What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Very Complex Lyrics vs Very Simple Lyrics

5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in The Reason
Vote!

Very Complex Lyrics vs Very Simple Lyrics 33 votes

Very Complicated Lyrics
63%
beatboy1northtoledoboioptimisticnillerthekidillestni99ainneMister B.JerfyTsilverfoxxLurker6wAXed_poeticsoulbrotherThe RecipeonetoughmiracleR2_163TheManInBlack4.0Mike.macadonwooIntelligent_Hoodlum Delphaskilltothis 21 votes
Very Simple Lyrics
36%
yellowtapesportdj pre-klookdudeNothingButTheTruthshtoopidJDSTAYWITITLab BabySweat jonesKamPushMe5 Grandbck145GunTown 12 votes

Comments

• Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Complicated Lyrics
    Depends..

If im bumpin up the block in the whip or at the club, i want sum melodic bass heavy type music so simple lyrics may suffice
    but if im at the crib chillin or have headphones on then the lyrics matter more and i might wanna hear sum technical rhymes
  • 5 Grand
    Very Simple Lyrics
    Depends..

If im bumpin up the block in the whip or at the club, i want sum melodic bass heavy type music so simple lyrics may suffice
    but if im at the crib chillin or have headphones on then the lyrics matter more and i might wanna hear sum technical rhymes

So vote
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Very Complicated Lyrics
    Lol it aint that simple, i cant like both?

edit; 🤬 it, i voted
  • northtoledoboi
    northtoledoboi 419Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
    Very Complicated Lyrics
    Complicated = Creativity
  • bck145
    bck145 East CoastMembers Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Simple Lyrics
    Define this complicated as in it takes time to understand or complicated as in the way the words are pieced together
  • bck145
    bck145 East CoastMembers Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Simple Lyrics
    Actually 🤬 it, rap should be straight forward and in your face
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderMembers, Moderators Posts: 45,690 Regulator
    Vote or die
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    This is too vague of a poll. You can have simple lyrics if the storytelling is good or the artist is crafting a creative song.
  • 5 Grand
    Very Simple Lyrics
    I think words are more powerful when the speaker is using simple language.

There's nothing that's so complicated that you can't explain it to a 5th grader.

A 5th grader should be able to listen to a rapper and jam to his music. When he gets older maybe he'll find hidden messages.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Parts Unknown via BrooklynMembers Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Simple Lyrics
    BIG and Pac are considered the two best to ever do it, and their rhymes are simple as hell. Their subject matter tho was so complex you can still catch hidden gems in their lyrics. Complexity kills the purpose of music... but I don't mind killing 5 minutes to decipher a verse from a Killah Priest or a Canibus.
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Very Simple Lyrics
    i'd rather an artist say a lot using a few words. complex lyrics can be dope when there's a purpose behind it, but i can't stand when a 🤬 uses a whole bunch big words on a boring ass beat just to talk about a whole bunch of nothing.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might sound stupid, but complex simple lyrics are my favourite type of lyrics, that make sense??? haha

For example, Masta Ace, Vinine Paz and 2Pac are the best at this, its so simple (but still complex and intelligent) you think why cant I think of that...
  • water ur seeds
    shtoopid wrote: »
    i'd rather an artist say a lot using a few words. complex lyrics can be dope when there's a purpose behind it, but i can't stand when a 🤬 uses a whole bunch big words on a boring ass beat just to talk about a whole bunch of nothing.

Yeah man, thats what I was getting, well said...

Like you say, pure complex lyrics are dope at times and like you say when theres a purpose... Papoose is an example over/pointless complex lyrics...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemonade was a popular drink, and it still is.
  • beatboy1
    beatboy1 Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    Very Complicated Lyrics
    This might sound stupid, but complex simple lyrics are my favourite type of lyrics, that make sense??? haha

For example, Masta Ace, Vinine Paz and 2Pac are the best at this, its so simple (but still complex and intelligent) you think why cant I think of that...

dont sound stupid to me. I know what you mean
  • water ur seeds
    beatboy1 wrote: »

dont sound stupid to me. I know what you mean

Haha props, glad its not just me in my own world.
  • Sweat jones
    Sweat jones Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Very Simple Lyrics
    The smartest people can put the most complicated things in the simplest terms

And

The dumbest people use the biggest words to make them look smart.

• Sweat jones
    Sweat jones Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Very Simple Lyrics
    plus in my experience when pulling a women its best to keep your 🤬 short and simple.

A quick one, two then you walk and then they will come to you.

Less is more
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Simple Lyrics
    Came here to say less is more and cuz u don't understand him it don't mean that he nice lol
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Complicated Lyrics
    so this thread is basically asking nas or chief keef?

jay elec or riff raff?
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the mood I'm in
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Very Simple Lyrics
    Jay Z, Nas, Slaughterhouse, Canibus, Andre 3000, Lupe Fiasco, Ghostface, Inspectah Deck, Chino XL, Killer Mike, Jay Electronica, Talib Kweli, Common, Cormega, J Cole, Rakim, Big Pun, Kool G Rap, Notorious B.I.G, Big L, Big Boi, Method Man, AZ, KRS-One, Brand Nubian etc

Complex rappers as far as Lyrics and i don't enjoy any of their music or any other rappers that are highly complex as far as lyrics. I don't enjoy their music at all it bores me to death

Simple and effective lyrics, straight to the point, straight from the heart>>>>>>>>>
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Very Simple Lyrics
    shtoopid wrote: »
    i can't stand when a 🤬 uses a whole bunch big words on a boring ass beat just to talk about a whole bunch of nothing.

99.9% of the world feels about this

To this day i don't get how there is IC posters that enjoy hearing this they can't be human
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt STREET MILITARY till Infinity !!!! Members Posts: 10,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    more words don't always equal more complex