What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official Jay-Z's "Tidal" Streaming Service Thread (New Stand Up Comedy Series Added)

1242527293052

Comments

  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    I just saw on the AHH website that he's planning to play free concerts for Tidal subscribers. He's gonna perform "rare" songs.



    LOL

    I also have sources saying 5 lucky $20 FLAC subscribers will not only have the chance to attend the special show with a special VIP experience.

    1. Chauffeur service by either Freeway, Beanie Siegel or Memphis Bleek
    2. Exclusive pre show party with all of jays successful european and white friends including: Chris Martin, Jack White, Radiohead, and Gwyneth Paltrow.
    3. After Party VIP access and free hotel and lodging in the heart of the city (ain't no love)
    4. A signed Jay and Bey surfboard and home cooked breakfast by Beyonce the morning after the concert

    Don't you play hockey?

    I used to play hockey through college yeah. But you don't watch, use, or hang out with anything white or european? You go to the club and don't drink liqour cause those europeans made it? I bet you hate all apple products cause that crakka steve jobs created it. Lol cmon b.

    Hey man, i'm not the one throwing shots at jay for openly partaking in 🤬 culture. I mean hey, you did it.

    Playing hockey isn't "🤬 culture" that's like hating on Jackie robinson for integrating Baseball. Should I knock bill russel for playing basketball with mostly crackers?

    Jay made a few white friends and went to europe and thought it made him more elite than everyone else that is totally differnt than playing a sport that happens to have a small but growing minority presence.

    And Jay Z buddies up with some crackers thinking he could further his investments. Jackie Robinson abandoned the 🤬 league to further his career. So i guess they are similar. I just find it interesting that you think that is a problem but you had no issue mingling and buddying up with crackers to further your hockey exploits. I'm sure you didn't join the 🤬 hockey league.

    Lol please don't compaire jay z and jackie robinson. Jackie Robinson changed sports for minorities as we know it. Jay discovered coldplay 10 years into their career and was like "man these coldplay guys are pretty good". Jay went to europe and thought he was some super elite better than every otha brotha cause he could travel overseas. 🤬 travel overseas everyday b.

    Lmao. So where are those minorities in Hockey? And speaking of baseball, the majority of minorities left there want no associations with black people.

    sammy-sosa-white.png



    Are you comparing yourself to Jackie Robinson my G? Are you breaking new ground? People still think King shouldn't have pushed for integration. The 🤬 League was breaking its own ground, and white folks poached them like thirsty colonist. And what's wrong with going to Europe? That's where black folks went when crackers over here din't want to hear their race music and was stealing their sound and white washing it. There are a lot of black folks in Paris btw. Why don't you revive the 🤬 Hockey League bruh? Y'all need balance.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    I just saw on the AHH website that he's planning to play free concerts for Tidal subscribers. He's gonna perform "rare" songs.



    LOL

    I also have sources saying 5 lucky $20 FLAC subscribers will not only have the chance to attend the special show with a special VIP experience.

    1. Chauffeur service by either Freeway, Beanie Siegel or Memphis Bleek
    2. Exclusive pre show party with all of jays successful european and white friends including: Chris Martin, Jack White, Radiohead, and Gwyneth Paltrow.
    3. After Party VIP access and free hotel and lodging in the heart of the city (ain't no love)
    4. A signed Jay and Bey surfboard and home cooked breakfast by Beyonce the morning after the concert

    Don't you play hockey?

    I used to play hockey through college yeah. But you don't watch, use, or hang out with anything white or european? You go to the club and don't drink liqour cause those europeans made it? I bet you hate all apple products cause that crakka steve jobs created it. Lol cmon b.

    Hey man, i'm not the one throwing shots at jay for openly partaking in 🤬 culture. I mean hey, you did it.

    Playing hockey isn't "🤬 culture" that's like hating on Jackie robinson for integrating Baseball. Should I knock bill russel for playing basketball with mostly crackers?

    Jay made a few white friends and went to europe and thought it made him more elite than everyone else that is totally differnt than playing a sport that happens to have a small but growing minority presence.

    And Jay Z buddies up with some crackers thinking he could further his investments. Jackie Robinson abandoned the 🤬 league to further his career. So i guess they are similar. I just find it interesting that you think that is a problem but you had no issue mingling and buddying up with crackers to further your hockey exploits. I'm sure you didn't join the 🤬 hockey league.

    Lol please don't compaire jay z and jackie robinson. Jackie Robinson changed sports for minorities as we know it. Jay discovered coldplay 10 years into their career and was like "man these coldplay guys are pretty good". Jay went to europe and thought he was some super elite better than every otha brotha cause he could travel overseas. 🤬 travel overseas everyday b.

    Lmao. So where are those minorities in Hockey? And speaking of baseball, the majority of minorities left there want no associations with black people.

    sammy-sosa-white.png

    Are you comparing yourself to Jackie Robinson my G? Are you breaking new ground? People still think King shouldn't have pushed for integration. The 🤬 League was breaking its own ground, and white folks poached them like thirsty colonist. And what's wrong with going to Europe? That's where black folks went when crackers over here din't want to hear their race music and was stealing their sound and white washing it. There are a lot of black folks in Paris btw. Why don't you revive the 🤬 Hockey League bruh? Y'all need balance.


    Outside of sammy sosa name 5 other minority baseball players that don't want to be black. Your argument is flawed.

  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy M.O.B. Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'm STILL waiting on somebody to explain to me where this is a lose at??? How can you invest $56 million in something meant for the long haul and in 2 weeks it be considered a lose??? I mean didn't sprint/Softbank just spend $250 million on the service....so jay spends $56 mill on a service and in a couple weeks it's already upped its worth to $250 mill and y'all are calling THIS a lose??? Damn if this is a lose what the hell do y'all consider a win lol

    Welcome to the stock market, where if Coca-Cola's stock drops 2% headlines will say Coca-Cola is going out of business - days after it announces that it cleared $20 billion and/or had a record year SMMFH. Like I said, this isn't about Jay-Z it's about seeing him lose b/c 🤬 live in a nightmare in their minds. Bookmark this thread and come back in a year. Time will tell in 3-5 years.

    This is why I don't bother, b/c when you sit down and think about it, most people can't think past a week or 2 at best. Sit down and really really think about that. Do your own plans transcend past a week or 2 ? What about what you see for yourself ? Think about it. I blame technology b/c it's made people even more dependent and unable to sit still and think b/c there's so much bombarding them. Those who see things months and years ahead will consistently be the masters of the narrow-minded.

    But where's Tidals record year? It's fine you believe in Tidal and Jay, but blind love/appreciation isn't any better than blind hating. You can keep on name dropping all this big companies, but what so far tells you Tidal is gonna be able to make a turn around, beside being run by Jay Z? You do realize some companies actually fails, no matter how much time you give them, right?

    Lots of people have dropped objectives concerns about Tidal and its roll out without mentioning Jays name, but for some reason you seem to completely ignore this. Why is Jay above criticism?

    How are you gonna even see a record year in 2 weeks tho??? Smh
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    meanwhile Baltimore is burning but hove still tweeting about tidal

    because if jay tweeted about it then it would suddenly be fixed?
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    meanwhile Baltimore is burning but hove still tweeting about tidal

    because if jay tweeted about it then it would suddenly be fixed?

    Appearently Jay's Twitter has the ability to influence the actions of politicians, cops, protesters, and rioters.

    He has the power.
    tumblr_m336glqeNC1r04pibo1_500.jpg

    He didnt need to say 🤬 about Bmore

    What he did need to do was.. NOT speak about Tidal at that moment. Especially since he is a name people look to and he rarely ever tweets

    I.e. i once texted a bytch 'wyd', she said at the hospital with my mom. Yikes. Now I dont need to give a Ray Lewis pep talk to the mfer, but what i can do is NOT ask her to come over and drop my top at THAT moment in time.

    But as they say, common sense aint so common
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'm STILL waiting on somebody to explain to me where this is a lose at??? How can you invest $56 million in something meant for the long haul and in 2 weeks it be considered a lose??? I mean didn't sprint/Softbank just spend $250 million on the service....so jay spends $56 mill on a service and in a couple weeks it's already upped its worth to $250 mill and y'all are calling THIS a lose??? Damn if this is a lose what the hell do y'all consider a win lol

    Welcome to the stock market, where if Coca-Cola's stock drops 2% headlines will say Coca-Cola is going out of business - days after it announces that it cleared $20 billion and/or had a record year SMMFH. Like I said, this isn't about Jay-Z it's about seeing him lose b/c 🤬 live in a nightmare in their minds. Bookmark this thread and come back in a year. Time will tell in 3-5 years.

    This is why I don't bother, b/c when you sit down and think about it, most people can't think past a week or 2 at best. Sit down and really really think about that. Do your own plans transcend past a week or 2 ? What about what you see for yourself ? Think about it. I blame technology b/c it's made people even more dependent and unable to sit still and think b/c there's so much bombarding them. Those who see things months and years ahead will consistently be the masters of the narrow-minded.

    Aint nobody tryin to hear that bullshyt Shareef

    Numerous people are speaking on actual business principles, but u speakin on investing when this aint even about that. Quit cryin ngga
  • nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'm STILL waiting on somebody to explain to me where this is a lose at??? How can you invest $56 million in something meant for the long haul and in 2 weeks it be considered a lose??? I mean didn't sprint/Softbank just spend $250 million on the service....so jay spends $56 mill on a service and in a couple weeks it's already upped its worth to $250 mill and y'all are calling THIS a lose??? Damn if this is a lose what the hell do y'all consider a win lol

    Welcome to the stock market, where if Coca-Cola's stock drops 2% headlines will say Coca-Cola is going out of business - days after it announces that it cleared $20 billion and/or had a record year SMMFH. Like I said, this isn't about Jay-Z it's about seeing him lose b/c 🤬 live in a nightmare in their minds. Bookmark this thread and come back in a year. Time will tell in 3-5 years.

    This is why I don't bother, b/c when you sit down and think about it, most people can't think past a week or 2 at best. Sit down and really really think about that. Do your own plans transcend past a week or 2 ? What about what you see for yourself ? Think about it. I blame technology b/c it's made people even more dependent and unable to sit still and think b/c there's so much bombarding them. Those who see things months and years ahead will consistently be the masters of the narrow-minded.

    But where's Tidals record year? It's fine you believe in Tidal and Jay, but blind love/appreciation isn't any better than blind hating. You can keep on name dropping all this big companies, but what so far tells you Tidal is gonna be able to make a turn around, beside being run by Jay Z? You do realize some companies actually fails, no matter how much time you give them, right?

    Lots of people have dropped objectives concerns about Tidal and its roll out without mentioning Jays name, but for some reason you seem to completely ignore this. Why is Jay above criticism?

    How are you gonna even see a record year in 2 weeks tho??? Smh

    Keep blindly believing in Jay then
  • N YO HOOD
    N YO HOOD Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    meanwhile Baltimore is burning but hove still tweeting about tidal

    because if jay tweeted about it then it would suddenly be fixed?
    he eating off alot of these guys who are suffering in these streets wouldn't hurt to say something,to me it comes off as if he doesn't want to say anything because he doesn't want to hurt his brand

  • Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    Sion wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'm STILL waiting on somebody to explain to me where this is a lose at??? How can you invest $56 million in something meant for the long haul and in 2 weeks it be considered a lose??? I mean didn't sprint/Softbank just spend $250 million on the service....so jay spends $56 mill on a service and in a couple weeks it's already upped its worth to $250 mill and y'all are calling THIS a lose??? Damn if this is a lose what the hell do y'all consider a win lol

    Welcome to the stock market, where if Coca-Cola's stock drops 2% headlines will say Coca-Cola is going out of business - days after it announces that it cleared $20 billion and/or had a record year SMMFH. Like I said, this isn't about Jay-Z it's about seeing him lose b/c 🤬 live in a nightmare in their minds. Bookmark this thread and come back in a year. Time will tell in 3-5 years.

    This is why I don't bother, b/c when you sit down and think about it, most people can't think past a week or 2 at best. Sit down and really really think about that. Do your own plans transcend past a week or 2 ? What about what you see for yourself ? Think about it. I blame technology b/c it's made people even more dependent and unable to sit still and think b/c there's so much bombarding them. Those who see things months and years ahead will consistently be the masters of the narrow-minded.

    But where's Tidals record year? It's fine you believe in Tidal and Jay, but blind love/appreciation isn't any better than blind hating. You can keep on name dropping all this big companies, but what so far tells you Tidal is gonna be able to make a turn around, beside being run by Jay Z? You do realize some companies actually fails, no matter how much time you give them, right?

    Lots of people have dropped objectives concerns about Tidal and its roll out without mentioning Jays name, but for some reason you seem to completely ignore this. Why is Jay above criticism?

    I want to be super clear about my arguments preceding the past pages, and I made this very clear. I've said already you cannot know nor can you take 2 weeks of news and extrapolate that to say that "it is the end" of a company. The company has had issues prior for 5 long years btw (and is STILL around), this is why he was able to get it for the price he paid. I'm stating that it's enormously ignorant for people to make accusations about the company without OBJECTIVELY looking at all the facts. The company is not even America & wasn't introduced here properly until a while ago. It's not bigger than Spotify or Pandora so why it's being compared and then being considered a failure to the 3 for being smaller is ignorant. We don't know what's going to happen next, when you think about it tho, for Tidal, NOT Aspiro as a whole, it may only take for him and Beyonce to drop a collab album exclusively to turn things around for Tidal. Again, no one knows for sure but understand what you are criticizing and WHY, then try to observe how it makes sense. What is the main issue with Tidal ? Is it the price of the service ? Is it the fact that it's not taking off like a hot album on Billboard charts ? Is it the fact that it's slowly growing a subscriber base and reorganizing management that's 🤬 off an ever eager crowd ? They said GE, Coca-Cola (in 88), American Express, Apple, Nintendo, Gillette, Johnson & Johnson, ExxonMobil/Standard Oil of California was finished at various points but lo and behold look at them now. By all means Aspiro is NOT any of them and time will tell if it thrives or dies.


    I've said over and over again, "let time tell it" , "time will tell", he owns all of Aspiro and it's subsidiaries. He can always shut it down and relaunch another subsidiary of Aspiro with a new movement and plan. Again time will tell if that's necessary. I say to bookmark this thread and re-up it in a year b/c most of the posts in this thread in the last 5 pages are all subjective views that reflect 🤬 don't like Jay. If Jay-Z NEVER attached his name to this none of you 🤬 would have a 🤬 to give but b/c it's Hov 🤬 all of a sudden 🤬 have a lot to say, a month and 29 pages of this thread are filled w/ negative responses.

    I've said my piece on Jay-Z on the IC before and I'm not really a fan of dude, I RESPECT him though for his intelligence and discipline.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Im happy dude's success dont make me sick. Dude and his wife sittin on like half a billion. This venture could do whatever and they would still have....like half a bil. And personally i aint hatin at all. Cause it seems to be drivin some of yall crazy. yall not even making sense happy i aint like that. Its hilarious to see posters on here talkin bout what he should do. hilarious. Pure entertainment on here. long as thats your goal cool if yall serious tho basically smh.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    meanwhile Baltimore is burning but hove still tweeting about tidal

    because if jay tweeted about it then it would suddenly be fixed?
    he eating off alot of these guys who are suffering in these streets wouldn't hurt to say something,to me it comes off as if he doesn't want to say anything because he doesn't want to hurt his brand

    jay is eating off the businesses that are getting destroyed? eating off the folks rioting and destroying 🤬 ? eating off the peaceful protesters? eating off the police and other law agencies out there? which one of these is he "eating off" of?


    Why do people want and expect hov to say something? because he's rich AND black? if he was DMX status would people be holding their breath for him to tweet about the riots?


    and honestly, his opinion might affect his brand in a bad way, especially if he had the unpopular opinion. You still rockin with Hov if he says the rioting is stupid and "you don't see white people rioting" type 🤬 ?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHMembers Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    meanwhile Baltimore is burning but hove still tweeting about tidal

    because if jay tweeted about it then it would suddenly be fixed?
    he eating off alot of these guys who are suffering in these streets wouldn't hurt to say something,to me it comes off as if he doesn't want to say anything because he doesn't want to hurt his brand

    His brand? You are talking about the interstate drug dealer turned rapper, right? That's the guy who you think is afraid to speak on police brutality because it would ruin his reputation?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'm STILL waiting on somebody to explain to me where this is a lose at??? How can you invest $56 million in something meant for the long haul and in 2 weeks it be considered a lose??? I mean didn't sprint/Softbank just spend $250 million on the service....so jay spends $56 mill on a service and in a couple weeks it's already upped its worth to $250 mill and y'all are calling THIS a lose??? Damn if this is a lose what the hell do y'all consider a win lol

    Welcome to the stock market, where if Coca-Cola's stock drops 2% headlines will say Coca-Cola is going out of business - days after it announces that it cleared $20 billion and/or had a record year SMMFH. Like I said, this isn't about Jay-Z it's about seeing him lose b/c 🤬 live in a nightmare in their minds. Bookmark this thread and come back in a year. Time will tell in 3-5 years.

    This is why I don't bother, b/c when you sit down and think about it, most people can't think past a week or 2 at best. Sit down and really really think about that. Do your own plans transcend past a week or 2 ? What about what you see for yourself ? Think about it. I blame technology b/c it's made people even more dependent and unable to sit still and think b/c there's so much bombarding them. Those who see things months and years ahead will consistently be the masters of the narrow-minded.

    But where's Tidals record year? It's fine you believe in Tidal and Jay, but blind love/appreciation isn't any better than blind hating. You can keep on name dropping all this big companies, but what so far tells you Tidal is gonna be able to make a turn around, beside being run by Jay Z? You do realize some companies actually fails, no matter how much time you give them, right?

    Lots of people have dropped objectives concerns about Tidal and its roll out without mentioning Jays name, but for some reason you seem to completely ignore this. Why is Jay above criticism?

    I want to be super clear about my arguments preceding the past pages, and I made this very clear. I've said already you cannot know nor can you take 2 weeks of news and extrapolate that to say that "it is the end" of a company. The company has had issues prior for 5 long years btw (and is STILL around), this is why he was able to get it for the price he paid. I'm stating that it's enormously ignorant for people to make accusations about the company without OBJECTIVELY looking at all the facts. The company is not even America & wasn't introduced here properly until a while ago. It's not bigger than Spotify or Pandora so why it's being compared and then being considered a failure to the 3 for being smaller is ignorant. We don't know what's going to happen next, when you think about it tho, for Tidal, NOT Aspiro as a whole, it may only take for him and Beyonce to drop a collab album exclusively to turn things around for Tidal. Again, no one knows for sure but understand what you are criticizing and WHY, then try to observe how it makes sense. What is the main issue with Tidal ? Is it the price of the service ? Is it the fact that it's not taking off like a hot album on Billboard charts ? Is it the fact that it's slowly growing a subscriber base and reorganizing management that's 🤬 off an ever eager crowd ? They said GE, Coca-Cola (in 88), American Express, Apple, Nintendo, Gillette, Johnson & Johnson, ExxonMobil/Standard Oil of California was finished at various points but lo and behold look at them now. By all means Aspiro is NOT any of them and time will tell if it thrives or dies.


    I've said over and over again, "let time tell it" , "time will tell", he owns all of Aspiro and it's subsidiaries. He can always shut it down and relaunch another subsidiary of Aspiro with a new movement and plan. Again time will tell if that's necessary. I say to bookmark this thread and re-up it in a year b/c most of the posts in this thread in the last 5 pages are all subjective views that reflect 🤬 don't like Jay. If Jay-Z NEVER attached his name to this none of you 🤬 would have a 🤬 to give but b/c it's Hov 🤬 all of a sudden 🤬 have a lot to say, a month and 29 pages of this thread are filled w/ negative responses.

    I've said my piece on Jay-Z on the IC before and I'm not really a fan of dude, I RESPECT him though for his intelligence and discipline.


    you're making too much sense.


    people WANT to see this 🤬 fail, if you havent noticed.

    And then this ngga. 'Hov' is not lurking fam. You're not getting your mixtape on Tidal, relax
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    meanwhile Baltimore is burning but hove still tweeting about tidal

    because if jay tweeted about it then it would suddenly be fixed?
    he eating off alot of these guys who are suffering in these streets wouldn't hurt to say something,to me it comes off as if he doesn't want to say anything because he doesn't want to hurt his brand

    His brand? You are talking about the interstate drug dealer turned rapper, right? That's the guy who you think is afraid to speak on police brutality because it would ruin his reputation?

    Stop making sense bruh...
  • Stiff
    Stiff Legion of Trill BG Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you see nothing wrong with declaring a company a failure within 2 months of launching…then you're probably delusional. 🤬 been chanting gleefully of Jay-Z's "failure" since the 2nd week after launch.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy M.O.B. Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Groveshark just shut down damn

    http://recode.net/2015/04/30/grooveshark-the-free-music-service-that-used-to-scare-the-big-labels-gives-up/

    At one time, the music startup — which promised 35 million users they could “Play any song in the world, for free!” but that didn’t have deals to pay the big music labels — seemed like a problem for the music industry. Now it’s dead.

    After losing a six-year legal battle, Escape Media, the company that owns Grooveshark, is formally conceding to the music labels that sued it.

    In a settlement with Universal Music Group, Sony Music and Warner Music Group, the company’s founders are shutting down their Web site, apps and everything else they own, wiping their servers clean of music, and offering a formal apology to the industry.

    And just to drive the point home, the company is telling its users to go buy subscriptions from licensed streaming services, like Spotify, Deezer and Google Play.

    Last week, a U.S. District Court judge told a jury that Escape could be liable for up to $736 million in damages after losing a copyright case. Under the terms of the settlement, Escape doesn’t have to pay the labels anything, but would have to pay the labels $75 million if they violate the terms of the agreement.


    Whelp....what ya gonna do now lol
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy M.O.B. Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now THIS is an example of a L....
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Haaaaa (jay z voice

    PtnvsH0.jpg
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Still nigga... Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diamond push...
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Habitual Line Stepper Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'm STILL waiting on somebody to explain to me where this is a lose at??? How can you invest $56 million in something meant for the long haul and in 2 weeks it be considered a lose??? I mean didn't sprint/Softbank just spend $250 million on the service....so jay spends $56 mill on a service and in a couple weeks it's already upped its worth to $250 mill and y'all are calling THIS a lose??? Damn if this is a lose what the hell do y'all consider a win lol

    Welcome to the stock market, where if Coca-Cola's stock drops 2% headlines will say Coca-Cola is going out of business - days after it announces that it cleared $20 billion and/or had a record year SMMFH. Like I said, this isn't about Jay-Z it's about seeing him lose b/c 🤬 live in a nightmare in their minds. Bookmark this thread and come back in a year. Time will tell in 3-5 years.

    This is why I don't bother, b/c when you sit down and think about it, most people can't think past a week or 2 at best. Sit down and really really think about that. Do your own plans transcend past a week or 2 ? What about what you see for yourself ? Think about it. I blame technology b/c it's made people even more dependent and unable to sit still and think b/c there's so much bombarding them. Those who see things months and years ahead will consistently be the masters of the narrow-minded.

    But where's Tidals record year? It's fine you believe in Tidal and Jay, but blind love/appreciation isn't any better than blind hating. You can keep on name dropping all this big companies, but what so far tells you Tidal is gonna be able to make a turn around, beside being run by Jay Z? You do realize some companies actually fails, no matter how much time you give them, right?

    Lots of people have dropped objectives concerns about Tidal and its roll out without mentioning Jays name, but for some reason you seem to completely ignore this. Why is Jay above criticism?

    I want to be super clear about my arguments preceding the past pages, and I made this very clear. I've said already you cannot know nor can you take 2 weeks of news and extrapolate that to say that "it is the end" of a company. The company has had issues prior for 5 long years btw (and is STILL around), this is why he was able to get it for the price he paid. I'm stating that it's enormously ignorant for people to make accusations about the company without OBJECTIVELY looking at all the facts. The company is not even America & wasn't introduced here properly until a while ago. It's not bigger than Spotify or Pandora so why it's being compared and then being considered a failure to the 3 for being smaller is ignorant. We don't know what's going to happen next, when you think about it tho, for Tidal, NOT Aspiro as a whole, it may only take for him and Beyonce to drop a collab album exclusively to turn things around for Tidal. Again, no one knows for sure but understand what you are criticizing and WHY, then try to observe how it makes sense. What is the main issue with Tidal ? Is it the price of the service ? Is it the fact that it's not taking off like a hot album on Billboard charts ? Is it the fact that it's slowly growing a subscriber base and reorganizing management that's 🤬 off an ever eager crowd ? They said GE, Coca-Cola (in 88), American Express, Apple, Nintendo, Gillette, Johnson & Johnson, ExxonMobil/Standard Oil of California was finished at various points but lo and behold look at them now. By all means Aspiro is NOT any of them and time will tell if it thrives or dies.


    I've said over and over again, "let time tell it" , "time will tell", he owns all of Aspiro and it's subsidiaries. He can always shut it down and relaunch another subsidiary of Aspiro with a new movement and plan. Again time will tell if that's necessary. I say to bookmark this thread and re-up it in a year b/c most of the posts in this thread in the last 5 pages are all subjective views that reflect 🤬 don't like Jay. If Jay-Z NEVER attached his name to this none of you 🤬 would have a 🤬 to give but b/c it's Hov 🤬 all of a sudden 🤬 have a lot to say, a month and 29 pages of this thread are filled w/ negative responses.

    I've said my piece on Jay-Z on the IC before and I'm not really a fan of dude, I RESPECT him though for his intelligence and discipline.


    you're making too much sense.


    people WANT to see this 🤬 fail, if you havent noticed.

    And then this ngga. 'Hov' is not lurking fam. You're not getting your mixtape on Tidal, relax


    u waited 2 weeks for that response, huh.



    lmao fam locked himself in like Nas when he wrote ether

    "Aye wanna watch the game tonight"
    "Nah bruh I gotta think about this post I'm working on"
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max. wrote: »
    The user reviews on tidal are hilarious

    App crashing..glitches...can't even play 1 song without buffering

    If they're talkin bout the $20 plan what tha hell they expect? Hell we got Comco
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Groveshark just shut down damn

    http://recode.net/2015/04/30/grooveshark-the-free-music-service-that-used-to-scare-the-big-labels-gives-up/

    At one time, the music startup — which promised 35 million users they could “Play any song in the world, for free!” but that didn’t have deals to pay the big music labels — seemed like a problem for the music industry. Now it’s dead.

    After losing a six-year legal battle, Escape Media, the company that owns Grooveshark, is formally conceding to the music labels that sued it.

    In a settlement with Universal Music Group, Sony Music and Warner Music Group, the company’s founders are shutting down their Web site, apps and everything else they own, wiping their servers clean of music, and offering a formal apology to the industry.

    And just to drive the point home, the company is telling its users to go buy subscriptions from licensed streaming services, like Spotify, Deezer and Google Play.

    Last week, a U.S. District Court judge told a jury that Escape could be liable for up to $736 million in damages after losing a copyright case. Under the terms of the settlement, Escape doesn’t have to pay the labels anything, but would have to pay the labels $75 million if they violate the terms of the agreement.


    Whelp....what ya gonna do now lol

    im on free spotify and i actually purchase the albums or download the few quality hip hop albums or mixtapes that still come out. I will actually miss grooveshark more for the non hip hop 🤬 like some live shows from rock/jam bands that users self recorded and uploaded. The real ether is grooveshark got forced to have people sign up for other music streaming businesses and they ain't een mention tidal lol.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy M.O.B. Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Groveshark just shut down damn

    http://recode.net/2015/04/30/grooveshark-the-free-music-service-that-used-to-scare-the-big-labels-gives-up/

    At one time, the music startup — which promised 35 million users they could “Play any song in the world, for free!” but that didn’t have deals to pay the big music labels — seemed like a problem for the music industry. Now it’s dead.

    After losing a six-year legal battle, Escape Media, the company that owns Grooveshark, is formally conceding to the music labels that sued it.

    In a settlement with Universal Music Group, Sony Music and Warner Music Group, the company’s founders are shutting down their Web site, apps and everything else they own, wiping their servers clean of music, and offering a formal apology to the industry.

    And just to drive the point home, the company is telling its users to go buy subscriptions from licensed streaming services, like Spotify, Deezer and Google Play.

    Last week, a U.S. District Court judge told a jury that Escape could be liable for up to $736 million in damages after losing a copyright case. Under the terms of the settlement, Escape doesn’t have to pay the labels anything, but would have to pay the labels $75 million if they violate the terms of the agreement.


    Whelp....what ya gonna do now lol

    im on free spotify and i actually purchase the albums or download the few quality hip hop albums or mixtapes that still come out. I will actually miss grooveshark more for the non hip hop 🤬 like some live shows from rock/jam bands that users self recorded and uploaded. The real ether is grooveshark got forced to have people sign up for other music streaming businesses and they ain't een mention tidal lol.

    That would be ether IF it wasn't for the fact that tidal is still in business meanwhile they've been forced to shut down lol....
Sign In or Register to comment.