What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Is Speakerboxxx Lowkey a Classic Album?

Trillaaaaaa
Trillaaaaaa Robbed a thick bitch for 30 bands, now she back strippin/ Threw 5 back at her just for not snitchinMembers Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in The Reason
EDIT: I'm talkin about Speakerboxxx individually not including The Love Below

Is Speakerboxxx Lowkey a Classic Album? 47 votes

I didn't like it
25%
supergangsterawwwwwwwwwwwilledoutKwan DaiDave2one6SheerExcellenceonetoughmiracleListencloserGunTownx the unknownMiamiNightsBeefer77 12 votes
It was good but not great
27%
beatboy1S2J5th Letterscrapper1usmarin3power_wisdomachewon87gman82Mister B.Built 4 cuban linxVader_F_Kennedy32DaysOfInfinitiMARIO_DRO 13 votes
Great but not classic
36%
jee504KNiGHTSnillerthekidLcnsdbyROYALTY700mryounggunillestni99ainneThe Lonious MonkL.O.S.T.Like WaterJDSTAYWITITRickyRichBenjaminERanxxnot_osirus_jenkinskid_khameleonTheRealness91 17 votes
Definitely a Classic
10%
buttuh_bTrillaaaaaaCallMeWelvinBobOblahmosincredible 5 votes

Comments

• mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely a Classic
    Whether you're saying individually or jointed with TLB, I still agree.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Robbed a thick bitch for 30 bands, now she back strippin/ Threw 5 back at her just for not snitchin Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely a Classic
    Whether you're saying individually or jointed with TLB, I still agree.

Individually
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great but not classic
    Awesome album... It might be a few points off from a classic imo
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberMembers Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no but sir luscious is tho
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    I thought it was solid.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great but not classic
    I never understood the hate that it gets. It sounded exactly like what you would expect an Outkast album without Dre to sound like. Granted if you're a Dre3000 fan, that's probably not all that appealing. However, if you're an Outkast fan, it still should have been something you would like, albeit not as much as an actual Outkast album.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely a Classic
    High key classic
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kast don't drop nothin but classics, 🤬
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    We need to put a moratorium on the word "Classic", for like 10 years, until people really understand what that word means to a hip-hop album.

Seriously.
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Light it......smoke it......snort it HashtownMembers Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a classic but a damn good album.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConscienceMembers Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great but not classic
    Definitely a great album. It aged better than Love Below. Been saying since Andre changed clothes folks lost their minds about him and his music. Glad to see somebody besides me give Big Boi his props.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCMembers Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great but not classic
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Definitely a great album. It aged better than Love Below. Been saying since Andre changed clothes folks lost their minds about him and his music. Glad to see somebody besides me give Big Boi his props.

cut_it_out_jimmy_fallon.gif
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I didn't like it
    Hated this album with every fiber of my being. This was that quintessential "transcends Hip Hop" 🤬 .
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCMembers Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great but not classic
    It's always been a fire album ....the way they pulled off dropping two solo albums as one double disc to me was always genius ...it was clear after stankonia that sonically they were just in different places and they were able to pull off dropping two records that were completely different yet somehow still cohesive in a way
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Robbed a thick bitch for 30 bands, now she back strippin/ Threw 5 back at her just for not snitchin Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Definitely a Classic
    Hated this album with every fiber of my being. This was that quintessential "transcends Hip Hop" 🤬 .

I think you might want to give Speakerboxxx another chance. That was Big Boi's album. I didn't like it either when it first dropped but you gotta remember that was the 50 Cent/Dipset/D-Block era where I wanted nothing but hard 🤬

I been listening to this album a lot recently and it probably aged better than most albums made in 03. I'm not talking about Andre's album, just Big Boi's.

If you don't wanna revisit the album, cool. You're missing out
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely a Classic
    Kast don't drop nothin but classics, 🤬

• mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely a Classic

I think you might want to give Speakerboxxx another chance. That was Big Boi's album. I didn't like it either when it first dropped but you gotta remember that was the 50 Cent/Dipset/D-Block era where I wanted nothing but hard 🤬

I been listening to this album a lot recently and it probably aged better than most albums made in 03. I'm not talking about Andre's album, just Big Boi's.

If you don't wanna revisit the album, cool. You're missing out

Co-sign. I think a revisit of this album would change some opinions.
  • kid_khameleon
    kid_khameleon Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    Great but not classic
    The Rooster and Bow Tie are two of my favorite songs, I feel like Big Boi is under appreciated and overlooked at times. For Instance The Train(off idlewild) is one of the best Hip Hop songs of all time but I feel like not many people have heard
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx I Can't feel DeyaMembers Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great but not classic
    I didnt love it at first out side a few tracks, but I re-visited the album not to long ago and couldn't actually find a track I didnt like
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx I Can't feel DeyaMembers Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great but not classic
    The Rooster and Bow Tie are two of my favorite songs, I feel like Big Boi is under appreciated and overlooked at times. For Instance The Train(off idlewild) is one of the best Hip Hop songs of all time but I feel like not many people have heard

To this day bowie is my 🤬
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityMembers Posts: 20,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dope. But I wouldn't call it a classic. And the only thing that keeps it from being a classic IMO is the subject matter. But it definitely is a great album.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    I didn't like it
    Terrible album
  • beatboy1
    beatboy1 Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    Unhappy is an outstanding and under appreciated song for sure
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..IM FROM THE A AND THAT ALBUM WAS TRASH... 3-4 SONGS MAX WERE GOOD