What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Zoe Kravitz Was Told She Was Too "Urban" For A Role In The Dark Knight Rises

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
122928.jpg

In a recent interview with Nylon magazine, Zoe Kravitz (X-Men: First Class, Mad Max: Fury Road, Dope) reveals that she was denied an audition for Christopher Nolan's final Bat-flick based solely on her ethnicity. Click on to find out what she had to say...

26-year-old Zoe Kravitz (daughter of Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonet) first came to our attention playing Angel Salvador in X-Men: First Class, and has since gone on to give memorable turns in the likes of Mad Max: Fury Road, Insurgent, Dope and The Road Within. With several other big movies lined up, Zoe's star is most certainly on the rise, but there was a time when landing the good roles wasn't quite so easy.

In an interview with Nylon the actress recalls losing out on an audition for The Dark Knight Rises, seemingly based on her racial background and nothing else. “In the last Batman movie, they told me that I couldn’t get an audition for a small role they were casting because they weren’t ‘going urban,’” she says. “It was like, ‘What does that have to do with anything?’ I have to play the role like, ‘Yo, what’s up, Batman? What’s going on wit chu?’”

Chances are this was the role of Catwoman's sidekick Juno Temple wound up playing. For the full interview click the link below, and we also have the snaps from Zoe's shoot with Nylon for you to take a look at.

Comments

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh @ WB
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marvel >DC anyway
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Age of ultron was just ok tho.
    Batman v Superman > age of loltron
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoMembers Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤬 WB
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Vox Populi Members Posts: 22,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She was lookin bad in Dope
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect Balance Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this in the Reason
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggyAF wrote: »
    she doesn't even 🤬 with black people but now that she got her 🤬 wake up call she gon be different lol

what does that even mean?
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKR was the weakest out the trilogy....it was a blessing in disguise.
  • Copper
    Copper The WickMembers Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ being too Urban to have a role in a movie that takes place in Gotham City.

Only blacks they had in the dark Knight trilogy were ones that HAD to be black, Lucius fox and Gamble
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    she doesn't even 🤬 with black people but now that she got her 🤬 wake up call she gon be different lol

She also said in that interview she didn't identify with black people bc she didn't like rap or Tyler Perry movies

Oh, well in that case 🤬 Zoe too.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1CK1S wrote: »
    122928.jpg

In a recent interview with Nylon magazine, Zoe Kravitz (X-Men: First Class, Mad Max: Fury Road, Dope) reveals that she was denied an audition for Christopher Nolan's final Bat-flick based solely on her ethnicity. Click on to find out what she had to say...

26-year-old Zoe Kravitz (daughter of Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonet) first came to our attention playing Angel Salvador in X-Men: First Class, and has since gone on to give memorable turns in the likes of Mad Max: Fury Road, Insurgent, Dope and The Road Within. With several other big movies lined up, Zoe's star is most certainly on the rise, but there was a time when landing the good roles wasn't quite so easy.

In an interview with Nylon the actress recalls losing out on an audition for The Dark Knight Rises, seemingly based on her racial background and nothing else. “In the last Batman movie, they told me that I couldn’t get an audition for a small role they were casting because they weren’t ‘going urban,’” she says. “It was like, ‘What does that have to do with anything?’ I have to play the role like, ‘Yo, what’s up, Batman? What’s going on wit chu?’”

Chances are this was the role of Catwoman's sidekick Juno Temple wound up playing. For the full interview click the link below, and we also have the snaps from Zoe's shoot with Nylon for you to take a look at.

🤬 guts....
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marvel >DC anyway

🤬 is you serious
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Light it......smoke it......snort it HashtownMembers Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But Gotham City takes place in an urban setting. ....
  • Copper
    Copper The WickMembers Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On her identity as the biracial daughter of stars Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz, the actress said she has only recently begun to identify more with her blackness. Growing up, she said attending a predominantly white school made her feel as though she was "just as white" as her classmates.
    “I identified with white culture, and I wanted to fit in," she told Nylon. "I didn’t identify with black culture, like, I didn’t like Tyler Perry movies, and I wasn’t into hip-hop music."

“Unfortunately that is what’s fed through the media. That’s what people see. That’s what I saw," Kravitz added. The actress says she has since gained more perspective on being black, and realizes that black culture is "so much deeper than that."
    For Kravitz, introductions to important black actors and musicians helped change her perspective on black identity. "I got older and listened to A Tribe Called Quest and watched films with Sidney Poitier, and heard Billie Holiday and Nina Simone. I had to un-brainwash myself. It’s my mission, especially as an actress.”

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneakDZA wrote: »

what does that even mean?

see Copper's comments
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    On her identity as the biracial daughter of stars Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz, the actress said she has only recently begun to identify more with her blackness. Growing up, she said attending a predominantly white school made her feel as though she was "just as white" as her classmates.
    “I identified with white culture, and I wanted to fit in," she told Nylon. "I didn’t identify with black culture, like, I didn’t like Tyler Perry movies, and I wasn’t into hip-hop music."

“Unfortunately that is what’s fed through the media. That’s what people see. That’s what I saw," Kravitz added. The actress says she has since gained more perspective on being black, and realizes that black culture is "so much deeper than that."
    For Kravitz, introductions to important black actors and musicians helped change her perspective on black identity. "I got older and listened to A Tribe Called Quest and watched films with Sidney Poitier, and heard Billie Holiday and Nina Simone. I had to un-brainwash myself. It’s my mission, especially as an actress.”

I guess Lenny never told her that rock and roll was created by Chuck berry
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    lol @ being too Urban to have a role in a movie that takes place in Gotham City.

And was majorly filmed in black ass Newark NJ.