What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Queen Latifah vs. Lauryn Hill

Punisher__
Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Face Off Forum
latifah2.jpg

No other female in the game had the 🤬 to challenge male supremacy...like Dana Owens. When she said "All Hail the Queen" in 1989, she was seriously claiming a new space for women in hip hop, and setting the tone, by doing it her way. Little did she know, she would also be paving the way for an as-yet-unimagined star in Lauryn Hill.

So not only was Latifah spittin' that fire as a highly skilled emcee, but she was also singing the hooks. No other femcee was doing that, allowing Latifah to pioneer a brand new style that would become known as the rapper/singer, with regard to women and hip hop...a style that would soon become standard. A female rapper who is not only rapping, but she's singing her own hooks, too.

Who do we have taking the W here?
«1

Comments

  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    musically, Hill by miles
    career wise, queen as she still is out and about and her crossover media game is insane for someone of her age and being a female who got her start in rap. She is the closets we have to a female will smith in hip hop
  • killah_muhfucka
    killah_muhfucka Members Posts: 372
    edited June 2010
    i GO WITH LAUREN BECAUSE I DONT SUPPORT 🤬
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    L Boogie................
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    i GO WITH LAUREN BECAUSE I DONT SUPPORT 🤬

    LMBAO.

    🤬 .
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
  • killah_muhfucka
    killah_muhfucka Members Posts: 372
    edited June 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    LMBAO.

    🤬 .

    How am I a 🤬 , the 🤬 is a 🤬 🤬 .... a 🤬 abomination.. a contradiction to nature... I dont support that 🤬 - no matter how many fantasies twisted 🤬 have about it.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    How am I a 🤬 , the 🤬 is a 🤬 🤬 .... a 🤬 abomination.. a contradiction to nature... I dont support that 🤬 - no matter how many fantasies twisted 🤬 have about it.

    pictureofQueenLatifahandgirlfriendJe
    .............................
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    How am I a 🤬 , the 🤬 is a 🤬 🤬 .... a 🤬 abomination.. a contradiction to nature... I dont support that 🤬 - no matter how many fantasies twisted 🤬 have about it.

    But you support those artists who are psyche ward bound?

    Seems counter-productive, my 🤬 .
  • killah_muhfucka
    killah_muhfucka Members Posts: 372
    edited June 2010
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    pictureofQueenLatifahandgirlfriendJe
    .............................

    Look how disgusting that 🤬 is.... no words
  • killah_muhfucka
    killah_muhfucka Members Posts: 372
    edited June 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    But you support those artists who are psyche ward bound?

    Seems counter-productive, my 🤬 .

    Please tell me which artists I support that are Psyche Ward bound....
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    But you support those artists who are psyche ward bound?

    Seems counter-productive, my 🤬 .

    co sign..............
  • killah_muhfucka
    killah_muhfucka Members Posts: 372
    edited June 2010
    Before you say I support something you might want to have proof that I do.

    And because someone co-signs you for no apparent reason doesn't justify your point.
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    But you support those artists who are psyche ward bound?

    Seems counter-productive, my 🤬 .

    Whether Lauryn Hill is mentally ill or not, her music is dope.

    Other great artists who've struggled with mental health issues:
    Vincent Van Gogh
    Leo Tolstoy
    Ernest Hemingway
    Jack Kerouac
    Pablo Picasso
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Before you say I support something you might want to have proof that I do.

    And because someone co-signs you for no apparent reason doesn't justify your point.

    read my avi, doggy
  • killah_muhfucka
    killah_muhfucka Members Posts: 372
    edited June 2010
    ysl313 wrote: »
    read my avi, doggy

    its so funny you try to use the same funny that got used on you....

    so unorginal... but to be expected.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Before you say I support something you might want to have proof that I do.

    And because someone co-signs you for no apparent reason doesn't justify your point.

    LOL. My 🤬 , let me break it down for you.

    You said Lauryn got this because you don't support 🤬 , alluding to the Queen...right? Okay.

    But let's not forget the fact that Lauryn is about one mental breakdown away from officially being declared as "legally insane."

    So you don't support 🤬 , but you support the lunatics and those who are not mentally altogether? Shame on you.
  • killah_muhfucka
    killah_muhfucka Members Posts: 372
    edited June 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    LOL. My 🤬 , let me break it down for you.

    You said Lauryn got this because you don't support 🤬 , alluding to the Queen...right? Okay.

    But let's not forget the fact that Lauryn is about one mental breakdown away from officially being declared as "legally insane."

    So you don't support 🤬 , but you support the lunatics and those who are not mentally altogether? Shame on you.

    First off you guessing she is crazy because of her actions is just that... a guess... she may do something that seems crazy to you but that doesn't mean she is maybe it is publicity. maybe she just sees things diffrently.
    One mental breakdown from being "legally insane"... your diagnosis is based on what... what you think or that of a professional. Unless it is the later your words mean nothing.

    As a matter of fact there was a time when your professionals deemed homosexuality as a mental disorder... so maybe you are the one supporting those who are legally insane and contradictions to the natural order of things.

    You also used the plural (artists) so please tell em what ARTISTS that are crazy that I support.
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    its so funny you try to use the same funny that got used on you....

    so unorginal... but to be expected.

    it's called sampling...no royalties for you though
    kufi stompers over here...
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    "Just another day" >>> anything from that wacky, overrated 🤬 Lauryn Hill....

    *🤬 on the "Miseducation" cd*

    She wasn't seeing Queen La back then and damn sure ain't seeing her now. 🤬 Lauryn Hill, matter of fact, 🤬 the Fugees as a whole.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    First off you guessing she is crazy because of her actions is just that... a guess... she may do something that seems crazy to you but that doesn't mean she is maybe it is publicity. maybe she just sees things diffrently.
    One mental breakdown from being "legally insane"... your diagnosis is based on what... what you think or that of a professional. Unless it is the later your words mean nothing.

    As a matter of fact there was a time when your professionals deemed homosexuality as a mental disorder... so maybe you are the one supporting those who are legally insane and contradictions to the natural order of things.

    You also used the plural (artists) so please tell em what ARTISTS that are crazy that I support.

    Wyclef on Lauryn:

    "He says, "Nothing is going to happen while Lauryn is in this weird place that she's in right now. She needs psychological help and I think it's about time someone spoke out and said this. You can see that something is seriously wrong. She goes around wearing weird green make-up and looking like a clown. At recording sessions she insists that everybody - including me - should refer to her only as 'Miss Hill'. I asked her what she was playing at and she said totally straight-faced that she thought it was easier because she figured we'd go crazy if she asked us to call her 'Queen.'"
    http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/11/19/wyclef_jean_says_lauryn_hill_is_crazy

    You mad? LOL
  • killah_muhfucka
    killah_muhfucka Members Posts: 372
    edited June 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Anyone on Nicki Minaj:

    "He says, "Nothing is going to happen while Nicki Minaj is in this weird place that she's in right now. She needs psychological help and I think it's about time someone spoke out and said this. You can see that something is seriously wrong. She goes around wearing weird green wigs and acting like a 🤬 -ass Barbie. At recording sessions she insists that everybody - including me - should refer to her only as 'Nicki Minaj' I asked her what she was playing at and she said totally straight-faced that she thought it was easier because she figured we'd go crazy if she asked us to call her 'BARBIE.'"


    You mad? LOL

    Anyway who is Wyclef... where is his degree in psychology. WHy should anyone take him as the source for sanity?
    Here we have a Haitian half his career trying to sound like he is Jamaican and getting Kenny Rogers to creat dub-blates for his sound system... sounds just as crazy to me
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Yamoley wrote: »
    "Just another day" >>> anything from that wacky, overrated 🤬 Lauryn Hill....

    *🤬 on the "Miseducation" cd*

    She wasn't seeing Queen La back then and damn sure ain't seeing her now. 🤬 Lauryn Hill, matter of fact, 🤬 the Fugees as a whole.

    "Inside Out" knocks harder than anything I've ever heard from Ms. 🤬 Tune.

    It's funny, though, because Lauryn clearly got her style from Latifah. But she didn't do it justice.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Anyway who is Wyclef... where is his degree in psychology. WHy should anyone take him as the source for sanity?
    Here we have a Haitian half his career trying to sound like he is Jamaican and getting Kenny Rogers to creat dub-blates for his sound system... sounds just as crazy to me

    Pras on Lauryn:

    "If you mentaly ill, you mentally ill. I'm not no expert, but based on my professional opinion, she needs medication. I think it's bipolar. The thing is, when you're around someone like that that you love and grew up with, you don't wanna believe that kind of behavior really exists. It seems so unreal."
    http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.5620/title.pras-says-lauryn-hill-is-mentally-ill

    You mad? LOL
  • killah_muhfucka
    killah_muhfucka Members Posts: 372
    edited June 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Pras on Lauryn:

    "If you mentaly ill, you mentally ill. I'm not no expert, but based on my professional opinion, she needs medication. I think it's bipolar. The thing is, when you're around someone like that that you love and grew up with, you don't wanna believe that kind of behavior really exists. It seems so unreal."
    http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.5620/title.pras-says-lauryn-hill-is-mentally-ill

    You mad? LOL

    See above kthx
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    What does mental illness have to do with Lauryn Hill's music? She created dope music.

    Vincent Van Gogh >>>>> Andy Warhol