What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Zoe Kravitz Was Told She Was Too "Urban" For A Role In The Dark Knight Rises

Comments

• Copper
    Copper The WickMembers Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Age of ultron was just ok tho.
    Batman v Superman > age of loltron

the movie didn't even come out yet

Its already a winner bruh
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lenny kravitz is half white
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    lol @ being too Urban to have a role in a movie that takes place in Gotham City.

And was majorly filmed in black ass Newark NJ.

Brick city stand up!!!! 908
  • Copper
    “I had to un-brainwash myself. It’s my mission, especially as an actress.”

Not as a black person...but actress?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttMembers Posts: 22,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marvel >DC anyway

Only in comics......not in movies.

The best thing Marvel ever put out in the movies was Captain America Winter Soldier.

And that was a sleeper because I don't think they were expecting it to blow up like it did.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Illpix O.G. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    lol @ being too Urban to have a role in a movie that takes place in Gotham City.

It's 973
  • Stiff
    Stiff Legion of Trill BG Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    On her identity as the biracial daughter of stars Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz, the actress said she has only recently begun to identify more with her blackness. Growing up, she said attending a predominantly white school made her feel as though she was "just as white" as her classmates.
    “I identified with white culture, and I wanted to fit in," she told Nylon. "I didn’t identify with black culture, like, I didn’t like Tyler Perry movies, and I wasn’t into hip-hop music."

“Unfortunately that is what’s fed through the media. That’s what people see. That’s what I saw," Kravitz added. The actress says she has since gained more perspective on being black, and realizes that black culture is "so much deeper than that."
    For Kravitz, introductions to important black actors and musicians helped change her perspective on black identity. "I got older and listened to A Tribe Called Quest and watched films with Sidney Poitier, and heard Billie Holiday and Nina Simone. I had to un-brainwash myself. It’s my mission, especially as an actress.”

I ain't mad at this she's saying that as a child she ain't know better...at least she's trying to make a change as an adult
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityMembers Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigev240 wrote: »

It's 973

shout out to the 908 too tho

and 201 and 732
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's 973

I lived in Newark as a kid now in Roselle the gorgeous.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Illpix O.G. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's 973

I lived in Newark as a kid now in Roselle the gorgeous.

Born and raised in Newark now in the boonies of south Jersey.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattleMembers Posts: 50,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that was her in DOPe?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Age of ultron was just ok tho.
    Batman v Superman > age of loltron

the movie didn't even come out yet

Its already a winner bruh

i think it's fair to wait until a movie drops before claiming it's better than a movie that's already out

unless you feel the present movie was hot garbage
  • Nkombe
    Nkombe Members Posts: 114 ✭✭
    On her identity as the biracial daughter of stars Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz, the actress said she has only recently begun to identify more with her blackness. Growing up, she said attending a predominantly white school made her feel as though she was "just as white" as her classmates.
    “I identified with white culture, and I wanted to fit in," she told Nylon. "I didn’t identify with black culture, like, I didn’t like Tyler Perry movies, and I wasn’t into hip-hop music."

“Unfortunately that is what’s fed through the media. That’s what people see. That’s what I saw," Kravitz added. The actress says she has since gained more perspective on being black, and realizes that black culture is "so much deeper than that."
    For Kravitz, introductions to important black actors and musicians helped change her perspective on black identity. "I got older and listened to A Tribe Called Quest and watched films with Sidney Poitier, and heard Billie Holiday and Nina Simone. I had to un-brainwash myself. It’s my mission, especially as an actress.”

This 🤬 sounds stupid. Like she has a "How to be black" guide. This is the same language white people use when they say they don't understand black people.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    she doesn't even 🤬 with black people but now that she got her 🤬 wake up call she gon be different lol

what does that even mean?

She said it her self, in the same interview
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »

I guess Lenny never told her that rock and roll was created by Chuck berry

And that he's just a knock off Hendrix
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One stew Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    So y'all gonna act like a lot of black people don't define blackness in part through hip hop?
  • Copper
    My time away hasn't made ATalentedCoon any less of a 🤬
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    So y'all gonna act like a lot of black people don't define blackness in part through hip hop?
    Do you always have to play devils advocate?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One stew Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Do you always have to play devils advocate?

I'm naturally a bit of a contrarian, which is not to say that I don't believe what I am saying.
  • bambu
    bambu *Earth & Water* Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »

A hybrid......

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nkombe wrote: »

This 🤬 sounds stupid. Like she has a "How to be black" guide. This is the same language white people use when they say they don't understand black people.

lol 🤬 damn dog, I don't think I've ever seen a point go so far over someone's head. She's saying that she was raised around White people so she wanted to be like them an thought like them which exactly why what she said sounded like some white people 🤬 . Her ultimate point was that when she got older, she expanded her horizons beyond what she was programmed by her white environment to believe defines blackness.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but he's always identified with us from growing up in Bed-Stuy.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bambu wrote: »

A hybrid......

biologically No such thing exist in humans