What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Baltimore gets bloodier as arrests drop post-Freddie Gray

12346

Comments

  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    you can knock over one domino,

    you can even knock over a few dominoes,

    you can even still knock over one domino that will take other dominoes down with it..

    but if those dominoes are close with out anything between them....you know have a solid force that cant be knocked over...only pushed. and it will resemble a weapon someone doesnt want upside their head.

  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The violence and despair is the result of racial discrimination and failed government policy

    Just a few years ago, Wells Fargo agreed to pay millions of dollars to Bmore and its residents to settle a landmark lawsuit brought by the city claiming the bank unfairly steered minorities who wanted to own homes into subprime mortgages

    Before that, there was the 🤬 epidemic of the 90s and the rise of mass incarceration

    Than there was the decline of good industrial jobs in the 80s

    Before all that, blk families were displaced in Baltimore to build new highways, schools and housing projects. Pieces of their neighborhoods including play grounds bulldozed

    And there was redlining, a practice where banks refused to lend at all in blk neighborhoods

    I seen it happen in Detroit

    Inequality, created over the years by active decisions and government policies that have again and again dismantled the same communities, each time making them socially, economically, and politically weaker

    The violence needs to end, but how can we ask young ppl many of whom are from impoverished broken homes to change this "🤬 the world" mindset when its more than obvious they are not valued members of society...
    That's putting the cart before the horse

    With all due respect, this is 🤬 to some degree. I say some degree because I don't think you're wrong outright, but at some point, we have to acknowledge we have bad seeds in our community and they need to be handled. There are plenty of poor communities all over America. They haven't all turned into Baltimore, Chicago, and Detroit. Blacks have caught a raw deal in this country, but ya'll have to stop acting like that explains or excuses madness like this. At some point, ya'll are going to have to admit that there is negative 🤬 in our community that we are responsible for and we have to fix before we can ever take on the threats from outside.

    When cats in Baltimore were destroying their own hood because they were supposedly angry with the police, ya'll were defending them. Now that the cops have fallen back, are those people showing the world that the cops were wrong to look at them the way they did? No, they are proving them right. All of this is on the people in that community. There comes a time when you have to stop point fingers at others and take a look at yourself.

    Bruh

    There's a difference between making excuses and acknowledging the environment which breeds this toxic behavior

    Unless a person already a bigot, the violence perpetrated by im sure a small number of citizens compared to that of the law abiding citizens of west bmore and beyond, doesn't come close to justifying how the police have terrorized blk bmore residents

    The city has a long and storied history of police misconduct and the subsequent pay outs paid with millions in tax payer money

    Again as i already stated the violence must stop...but its not as simple as a change in mindset ... and it has to begin with addressing poverty

    If we give the youth purpose and opportunities to make money with afterschool initiatives, for example, maybe they wouldn't join a gang or sell drugs to fill those voids

    And what about building more rehabilitation clinics for addicts

    We lower poverty rates, drug abuse and gang activity that would cut the murder rate in half...maybe even more

    Nobody is saying that those things can't be done, but why can there never be a discussion about anything that black people do wrong without trying to act like 100% of the blame lies outside of the community. There are things you can do to improve the situation in Baltimore, but that doesn't mean that things will automatically turn around. There are bad eggs there and they aren't going to suddenly start being good eggs because people are doing nice things in the community. Hell, if those nice things impeded on their interests, they would likely resist the changes. That has happened too.

    Like I said before, I'm not saying you were wrong with your first post. And you're not wrong with this post. It's just annoying how every time there is a discussion about some bad behavior within the community, someone always runs in trying to act like blacks are incapable of being accountable for their own actions. Regardless of what white people do to us, we make our own choices. Blacks have always been 🤬 on in this country, but we weren't always killing each other by the dozen every weekend.


    With the exception of slavery, never have blacks
    lived in such tight quarters either... once upon a time most blks lived in rural areas

    You're gonna see more violent crime in cities and urban areas for obvious reasons

    Couple that with gangs fighting for drug territory, poverty, high unemployment rate and you have a powder keg

    Its no coincidence with the 🤬 epidemic we seen a spike violence in major cities across america

    And respectability politics in all its forms is nothing new..

    From the W.E.B. Du Bois and Bill Cosbys of the world, the message of self accountability, having a high moral character, and self reliance has always had a big following

    Its as popular today as it ever was

    Take for instance how most mainstream media, politicians, public figures framed the riots as the result of misbehaving children, and a general lack of discipline stemming from disorderly families... the majority of posters here shared the same sentiments

    Little to no mention of reports from teachers and other community members who say the police were the main instigators

    There is a conversation to be had about our role in the destruction of our neighborhoods, but my problem with what ur saying and respectability politics as a whole is too often "black culture" is used as a scape goat ...

    That and i don't believe most drug dealers, gang members, etc were born bad ppl...which has essentially been my argument

    There is a multitude of reasons why they behave the way that they do

    Flowers generally don't bloom for the concrete...same concept

    So 🤬 are commiting violent crimes because we live in close living quarters. Gotcha. Lol

    Not reading anything further in your post just based off that.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The violence and despair is the result of racial discrimination and failed government policy

    Just a few years ago, Wells Fargo agreed to pay millions of dollars to Bmore and its residents to settle a landmark lawsuit brought by the city claiming the bank unfairly steered minorities who wanted to own homes into subprime mortgages

    Before that, there was the 🤬 epidemic of the 90s and the rise of mass incarceration

    Than there was the decline of good industrial jobs in the 80s

    Before all that, blk families were displaced in Baltimore to build new highways, schools and housing projects. Pieces of their neighborhoods including play grounds bulldozed

    And there was redlining, a practice where banks refused to lend at all in blk neighborhoods

    I seen it happen in Detroit

    Inequality, created over the years by active decisions and government policies that have again and again dismantled the same communities, each time making them socially, economically, and politically weaker

    The violence needs to end, but how can we ask young ppl many of whom are from impoverished broken homes to change this "🤬 the world" mindset when its more than obvious they are not valued members of society...
    That's putting the cart before the horse

    With all due respect, this is 🤬 to some degree. I say some degree because I don't think you're wrong outright, but at some point, we have to acknowledge we have bad seeds in our community and they need to be handled. There are plenty of poor communities all over America. They haven't all turned into Baltimore, Chicago, and Detroit. Blacks have caught a raw deal in this country, but ya'll have to stop acting like that explains or excuses madness like this. At some point, ya'll are going to have to admit that there is negative 🤬 in our community that we are responsible for and we have to fix before we can ever take on the threats from outside.

    When cats in Baltimore were destroying their own hood because they were supposedly angry with the police, ya'll were defending them. Now that the cops have fallen back, are those people showing the world that the cops were wrong to look at them the way they did? No, they are proving them right. All of this is on the people in that community. There comes a time when you have to stop point fingers at others and take a look at yourself.

    Bruh

    There's a difference between making excuses and acknowledging the environment which breeds this toxic behavior

    Unless a person already a bigot, the violence perpetrated by im sure a small number of citizens compared to that of the law abiding citizens of west bmore and beyond, doesn't come close to justifying how the police have terrorized blk bmore residents

    The city has a long and storied history of police misconduct and the subsequent pay outs paid with millions in tax payer money

    Again as i already stated the violence must stop...but its not as simple as a change in mindset ... and it has to begin with addressing poverty

    If we give the youth purpose and opportunities to make money with afterschool initiatives, for example, maybe they wouldn't join a gang or sell drugs to fill those voids

    And what about building more rehabilitation clinics for addicts

    We lower poverty rates, drug abuse and gang activity that would cut the murder rate in half...maybe even more

    Nobody is saying that those things can't be done, but why can there never be a discussion about anything that black people do wrong without trying to act like 100% of the blame lies outside of the community. There are things you can do to improve the situation in Baltimore, but that doesn't mean that things will automatically turn around. There are bad eggs there and they aren't going to suddenly start being good eggs because people are doing nice things in the community. Hell, if those nice things impeded on their interests, they would likely resist the changes. That has happened too.

    Like I said before, I'm not saying you were wrong with your first post. And you're not wrong with this post. It's just annoying how every time there is a discussion about some bad behavior within the community, someone always runs in trying to act like blacks are incapable of being accountable for their own actions. Regardless of what white people do to us, we make our own choices. Blacks have always been 🤬 on in this country, but we weren't always killing each other by the dozen every weekend.


    With the exception of slavery, never have blacks
    lived in such tight quarters either... once upon a time most blks lived in rural areas

    You're gonna see more violent crime in cities and urban areas for obvious reasons

    Couple that with gangs fighting for drug territory, poverty, high unemployment rate and you have a powder keg

    Its no coincidence with the 🤬 epidemic we seen a spike violence in major cities across america

    And respectability politics in all its forms is nothing new..

    From the W.E.B. Du Bois and Bill Cosbys of the world, the message of self accountability, having a high moral character, and self reliance has always had a big following

    Its as popular today as it ever was

    Take for instance how most mainstream media, politicians, public figures framed the riots as the result of misbehaving children, and a general lack of discipline stemming from disorderly families... the majority of posters here shared the same sentiments

    Little to no mention of reports from teachers and other community members who say the police were the main instigators

    There is a conversation to be had about our role in the destruction of our neighborhoods, but my problem with what ur saying and respectability politics as a whole is too often "black culture" is used as a scape goat ...

    That and i don't believe most drug dealers, gang members, etc were born bad ppl...which has essentially been my argument

    There is a multitude of reasons why they behave the way that they do

    Flowers generally don't bloom for the concrete...same concept

    So 🤬 are commiting violent crimes because we live in close living quarters. Gotcha. Lol

    Not reading anything further in your post just based off that.

    It's just the liberal feminist tripe of blaming others for your problems unnecessarily
  • rabbitfood
    rabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never become compliant with complacency.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Brooklyn,NYMembers Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, based on the arguments of some of yall, all we need is jobs and drug legalization to stop crime and killing s in the hood, right?? Smh This mentality is exactly why 🤬 will never change. We've become a bunch of irresponsible children who do 🤬 , then when trouble comes, claim that it's not our fault. Society did this to us. Society forces us into gangs. Society has us pick up guns and 🤬 people that look like us. Society has us killing people with drugs that look like us in our own communities. Here's my question: what part of your life and your life decisions are U responsible for?? 🤬 in here singing the same damn song and wondering why their life prospects haven't changed. Good luck with that. Lmao @ comparing personal responsibility with 🤬 Limbaugh or Hannity say. Yall 🤬 are truly lost

    On the job part We need to create our own jobs and our own businesses. This is why the civil rights generation and generation x failed us. They were focused on integration not building a separate economic base like the Asians, Arabs or Hispanics do. White folks dont care about us at all.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Legion of Trill BG Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    So, based on the arguments of some of yall, all we need is jobs and drug legalization to stop crime and killing s in the hood, right?? Smh This mentality is exactly why 🤬 will never change. We've become a bunch of irresponsible children who do 🤬 , then when trouble comes, claim that it's not our fault. Society did this to us. Society forces us into gangs. Society has us pick up guns and 🤬 people that look like us. Society has us killing people with drugs that look like us in our own communities. Here's my question: what part of your life and your life decisions are U responsible for?? 🤬 in here singing the same damn song and wondering why their life prospects haven't changed. Good luck with that. Lmao @ comparing personal responsibility with 🤬 Limbaugh or Hannity say. Yall 🤬 are truly lost

    So you believe that if Blacks had equal access to opportunities and resources as Whites or other minorities, the murder rate would still be just as high?

    The bolded is ironic because "personal responsibility" is pretty much the manifesto of limbaugh, hannity, and o'reilly in a nutshell. The whole pull-yourself-up-by-your-bootstraps no matter what, thing.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth stew Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    So, based on the arguments of some of yall, all we need is jobs and drug legalization to stop crime and killing s in the hood, right?? Smh This mentality is exactly why 🤬 will never change. We've become a bunch of irresponsible children who do 🤬 , then when trouble comes, claim that it's not our fault. Society did this to us. Society forces us into gangs. Society has us pick up guns and 🤬 people that look like us. Society has us killing people with drugs that look like us in our own communities. Here's my question: what part of your life and your life decisions are U responsible for?? 🤬 in here singing the same damn song and wondering why their life prospects haven't changed. Good luck with that. Lmao @ comparing personal responsibility with 🤬 Limbaugh or Hannity say. Yall 🤬 are truly lost

    Umm.... yes, that would be a start. People commit crimes FOR A REASON. If everyone had a job, a cash flow, and something to live for, they would be less likely to commit a crime. When's the last time you robbed someone, or shot at somebody? Why is that?

    And your ignorance is on one hundred right now, acting as if systematic racism doesn't play a significant part. First off, where did the guns and drugs come from smart one? Why are we sentenced to much longer prison time for the same crimes? Why are so many black men, the leader of the black family, locked up? You can't be serious. We were just "granted" the right to vote 50 years ago. The United States of America is a capitalist society, and a lot of us came from slavery or $0 to our name, so what does that tell you? The situation a lot of black people are in is filled with desperation and finding a way to survive and put food on the table, which is by design. Stop acting like it's not a dog eat dog world out here.

    The system we're in is heavily stacked against us, and you either get it or you don't. The hiring managers are racist, the police are racist, the judge is racist, black people are racist against each other (people like you), people are gullible enough to believe the media as fact (people like you SMH).

    I also would like to add that black people are making huge strides, but they, as in the media and the statisticians will NEVER let you know the truth, because they do not want a positive morale push. They're attacking the mind of you gullible 🤬 who will continue to bask in negativity, because you don't know any better.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Brooklyn,NYMembers Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, based on the arguments of some of yall, all we need is jobs and drug legalization to stop crime and killing s in the hood, right?? Smh This mentality is exactly why 🤬 will never change. We've become a bunch of irresponsible children who do 🤬 , then when trouble comes, claim that it's not our fault. Society did this to us. Society forces us into gangs. Society has us pick up guns and 🤬 people that look like us. Society has us killing people with drugs that look like us in our own communities. Here's my question: what part of your life and your life decisions are U responsible for?? 🤬 in here singing the same damn song and wondering why their life prospects haven't changed. Good luck with that. Lmao @ comparing personal responsibility with 🤬 Limbaugh or Hannity say. Yall 🤬 are truly lost

    Umm.... yes, that would be a start. People commit crimes FOR A REASON. If everyone had a job, a cash flow, and something to live for, they would be less likely to commit a crime. When's the last time you robbed someone, or shot at somebody? Why is that?

    And your ignorance is on one hundred right now, acting as if systematic racism doesn't play a significant part. First off, where did the guns and drugs come from smart one? Why are we sentenced to much longer prison time for the same crimes? Why are so many black men, the leader of the black family, locked up? You can't be serious. We were just "granted" the right to vote 50 years ago. The United States of America is a capitalist society, and a lot of us came from slavery or $0 to our name, so what does that tell you? The situation a lot of black people are in is filled with desperation and finding a way to survive and put food on the table, which is by design. Stop acting like it's not a dog eat dog world out here.

    The system we're in is heavily stacked against us, and you either get it or you don't. The hiring managers are racist, the police are racist, the judge is racist, black people are racist against each other (people like you), people are gullible enough to believe the media as fact (people like you SMH).

    I also would like to add that black people are making huge strides, but they, as in the media and the statisticians will NEVER let you know the truth, because they do not want a positive morale push. They're attacking the mind of you gullible 🤬 who will continue to bask in negativity, because you don't know any better.

    On the drugs and guns part nobody ever looks at where they come from? The DEA weeks ago found out it had agents in sex parties hosted by south american drug cartels. Its widley known that the DEA has agents who are bought off by Mexican drug cartels to allow drugs into the ghetto. Iran Contra anybody? The Mexican govt has close ties to drug cartels and only persecute their rivals in their behalf.

    Also the guns is an issue not discussed. Here in NYC we have the strictest gun laws and yet shooting and shooting murders has gone up 15% this year from all of last year. 90% of guns used in crime come from out of state. Interstate gun traffickers are not persecuted and are hard to catch since there is so many loopholes. Most these traffickers straw purchase guns in bulk in 2 or 3 states and sell them to gangs and drug dealers. The feds are unwilling to stop them. So we have to do it ourselves.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    So, based on the arguments of some of yall, all we need is jobs and drug legalization to stop crime and killing s in the hood, right?? Smh This mentality is exactly why 🤬 will never change. We've become a bunch of irresponsible children who do 🤬 , then when trouble comes, claim that it's not our fault. Society did this to us. Society forces us into gangs. Society has us pick up guns and 🤬 people that look like us. Society has us killing people with drugs that look like us in our own communities. Here's my question: what part of your life and your life decisions are U responsible for?? 🤬 in here singing the same damn song and wondering why their life prospects haven't changed. Good luck with that. Lmao @ comparing personal responsibility with 🤬 Limbaugh or Hannity say. Yall 🤬 are truly lost

    Umm.... yes, that would be a start. People commit crimes FOR A REASON. If everyone had a job, a cash flow, and something to live for, they would be less likely to commit a crime. When's the last time you robbed someone, or shot at somebody? Why is that?

    And your ignorance is on one hundred right now, acting as if systematic racism doesn't play a significant part. First off, where did the guns and drugs come from smart one? Why are we sentenced to much longer prison time for the same crimes? Why are so many black men, the leader of the black family, locked up? You can't be serious. We were just "granted" the right to vote 50 years ago. The United States of America is a capitalist society, and a lot of us came from slavery or $0 to our name, so what does that tell you? The situation a lot of black people are in is filled with desperation and finding a way to survive and put food on the table, which is by design. Stop acting like it's not a dog eat dog world out here.

    The system we're in is heavily stacked against us, and you either get it or you don't. The hiring managers are racist, the police are racist, the judge is racist, black people are racist against each other (people like you), people are gullible enough to believe the media as fact (people like you SMH).

    I also would like to add that black people are making huge strides, but they, as in the media and the statisticians will NEVER let you know the truth, because they do not want a positive morale push. They're attacking the mind of you gullible 🤬 who will continue to bask in negativity, because you don't know any better.

    On the drugs and guns part nobody ever looks at where they come from? The DEA weeks ago found out it had agents in sex parties hosted by south american drug cartels. Its widley known that the DEA has agents who are bought off by Mexican drug cartels to allow drugs into the ghetto. Iran Contra anybody? The Mexican govt has close ties to drug cartels and only persecute their rivals in their behalf.

    Also the guns is an issue not discussed. Here in NYC we have the strictest gun laws and yet shooting and shooting murders has gone up 15% this year from all of last year. 90% of guns used in crime come from out of state. Interstate gun traffickers are not persecuted and are hard to catch since there is so many loopholes. Most these traffickers straw purchase guns in bulk in 2 or 3 states and sell them to gangs and drug dealers. The feds are unwilling to stop them. So we have to do it ourselves.

    having a gun .....hmmm
    we can go back to personal responsibility.

    i have a gun. used to carry it with me.

    but i wasnt a want nothing type dude...so i left it home. truth be told...i wasnt gonna 🤬 nobody that wasnt coming into my home.

    if i took an L ...i took that L.
    if anything more happened...i needed to look at how i got into that situation.

    if it was random...it goes back to taking that L.

    having a gun to feel more powerful..well thats weak 🤬 .

    simply because its not being used in the right manner.

  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth stew Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hue wrote: »
    🤬 where the 🤬 did I say that we shouldn't be responsible for our actions? What trips me out is how 🤬 like you that 🤬 on Fox News for speaking on black on black crime when a pig kills one of us then turn right around and say the same 🤬 . The truth is that if you're going to be killed by somebody, it's gonna be somebody that looks just like you.

    ok....so why let criminal run rampant in our hoods.....

    why is the no snitching thing have such a grip on our hoods?

    What is this, us vs. them mentality between our own people? The criminal in this country is anyone with brown skin, and the criminals in our hoods are our misguided cousins, friends, and nephews. You sound like white people.

    And lol @ attacking "no snitching". Why don't you ask the police force and the corporations the same thing? No one snitches on their own group of people, and someone with my overview of the system is not sending a young misguided individual to prison/slavery over doing what he deems necessary to feed his family.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Legion of Trill BG Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hue wrote: »
    🤬 where the 🤬 did I say that we shouldn't be responsible for our actions? What trips me out is how 🤬 like you that 🤬 on Fox News for speaking on black on black crime when a pig kills one of us then turn right around and say the same 🤬 . The truth is that if you're going to be killed by somebody, it's gonna be somebody that looks just like you.

    ok....so why let criminal run rampant in our hoods.....

    why is the no snitching thing have such a grip on our hoods?

    What is this, us vs. them mentality between our own people? The criminal in this country is anyone with brown skin, and the criminals in our hoods are our misguided cousins, friends, and nephews. You sound like white people.

    And lol @ attacking "no snitching". Why don't you ask the police force and the corporations the same thing? No one snitches on their own group of people, and someone with my overview of the system is not sending a young misguided individual to prison/slavery over doing what he deems necessary to feed his family.

    and this is the thing that gets me that people keep saying in this thread…they keep talking as if these "criminals" are some outside invading force that landed in the neighborhoods and and are wreaking havoc…

    these are still human beings…people that we grew up with…people that we share bloodlines with…same cousin that used to be over at auntie house on Sunday..

    it's indicative of the same problem that society as a whole has…failure to recognize the humanity in entire groups of people.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth stew Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    So, based on the arguments of some of yall, all we need is jobs and drug legalization to stop crime and killing s in the hood, right?? Smh This mentality is exactly why 🤬 will never change. We've become a bunch of irresponsible children who do 🤬 , then when trouble comes, claim that it's not our fault. Society did this to us. Society forces us into gangs. Society has us pick up guns and 🤬 people that look like us. Society has us killing people with drugs that look like us in our own communities. Here's my question: what part of your life and your life decisions are U responsible for?? 🤬 in here singing the same damn song and wondering why their life prospects haven't changed. Good luck with that. Lmao @ comparing personal responsibility with 🤬 Limbaugh or Hannity say. Yall 🤬 are truly lost

    On the job part We need to create our own jobs and our own businesses. This is why the civil rights generation and generation x failed us. They were focused on integration not building a separate economic base like the Asians, Arabs or Hispanics do. White folks dont care about us at all.

    Truth, but you know the hard-headed always got to see it/feel it to believe it. Now our generation seems to think that economic independence within the same country that has their foot on our throats is the answer, but I believe that will also fail if it is not supported by an outside entity, which is what happened with Black Wallstreet. The problem is, people lack foresight, so once again, they will have to see it happen before they move onto another solution.

    I don't see why the rule they have in place wouldn't simply shut it down, like they did in the past. All they have to do is use the same media outlets that has the people in this thread talking crazy, to justify shutting it down. And then we will be back to square zero.

    Nonetheless, it's a step forward.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Stiff wrote: »
    The Hue wrote: »
    🤬 where the 🤬 did I say that we shouldn't be responsible for our actions? What trips me out is how 🤬 like you that 🤬 on Fox News for speaking on black on black crime when a pig kills one of us then turn right around and say the same 🤬 . The truth is that if you're going to be killed by somebody, it's gonna be somebody that looks just like you.

    ok....so why let criminal run rampant in our hoods.....

    why is the no snitching thing have such a grip on our hoods?

    What is this, us vs. them mentality between our own people? The criminal in this country is anyone with brown skin, and the criminals in our hoods are our misguided cousins, friends, and nephews. You sound like white people.

    And lol @ attacking "no snitching". Why don't you ask the police force and the corporations the same thing? No one snitches on their own group of people, and someone with my overview of the system is not sending a young misguided individual to prison/slavery over doing what he deems necessary to feed his family.

    and this is the thing that gets me that people keep saying in this thread…they keep talking as if these "criminals" are some outside invading force that landed in the neighborhoods and and are wreaking havoc…

    these are still human beings…people that we grew up with…people that we share bloodlines with…same cousin that used to be over at auntie house on Sunday..

    it's indicative of the same problem that society as a whole has…failure to recognize the humanity in entire groups of people.

    those criminal cousins and 🤬 need to either be cut off or dealt with with a long stick.

    just because they are family dont mean 🤬 .

    bruh...i learned the hard way about family......

    you need to raise you own family first....you need to self preserve first.

    those cousins and 🤬 have nothing to lose...and they inturn part of the problem.

    we need to lose a few to gain a future...so be it.

    you cant take everyone along for the ride.....otherwise you will never get anywhere.

    an why should they come for the ride...they only gonna fukk it up an bring down the progress.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Legion of Trill BG Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »
    The Hue wrote: »
    🤬 where the 🤬 did I say that we shouldn't be responsible for our actions? What trips me out is how 🤬 like you that 🤬 on Fox News for speaking on black on black crime when a pig kills one of us then turn right around and say the same 🤬 . The truth is that if you're going to be killed by somebody, it's gonna be somebody that looks just like you.

    ok....so why let criminal run rampant in our hoods.....

    why is the no snitching thing have such a grip on our hoods?

    What is this, us vs. them mentality between our own people? The criminal in this country is anyone with brown skin, and the criminals in our hoods are our misguided cousins, friends, and nephews. You sound like white people.

    And lol @ attacking "no snitching". Why don't you ask the police force and the corporations the same thing? No one snitches on their own group of people, and someone with my overview of the system is not sending a young misguided individual to prison/slavery over doing what he deems necessary to feed his family.

    and this is the thing that gets me that people keep saying in this thread…they keep talking as if these "criminals" are some outside invading force that landed in the neighborhoods and and are wreaking havoc…

    these are still human beings…people that we grew up with…people that we share bloodlines with…same cousin that used to be over at auntie house on Sunday..

    it's indicative of the same problem that society as a whole has…failure to recognize the humanity in entire groups of people.

    those criminal cousins and 🤬 need to either be cut off or dealt with with a long stick.

    just because they are family dont mean 🤬 .

    bruh...i learned the hard way about family......

    you need to raise you own family first....you need to self preserve first.

    those cousins and 🤬 have nothing to lose...and they inturn part of the problem.

    we need to lose a few to gain a future...so be it.

    you cant take everyone along for the ride.....otherwise you will never get anywhere.

    an why should they come for the ride...they only gonna fukk it up an bring down the progress.

    So what's the cut-off then..cut off 14 year olds and up? 13 ? Or as soon as junior gets suspended from school in the 3rd grade for the first time just drive him out to the woods and leave him?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blacktux wrote: »
    @manofmorehouse brother thank you for speaking on behalf of us that still have pride despite the conditions we face.

    Some of yall should be ashamed of yourself to really believe a white hand has to move for change or reform to happen within our communities.

    threads like this never seem to amaze me... both sides have valid points but 🤬 on the "blacks gotta do better" side will not admit that the system is set up to go against us... yet the people on the other side will not take responsibility for their actions... both sides are too stubborn to meet in the middle... and that's the real reason our community is the way it is...
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we all know that this society is against us so why should we makes excuses for the people that willingly pay into the hands of the enemy????? that's 🤬 stupid. A portion of the black community must just be 🤬 stupid.

    and 🤬 meeting in the middle with idiots
  • Stiff
    Stiff Legion of Trill BG Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blacktux wrote: »
    @manofmorehouse brother thank you for speaking on behalf of us that still have pride despite the conditions we face.

    Some of yall should be ashamed of yourself to really believe a white hand has to move for change or reform to happen within our communities.

    threads like this never seem to amaze me... both sides have valid points but 🤬 on the "blacks gotta do better" side will not admit that the system is set up to go against us... yet the people on the other side will not take responsibility for their actions... both sides are too stubborn to meet in the middle... and that's the real reason our community is the way it is...

    It's kind of this snobbery that exists amongst some Black people that's being shown here..they have this mindset "well I made it so everybody should make it" without realizing that for a Black person from a poor Black neighborhood to succeed the odds are against them..it's very possible..but the odds are against them..and intentionally so. So now I don't have pride because I'm interesting in improving those odds?

    I happen to believe that Black children are just as capable of success as any other group of children..they just need a shot. It ain't about "hand outs from the white man" , or "victim mentality" and all these other laughable strawmans they keep coming up with.. it's about acknowledging that society created the mess..so society has a role in cleaning it up. Black people absolutely have work to do on ourselves…but do you think that if the world had told jews "yeah the holocaust was kind of bad but it's time to get over that and pull yourselves up"..and then systemically launched campaigns to stymie their progression..and they had unemployment rates that dwarfed Great Depression numbers...that Jews wouldn't be out here in their own ghettos right now shooting each other up the same way?

    The "solution" that y'all are coming up with for crime in our communities is basically "hey, cut that 🤬 out". Some of us like to believe that there are deeper root issues that need to be acknowledged and addressed on a large scale in order to progress as a people.


  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    we all know that this society is against us so why should we makes excuses for the people that willingly pay into the hands of the enemy????? that's 🤬 stupid. A portion of the black community must just be 🤬 stupid.

    and 🤬 meeting in the middle with idiots

    shyts not going to change then... so you just wasting your time... energy and bytchin for no reason...
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be this thought that because people brought drugs into our communities, because we don't manufacture guns, etc.that we're supposed to just take them. Again, I uprew u in south central la. IT'S nothing cool about 76th and crenshaw. The high school I went to was littered with teachers that didn't give a 🤬 , gangs, etc. But even at that age, life is about choices. I had friends that used to ditch every day to go smoke, or do run outs at liquor stores, etc. I wasn't on that. I had family members lose their lives over 🤬 . So I chose differently. Got good grades, went to college. None of the 🤬 was easy, and maybe that's what yall are getting caught up on. Regardeless, if you know nothing else, u should understand that all the decisions u make have consequences. 🤬 just always want to blame any and everything on their own failures. "i didn't know stealing this car was wrong, u mean to tell me u can go to jail for selling drugs?? The white man stay with his foot on my neck, if I was in the illuminati my life would be better". Whatever u have to tell yourself to feel better about the decisions u make go ahead. Then, once u make it back to the real world, tell me how that works out for u. I honestly blame single parent households that coddle young black men. 🤬 work ethic is pathetic now. I don't know about yall but my parents and grandparents and every other black person when I was growing up to old me I'd have to work harder than whites to get ahead. So why the 🤬 are yall acting so surprised now?? Buy I'm the ignorant one?? Lmao ok buddy
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »
    blacktux wrote: »
    @manofmorehouse brother thank you for speaking on behalf of us that still have pride despite the conditions we face.

    Some of yall should be ashamed of yourself to really believe a white hand has to move for change or reform to happen within our communities.

    threads like this never seem to amaze me... both sides have valid points but 🤬 on the "blacks gotta do better" side will not admit that the system is set up to go against us... yet the people on the other side will not take responsibility for their actions... both sides are too stubborn to meet in the middle... and that's the real reason our community is the way it is...

    It's kind of this snobbery that exists amongst some Black people that's being shown here..they have this mindset "well I made it so everybody should make it" without realizing that for a Black person from a poor Black neighborhood to succeed the odds are against them..it's very possible..but the odds are against them..and intentionally so. So now I don't have pride because I'm interesting in improving those odds?

    I happen to believe that Black children are just as capable of success as any other group of children..they just need a shot. It ain't about "hand outs from the white man" , or "victim mentality" and all these other laughable strawmans they keep coming up with.. it's about acknowledging that society created the mess..so society has a role in cleaning it up. Black people absolutely have work to do on ourselves…but do you think that if the world had told jews "yeah the holocaust was kind of bad but it's time to get over that and pull yourselves up"..and then systemically launched campaigns to stymie their progression..and they had unemployment rates that dwarfed Great Depression numbers...that Jews wouldn't be out here in their own ghettos right now shooting each other up the same way?

    The "solution" that y'all are coming up with for crime in our communities is basically "hey, cut that 🤬 out". Some of us like to believe that there are deeper root issues that need to be acknowledged and addressed on a large scale in order to progress as a people.


    the thing about it is that those jews used to be in those ghettos before ww2 and they did not act the way we act today.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    we all know that this society is against us so why should we makes excuses for the people that willingly pay into the hands of the enemy????? that's 🤬 stupid. A portion of the black community must just be 🤬 stupid.

    and 🤬 meeting in the middle with idiots

    shyts not going to change then... so you just wasting your time... energy and bytchin for no reason...

    NO things can change but first people like you have to stop making excuses for these losers not rising to the occasion.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    blacktux wrote: »
    @manofmorehouse brother thank you for speaking on behalf of us that still have pride despite the conditions we face.

    Some of yall should be ashamed of yourself to really believe a white hand has to move for change or reform to happen within our communities.

    threads like this never seem to amaze me... both sides have valid points but 🤬 on the "blacks gotta do better" side will not admit that the system is set up to go against us... yet the people on the other side will not take responsibility for their actions... both sides are too stubborn to meet in the middle... and that's the real reason our community is the way it is...

    It's kind of this snobbery that exists amongst some Black people that's being shown here..they have this mindset "well I made it so everybody should make it" without realizing that for a Black person from a poor Black neighborhood to succeed the odds are against them..it's very possible..but the odds are against them..and intentionally so. So now I don't have pride because I'm interesting in improving those odds?

    I happen to believe that Black children are just as capable of success as any other group of children..they just need a shot. It ain't about "hand outs from the white man" , or "victim mentality" and all these other laughable strawmans they keep coming up with.. it's about acknowledging that society created the mess..so society has a role in cleaning it up. Black people absolutely have work to do on ourselves…but do you think that if the world had told jews "yeah the holocaust was kind of bad but it's time to get over that and pull yourselves up"..and then systemically launched campaigns to stymie their progression..and they had unemployment rates that dwarfed Great Depression numbers...that Jews wouldn't be out here in their own ghettos right now shooting each other up the same way?

    The "solution" that y'all are coming up with for crime in our communities is basically "hey, cut that 🤬 out". Some of us like to believe that there are deeper root issues that need to be acknowledged and addressed on a large scale in order to progress as a people.


    the thing about it is that those jews used to be in those ghettos before ww2 and they did not act the way we act today.

    lol do you know the real murder inc. was jews right..
  • Stiff
    Stiff Legion of Trill BG Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    blacktux wrote: »
    @manofmorehouse brother thank you for speaking on behalf of us that still have pride despite the conditions we face.

    Some of yall should be ashamed of yourself to really believe a white hand has to move for change or reform to happen within our communities.

    threads like this never seem to amaze me... both sides have valid points but 🤬 on the "blacks gotta do better" side will not admit that the system is set up to go against us... yet the people on the other side will not take responsibility for their actions... both sides are too stubborn to meet in the middle... and that's the real reason our community is the way it is...

    It's kind of this snobbery that exists amongst some Black people that's being shown here..they have this mindset "well I made it so everybody should make it" without realizing that for a Black person from a poor Black neighborhood to succeed the odds are against them..it's very possible..but the odds are against them..and intentionally so. So now I don't have pride because I'm interesting in improving those odds?

    I happen to believe that Black children are just as capable of success as any other group of children..they just need a shot. It ain't about "hand outs from the white man" , or "victim mentality" and all these other laughable strawmans they keep coming up with.. it's about acknowledging that society created the mess..so society has a role in cleaning it up. Black people absolutely have work to do on ourselves…but do you think that if the world had told jews "yeah the holocaust was kind of bad but it's time to get over that and pull yourselves up"..and then systemically launched campaigns to stymie their progression..and they had unemployment rates that dwarfed Great Depression numbers...that Jews wouldn't be out here in their own ghettos right now shooting each other up the same way?

    The "solution" that y'all are coming up with for crime in our communities is basically "hey, cut that 🤬 out". Some of us like to believe that there are deeper root issues that need to be acknowledged and addressed on a large scale in order to progress as a people.


    the thing about it is that those jews used to be in those ghettos before ww2 and they did not act the way we act today.

    You're better than this. We're going to act like the circumstances surrounding the creation of Jewish Ghettoes were similar to those surrounding the creation of the Black Ghetto? Nah b…context is crucial.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    blacktux wrote: »
    @manofmorehouse brother thank you for speaking on behalf of us that still have pride despite the conditions we face.

    Some of yall should be ashamed of yourself to really believe a white hand has to move for change or reform to happen within our communities.

    threads like this never seem to amaze me... both sides have valid points but 🤬 on the "blacks gotta do better" side will not admit that the system is set up to go against us... yet the people on the other side will not take responsibility for their actions... both sides are too stubborn to meet in the middle... and that's the real reason our community is the way it is...

    It's kind of this snobbery that exists amongst some Black people that's being shown here..they have this mindset "well I made it so everybody should make it" without realizing that for a Black person from a poor Black neighborhood to succeed the odds are against them..it's very possible..but the odds are against them..and intentionally so. So now I don't have pride because I'm interesting in improving those odds?

    I happen to believe that Black children are just as capable of success as any other group of children..they just need a shot. It ain't about "hand outs from the white man" , or "victim mentality" and all these other laughable strawmans they keep coming up with.. it's about acknowledging that society created the mess..so society has a role in cleaning it up. Black people absolutely have work to do on ourselves…but do you think that if the world had told jews "yeah the holocaust was kind of bad but it's time to get over that and pull yourselves up"..and then systemically launched campaigns to stymie their progression..and they had unemployment rates that dwarfed Great Depression numbers...that Jews wouldn't be out here in their own ghettos right now shooting each other up the same way?

    The "solution" that y'all are coming up with for crime in our communities is basically "hey, cut that 🤬 out". Some of us like to believe that there are deeper root issues that need to be acknowledged and addressed on a large scale in order to progress as a people.


    the thing about it is that those jews used to be in those ghettos before ww2 and they did not act the way we act today.

    lol do you know the real murder inc. was jews right..

    a small group of jews went that route but they did not pass that 🤬 down from generation to generation and criminality never became endemic to the jewish community.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Legion of Trill BG Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »
    And I fully expect somebody to come in and retort with their life story about how they grew up on the West side of Whogivesashitville and how everybody they ever loved was killed in a drive-by or is doing 30 life sentences and they had to duck bullets on their way to school every day but still managed to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and make something of themselves.That's good for you, congratulations but ain't nobody tryna hear that 🤬 b. The fact of the matter is that if you're born in certain areas you have to work 30 times as hard to get half as far as the people from the other side of town. Odds to succeed aren't in people's favor so there's alot of failures.

    There seems to be this thought that because people brought drugs into our communities, because we don't manufacture guns, etc.that we're supposed to just take them. Again, I uprew u in south central la. IT'S nothing cool about 76th and crenshaw. The high school I went to was littered with teachers that didn't give a 🤬 , gangs, etc. But even at that age, life is about choices. I had friends that used to ditch every day to go smoke, or do run outs at liquor stores, etc. I wasn't on that. I had family members lose their lives over 🤬 . So I chose differently. Got good grades, went to college. None of the 🤬 was easy, and maybe that's what yall are getting caught up on. Regardeless, if you know nothing else, u should understand that all the decisions u make have consequences. 🤬 just always want to blame any and everything on their own failures. "i didn't know stealing this car was wrong, u mean to tell me u can go to jail for selling drugs?? The white man stay with his foot on my neck, if I was in the illuminati my life would be better". Whatever u have to tell yourself to feel better about the decisions u make go ahead. Then, once u make it back to the real world, tell me how that works out for u. I honestly blame single parent households that coddle young black men. 🤬 work ethic is pathetic now. I don't know about yall but my parents and grandparents and every other black person when I was growing up to old me I'd have to work harder than whites to get ahead. So why the 🤬 are yall acting so surprised now?? Buy I'm the ignorant one?? Lmao ok buddy

    you-see-i-was-right_495.gif
This discussion has been closed.