What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Asap Rocky-At.Long.Last.ASAP Album Thread (6-2)

Comments

• KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave this album another spin and I decided to give it an 8. It grew on me and I can honestly say that I liked the majority of it.

I can see why some people dislikes it tho. People aren't used listening to asap on these types of beats. They expect bangers and raw 🤬 . But Iike I said before, this majority of the songs are smooth and trippy. Overall, this a good album. Long live asap is still slightly better, although this album did show how rocky improved his lyricism.

Final score 8/10
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Still nigga... Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something about dude reminds me of Jay Z...not sure what, but I see potential in this guy...

As far as this album, I really like it after a few listens and I never played the last album more than once/twice.

I'm check for dude in future...
  • no2fuks
    no2fuks I told myself to save yourself cause I can't save youMembers Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    it was alright barter 6 was better imo.
    inb4 the hate you sheeps are so predictable
  • Go figure
    Go figure Sion the GoGuests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of replay value on this album. Only one or 2 tracks ill skip over everytime. Album flows through nicely from front to back. Love the beat choices and his flow. Expected more outta kanye that verse was trash and not needed.

Gonna let it rotate for a min but I enjoyed this much more than cole and kendrick
  • FutureFan
    FutureFan Members Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    The best song is the one with Future on it.
  • jon0hyfbg
    jon0hyfbg The MatrixMembers Posts: 194 ✭✭
    ^^^^ this ni66a :-<
  • flacofitz
    flacofitz Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    🤬 was weak...very light

Poorly put together project...just get the feel that asap is running on fumes
  • CracceR
    CracceR ૐ☯★♑☮⌘ Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dope
    i like it
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence I'm Faceless Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no2fuks wrote: »

I feel you. I like barter 6, I don't think its better than this rocky album tho.

I'm not sure what the rest of you are hearing, but this album is better than his debut imo. The debut was trying to be too commercial with generic songs (🤬 problems) and didn't have the signature sound/feel he had on the mixtape.

Too me this is a return to the mixtape druggy, slowed up, dark, spacey sounding 🤬 , even tho it's not produced by his original dudes...

On top of that I feel his abilities have increased, although he was a pretty polished song maker to begin with. In any event, this is a great album to me and continues the list of quality releases we've gotten since September or so, j.cole, wale, kendrick, drake, big sean, action bronson, asap rocky, lupe (im sure im missing a couple) all put out great 🤬 the last eight months.

As a fan, I'm happy.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no2fuks wrote: »

I feel you. I like barter 6, I don't think its better than this rocky album tho.

I'm not sure what the rest of you are hearing, but this album is better than his debut imo. The debut was trying to be too commercial with generic songs (🤬 problems) and didn't have the signature sound/feel he had on the mixtape.

Too me this is a return to the mixtape druggy, slowed up, dark, spacey sounding 🤬 , even tho it's not produced by his original dudes...

On top of that I feel his abilities have increased, although he was a pretty polished song maker to begin with. In any event, this is a great album to me and continues the list of quality releases we've gotten since September or so, j.cole, wale, kendrick, drake, big sean, action bronson, asap rocky, lupe (im sure im missing a couple) all put out great 🤬 the last eight months.

As a fan, I'm happy.
    Logic, Joey Bad Ass

We in a new golden era bro.
  • no2fuks
    no2fuks I told myself to save yourself cause I can't save youMembers Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    2015>>>>2014
  • jon0hyfbg
    im still looking at reviews for this album instead of listening to it, but I'm still not ready to sit though it. Too many mixed reviews, but mostly folk are saying it ain't as good as his previous works. Honestly I probably wont get around to it until september or so...
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jon0hyfbg wrote: »
    im still looking at reviews for this album instead of listening to it, but I'm still not ready to sit though it. Too many mixed reviews, but mostly folk are saying it ain't as good as his previous works. Honestly I probably wont get around to it until september or so...

Are you not capable of forming your own opinion?

It's a sickness nowadays.
  • flacofitz
    flacofitz Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    After hearing troy ave new 🤬 , rocky's joint went to the recycle bin
  • awwwwwwwwwww
    awwwwwwwwwww Members Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listened to it 3 times. 6.0/10
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    flacofitz wrote: »
    After hearing troy ave new shit, rocky's joint went to the recycle bin

lmaoooooooo
  • perspective@100
    [email protected] Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    flacofitz wrote: »
    After hearing troy ave new 🤬 , rocky's joint went to the recycle bin

Troy a fake Max B. Less wavy
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect Balance Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow it looks like this album is a hit or miss
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Vox Populi Members Posts: 22,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I slept on Rocky, Wavybone and Pretty Flacko 2 on repeat
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope future and rocky collab again except on a better song/beat
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm beginning to like this album more than his other work.

🤬 slaps from start to finish.
  • jon0hyfbg
    edited June 2015
    lazypakman wrote: »

i listened to three songs before he dropped it, strait bullshyt. why waste my time when that's what reviews are for. thats what the sickness is, you fstw cause Rocky ain't gettin a good reception? that's yo homeboy or something cause then I'd understand :-w
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman wrote: »

i listened to three songs before he dropped it, strait bullshyt. why waste my time when that's what reviews are for. thats what the sickness is, you fstw cause Rocky ain't gettin a good reception? that's yo homeboy or something cause then I'd understand :-w

ok, so why not jut say you haven't liked anything that you've heard from the album (like you just did, well done for managing to express this) , rather than 'the majority doesn't seem to be feeling it so preemptively neither will i".then you have a legit reason for not wanting to listen to it rather than following the crowd.

reviews will also tell you (by people who actually get paid to do this thing) that the general consensus is its a pretty good album (75% on metacritic) if you really want to argue that fact as well.