hold full on prayer towards them which in itself is worship especially the belief that you have to speak to Mary in order to speak to Jesus. Yes the early apostles and Mary and other figures are important but catholics take it overboard. As far as the pope go the believe his word is infallible so he must be

    where they do that at tho?

    Have you ever been to a Catholic church?

    i grew up in one

    You have my condolences
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬

    i agree with the part about the Pope, but idk any actual Catholics that believe the Pope is divine. Veneration of people is something alot of people practice and i see why Protestants and Muslims have a problem with it but in everyday life we venerate things/people a lot. I'm not expert but veneration IMO is the highest form of honor, not ascribing divinity to them

    btw do Protestants believe in miracles?
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
    prolly cuz of the orthodox churches

    Catholics hold full on prayer towards them which in itself is worship especially the belief that you have to speak to Mary in order to speak to Jesus. Yes the early apostles and Mary and other figures are important but catholics take it overboard. As far as the pope go the believe his word is infallible so he must be

    where they do that at tho?
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬

    i agree with the part about the Pope, but idk any actual Catholics that believe the Pope is divine. Veneration of people is something alot of people practice and i see why Protestants and Muslims have a problem with it but in everyday life we venerate things/people a lot. I'm not expert but veneration IMO is the highest form of honor, not ascribing divinity to them

    btw do Protestants believe in miracles?
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
    prolly cuz of the orthodox churches

    Catholics hold full on prayer towards them which in itself is worship especially the belief that you have to speak to Mary in order to speak to Jesus. Yes the early apostles and Mary and other figures are important but catholics take it overboard. As far as the pope go the believe his word is infallible so he must be

    where they do that at tho?

    Have you ever been to a Catholic church?

    i grew up in one

    You have my condolences

    Not sure if going to a Methodist (i did go to one for a bit and went to methodist summer camps) or Baptist church would have made my life any different but sure
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬

    i agree with the part about the Pope, but idk any actual Catholics that believe the Pope is divine. Veneration of people is something alot of people practice and i see why Protestants and Muslims have a problem with it but in everyday life we venerate things/people a lot. I'm not expert but veneration IMO is the highest form of honor, not ascribing divinity to them

    btw do Protestants believe in miracles?
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
    prolly cuz of the orthodox churches

    Catholics hold full on prayer towards them which in itself is worship especially the belief that you have to speak to Mary in order to speak to Jesus. Yes the early apostles and Mary and other figures are important but catholics take it overboard. As far as the pope go the believe his word is infallible so he must be

    where they do that at tho?
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬

    i agree with the part about the Pope, but idk any actual Catholics that believe the Pope is divine. Veneration of people is something alot of people practice and i see why Protestants and Muslims have a problem with it but in everyday life we venerate things/people a lot. I'm not expert but veneration IMO is the highest form of honor, not ascribing divinity to them

    btw do Protestants believe in miracles?
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
    prolly cuz of the orthodox churches

    Catholics hold full on prayer towards them which in itself is worship especially the belief that you have to speak to Mary in order to speak to Jesus. Yes the early apostles and Mary and other figures are important but catholics take it overboard. As far as the pope go the believe his word is infallible so he must be

    where they do that at tho?

    Have you ever been to a Catholic church?

    i grew up in one

    The one I went to while I was still in training did. Maybe that was an exception
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬

    i agree with the part about the Pope, but idk any actual Catholics that believe the Pope is divine. Veneration of people is something alot of people practice and i see why Protestants and Muslims have a problem with it but in everyday life we venerate things/people a lot. I'm not expert but veneration IMO is the highest form of honor, not ascribing divinity to them

    btw do Protestants believe in miracles?
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
    prolly cuz of the orthodox churches

    Catholics hold full on prayer towards them which in itself is worship especially the belief that you have to speak to Mary in order to speak to Jesus. Yes the early apostles and Mary and other figures are important but catholics take it overboard. As far as the pope go the believe his word is infallible so he must be

    where they do that at tho?
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The veneration of saints and angels itself is complete foolishness. And the Pope being some kind of divine person representing 🤬

    i agree with the part about the Pope, but idk any actual Catholics that believe the Pope is divine. Veneration of people is something alot of people practice and i see why Protestants and Muslims have a problem with it but in everyday life we venerate things/people a lot. I'm not expert but veneration IMO is the highest form of honor, not ascribing divinity to them

    btw do Protestants believe in miracles?
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬
    prolly cuz of the orthodox churches

    Catholics hold full on prayer towards them which in itself is worship especially the belief that you have to speak to Mary in order to speak to Jesus. Yes the early apostles and Mary and other figures are important but catholics take it overboard. As far as the pope go the believe his word is infallible so he must be

    where they do that at tho?

    Have you ever been to a Catholic church?

    i grew up in one

    The one I went to while I was still in training did. Maybe that was an exception

    You have feast days but those are just an excuse to party
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    In fact I'd wager that in America most christians don't follow any denomination at all

    Most Christians in America don't take their own religion seriously anymore (look at how 🤬 marriage is in most states now LOL), but most are Protestant or Catholic according to surveys

    I wouldn't go that far to say they don't take it seriously because of 🤬 marriage. Unfortunately the way the law and politics are set up it's kind of hard for christians to legally stop 🤬 marriage especially when it has liberal support.

    A lot of that liberal support comes from Christians LOL, you do know that right? The Catholic Church is very against 🤬 marriage, but it's the PROTESTANT denominations that are going H.A.M. for 🤬 marriage these last few years in America and even Europe. CNN even had a report on the Christian PROTESTANT churches that now support 🤬 marriage and all kinds of other stuff not supported by the Bible.


    You don't understand . a Christian may support a politician for one issue but that politican may hold views that run contrary to how christians feel about another issue. But that first issue will hold more importance to that Christian

    And on top of that their will be some chruches that are outright corrupted but they are still in the minority especially in America. alone the Southern baptist and Catholics rejected 🤬 marriage and they alone make up a large chunk of the Christian population in America

    Good points but MOST Christians polled support 🤬 marriage in America these days, same thing in Europe. I couldn't imagine most Christians supporting 🤬 marriage back in the 1980s......

    Some Protestant churches are purposefully getting away from the Bible but when you said Catholics and Baptist churches do not support 🤬 marriage, it proves my point that Catholics and Protestants aren't as different as some believe.

    Most christians do not support 🤬 marriage just going by the southern Baptist lack of support for it can tell you that.

    Just because Baptist and Catholic agree on this social issue doesn't mean they are the same. Come on man that doesn't even make any sense
    It's like saying I don't like people who spit in public and you don't like people who spit in public therefore we are fundamentally the same

    I read somewhere that most Christians do, especially young Protestants and White Catholics. But considering 58% of Americans support it now, I'm willing to bet that includes most Christians, considering America is about 70% Christian.


    Well you would be wrong, because based on the percentage of christians in America that are Baptist, Catholics and black evangelicals all groups that for the most part reject 🤬 marriage you are wrong.

    I don't know where you get your news from but Pentecostal Baptist and Catholic all oppose 🤬 marriage that together they make up the vast majority of christians in America.

    I'll look this up but I read something different just a few months ago. If you're correct , then it makes it all the more amazing America has the culture and laws that it has now.
  • no2fuks
    no2fuks I told myself to save yourself cause I can't save youMembers Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬

    why do you say that. initially I taught you were joking but now... i cant tell
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    a bee wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬

    why do you say that. initially I taught you were joking but now... i cant tell

    I am not joking the white man is a natural 🤬 and only the imposition/adoption of another culture has stemmed his homosexual behavior. Now i am not saying all europeans are 🤬 i am however saying that by studying european culture and history it becomes clear that europeans have a greater tendency to be not only homosexual but sexual liberal.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get why people act so shock when you say that.Europe past cultured accepted homosexuality as well as being a 🤬 haven.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Epistemophilic Pronounced Malk-artGuests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    a bee wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    I can't speak for western Europe but THE white man is a natural 🤬 so it would not surprise me.

    Russia and eastern Europe however I don't think will be having that 🤬

    why do you say that. initially I taught you were joking but now... i cant tell

    I am not joking the white man is a natural 🤬 and only the imposition/adoption of another culture has stemmed his homosexual behavior. Now i am not saying all europeans are 🤬 i am however saying that by studying european culture and history it becomes clear that europeans have a greater tendency to be not only homosexual but sexual liberal.

    Lmaooo.... the bold made it even more hilarious than usual.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how out of those who follow religion, the devil worshipers of the world seem the least threatening. But religious folk tell us the devil and "sinners" and heathens and occult people are no good.
  • janklow
    janklow god's lonely man. Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Kenya faces the grim aftermath of school massacre
    Survivors of a 🤬 college campus assault in this eastern city prepared to spend a second night in tents at a makeshift camp on the city’s airstrip waiting to be bused home, as rescuers removed bodies of students from dormitories on Friday and airlifted injured survivors to the capital city of Nairobi.

    But as survivors were dealing overwhelming losses, Somali militants reportedly issued a message Saturday threatening Kenya with more attacks. They said the campus assault was retaliation for Kenya’s military actions in Somalia and treatment of Muslims, according to Reuters.

    As the first 20 bodies airlifted from the campus of Garissa University College arrived at Nairobi’s Chiromo Mortuary Friday morning, screaming and crying relatives of victims lined up to identify bodies at a different makeshift facilty in a downtown stadium. A manifest posted there listed students who survived the attack and those who did not. Some anguished and angry relatives confirmed what they already knew, while others waited in lines to identify remains.

    The Thursday massacre — carried out by Islamic extremists who slaughtered 148 people as they shouted “🤬 is great” — appeared to have been planned extensively, even targeting a site where Christians had gone to pray, survivors said Friday.

    More than 500 students were rescued after Islamist militants, heavily armed and strapped with explosives, attacked the campus, shooting some young people and taking others hostage. At least 79 people were injured, according to Kenya’s National Disaster Operation Center.

    Among the survivors was Mary Irungu, who said she left her dormitory just before dawn to fetch water. Then gunshots rang out directly behind her, she said, and she knew immediately that al-Shabab had made it to Garissa.

    “They were shooting at me from behind, and I froze; I was unable to think,” the college freshman said in an interview at a camp in Garissa for massacre survivors. Then, she said, she dropped her bucket and ran, looking over her shoulder to see two men shooting at her.

    As the bullets flew, she barreled toward the school cafeteria, reaching the doors in time to slam them and turn the lock. Inside, she found seven cooks cowering in the kitchen. She could hear gunfire from inside the dormitories and the cries of her fellow students.

    “It was horrific, traumatizing,” Irungu said. “I was scared for myself and for my friends who were still in the dormitories. . . . We didn’t know what was happening . . . and I didn’t know if the next moment would bring death.”

    After almost an hour, Irungu said, she was rescued by police officers, who escorted her out through the school’s main gate, where the attackers had killed two security guards.

    She was loaded into an ambulance and saw a close friend lying on the floor with blood streaming out of two bullet wounds in her legs. The friend was later airlifted to Nairobi, and Irungu has not heard from her since.

    Another friend, Monicah Vundi, also a first-year student, managed to escape from one of the dorms and fled across the campus. “It was like the bullets were following me,” she said. “I knew I had to get out.” She clambered up a fence, which she estimated at more than twice her height, shredding her palm against the looped barbed wire at the top and tumbling to the other side.

    Another Garissa University College student, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of fears for his safety, said the dormitory floors were littered with casualties, most of them having suffered bullet wounds. Injured students were being airlifted to Nairobi because of poor facilities at the Garissa hospital. “This is a hospital just in name,” the student said.

    Reached by telephone, he said many of his fellow students hid in closets when the Islamist gunmen attacked. He said students cowered in the closets all night and emerged Friday morning.

    A spokesman for Doctors Without Borders said many of the students were suffering from shock.

    Reflecting on her ordeal, Irungu said she was grateful to be alive and challenged to make something of herself. “I want to take life more seriously because most of my friends are gone from that day,” she said. “It was traumatizing. Friends you were so close to — and then they died a horrific death.”

    For many surviving students, grief played out online on Facebook and other Web sites. “Please where is Daisy Aching, Martha, Lydia, someone to reply,” wrote one student to fellow members of the Garissa University New Comrades Forum. A stream of comments followed from other students also looking for their friends, and then the news that Lydia was among the dead.

    In Eastleigh, Nairobi’s predominantly Somali suburb, people steeled themselves for what they expect to be inevitable retaliation from Kenyan security forces. Residents said attacks such as the Garissa massacre usually result in the targeting of Kenya’s entire Somali community.

    Mohamed Amin, a former member of parliament in Somalia, said that this, in turn, angers Somali youths in Kenya, driving them toward al-Shabab. “Al-Shabab’s tactic is to divide the community,” he said. If the security forces do not change course and “make friends” with the Muslim community, he said, “then many more al-Shabab supporters will come out. That’s why Kenyans should change the culture of harassment. They should take Somali civilians as their own civilians, not their enemies.”

    The Garissa student reached by telephone echoed those tensions, expressing resentment toward the local Muslim population — most of Garissa’s inhabitants are Somalis — in the wake of the massacre. “The [Muslim] community here is hostile,” he said. “Most of the people killed are non-Muslims. There is no connection between the community and these people who have been killed. The community is happy with what happened.”

    But at the main gate of Garissa University College on Friday evening, Muslims expressed sorrow over the killings. One group of young women had walked from their homes two hours away to see for themselves what had happened.

    “Why is this happening in our country?” asked a Muslim high school student from a nearby village who gave her name as Najma. “Why are the terrorists killing people?”

    Somali President Hassan Sheik Mohamud called Friday for strengthened cooperation between Kenyan and Somali security forces to combat Islamist militants, according to the BBC. He called the attack a “barbaric act.”
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old TrentonMembers Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta get more cooperation between African nations
Sign In or Register to comment.