What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Who Is Project Pat And Why Is He In The Vault?

Comments

• Like Water
    Like Water Integrity 1st Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Criminal Minded should be in the vault, but that doesn't mean you should tear down someone else to make your claim, ol' crab in the bucket ass 🤬 .

Some of y'all 🤬 must have lived in a bubble to not have heard certain 🤬 . I'm glad I'm a Midwest 🤬 -- I never had to have loyalties to a specific region. 🤬 just like what they like where I'm from.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityMembers Posts: 20,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread is comedy b
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Water wrote: »
    Criminal Minded should be in the vault, but that doesn't mean you should tear down someone else to make your claim, ol' crab in the bucket ass 🤬 .

Some of y'all 🤬 must have lived in a bubble to not have heard certain 🤬 . I'm glad I'm a Midwest 🤬 -- I never had to have loyalties to a specific region. 🤬 just like what they like where I'm from.

Nobody is "tearing down" anybody. All I said is I've never heard of Project Pat, which is true. Never heard of him outside of the IC.
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    I guess this is how up north 🤬 feel when I don't know who Jarule the Damager is

best post in the thread.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Integrity 1st Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »

Nobody is "tearing down" anybody. All I said is I've never heard of Project Pat, which is true. Never heard of him outside of the IC.

Well, you live in a east coast bubble. Get out of it before you make idiotic remarks.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, you live in a east coast bubble. Get out of it before you make idiotic remarks.

too late
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCMembers Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Krs One was average at best. I don't see this hype plus he got bodied by a pop rapper (Nelly). Kool G. Rap>>>>>>>>>>>>Krs One

So let me get this straight. You guys are saying that Project Pat is better than KRS One?

Wouldn't say that, but Nelly did give the 🤬 KRS a L

Yeah but thats like saying Michael Jordan caught an L when he was playing with the Wizards.

KRS was one of the elite MCs in his day. He didn't have much commercial success but he get much respect in the hood and in the black community.

When KRS was on B-Boy Records and Jive he was putting out a hot album every year from 87-97.

Its unbelievable that none of his albums are in the vault. That just goes to show theres a serious generation gap on the IC. I wonder how many people on the IC remember when KRS was considered the one of the hottest MCs along with Rakim, Chuck D, LL Cool J, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap and Slick Rick.

I wouldn't say there's a generational gap, some 🤬 were just hot for there era but didn't have longevity. I always catch flack on here because I truly believe Rakim is the most overrated 🤬 in the history of the genre. And that's not on some "this old ass 🤬 weak" 🤬 . Its on a "Man, Rakim is a legend to the culture.....let me check out his album and see what he was about.........this 🤬 isn't impressive to me" hype. Same for KRS. Even though he was aged, he was known for doing interviews talking bad about the current state of hip hop. And when it was time to back it up Nelly slaughtered him with a few bars and his response was "don't buy Nelly's album". Everyone else you named are Gods though. Moe D is a underrated artist.
    LMAO.… 🤬 Baby Era 🤬 right here
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCMembers Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cybertr0n wrote: »
    there's all kinda albums in there
    There's all kinds of albums in that thread from all regions that don't belong but i understand it's the IC's unique list.
    u tryna say krs aint make it cuz 🤬 had somethin against him?
    I could be wrong but yeah. The way many keep bringing up his beef with Nelly like it holds any weight to what he did for Hip Hop before that. How come neither one of Krs first few albums isn't listed like Rakim's "Paid in full," Slick Rick's "..Great Adventures.." and Public Enemy's "It Takes A Nation.."? Those are his peers and it seems odd that none of his albums like "Criminal Minded," "Edutainment," "By All Means Necessary," "Ghetto Music: The Blueprint of Hip Hop" weren't mentioned. Those albums had a major impact in Hip Hop. A lot of y'all favorite rappers from all regions were influenced by Krs. It's so easy for me to point out lines and samples they took from the Blastmaster.

man u reachin like a muthafucka, just like u said bruh, just cuz nelly kilt his ass doesnt mean his career b4 hand was erased. "hmm ic classics vault, yea im not nominating krs one cuz nelly got him" -nobody.

and u named rakim, slick rick, and public enemy, its time to cut the shenanigans.

krs one wasnt on them 🤬 level impact wise.

and how can u say what doesnt belong. why not? cuz u dont like it? who cares.

You sound stupid.

KRS One's impact was immense. Along with Public Enemy, KRS brought consciousness into the rap scene. He started the Stop The Violence Movement for Christ's sake. Ever hear Self Destruction? That was KRS One's brainchild.

KRS was a battle rapper. He stood up for The Bronx, battled The Juice Crew and came out victorious. South Bronx and The Bridge Is Over are classic battle records.

Out of all the MC's from his era, KRS had the longest career. He has over 20 albums and he still tours. He could do a show in YOUR city and sell out a decent sized nightclub. You can't say the same for Project Pat. Project Pat can't go to any city on Earth and sell out a decent sized nightclub.

dwade-damn-sip-water.gif
  • Cain
    Cain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionMembers, Moderators Posts: 44,543 Regulator
    So you cornball are comparing Project Pat to KRS1? Par has his lane and been doing it for years. I don't really fuxk with his music but dude is a legend to a lot of people.

KRS1 been in the game for 30yrs plus he'll always be a legend in hip-hop to say otherwise is 🤬 . Trying to compare these guys is stupid to different lanes and style's.

Lol The Reason is a funny place
  • skpjr78
    1. Who is he?

2. When was he hot?

3. Does he have a song that I should know?

4. Is he still around?

5. How come Criminal Minded isn't in the vault?

Hey. That a good ass question right there.... But you know how it goes around here… sometimes you gotta appease all these BAMMAS.… you know they love thm some ol mush mouth gold tooth wearing niggafied ass 🤬 so there you have it… right along the ranks of 🤬 like "Death Certificate" and "Midnight Marauders" "Supreme Clientele" you have ………………………"Mistah Don't Play"

LMAO

Country Ass 🤬
    but these are the same guys who will tell you with a straight face how dope yayo, banks, cameron an mase are. fohwtbs
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    So you cornball are comparing Project Pat to KRS1? Par has his lane and been doing it for years. I don't really fuxk with his music but dude is a legend to a lot of people.

KRS1 been in the game for 30yrs plus he'll always be a legend in hip-hop to say otherwise is 🤬 . Trying to compare these guys is stupid to different lanes and style's.

we been said this tho, thread shoulda really been locked as soon as t/🤬 post thread.
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    back to pat tho this is a dope track

Red Rum
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    CP203 wrote: »
    Lol at learning about civil rights leaders from rappers your school failed you

This is America.… you think they teaching us about Stokley Carmichael and Huey P out here?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That whole 'vault' 🤬 a sham anyway. That aint a vault that 🤬 a hotel safe

How u got Project Pat-aaaa in the same convo with Illmatic and Nas ans Scarface, etc

Too many personal favorite albums gettin called classic
  • skpjr78

This is America.… you think they teaching us about Stokley Carmichael and Huey P out here?

lol at t/s not knowing who these ppl are but waiting for asap rocky to tell him
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and 🤬 afriad to keep it real when it come to the south.

Like they not graded on a curve with that remedial 🤬 🤬 be droppin. Like Jay z coukd getnaway with that basura indecipherable 🤬 some of them 🤬 spit ahahahah

And i JUST came from Scarface concert im unbiased, i just keep it 100
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    S2J wrote: »

Like they not graded on a curve with that remedial 🤬 🤬 be droppin. Like Jay z coukd getnaway with that basura indecipherable 🤬 some of them 🤬 spit ahahahah

no fam u just a smart/dumb 🤬 attempting to make this region based, when it never really was
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy My caliber, got me thinking on a higher algebra Members Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Niccas be acting like they are keeping it hip-hop all day & everyday. Like you don't be up in the club, vibing to Migos. Niccas be like "nawwww baby, I reject your dance. I'm too hip-hop right now. The DJ is playing Rae Sremmurd, now if he played some Mic Geronimo then it'll set this club right".
    That's probably the only time i listen to them 🤬 . Reggae and dancehall music get more burn tho. 🤬 love to dutty wine to dancehall 🤬 .
  • skpjr78
    edited August 2015
    S2J wrote: »

lol at dudes 🤬 riding 🤬 -z. it took the death of 2 of the best ever for ppl to even know he 🤬 existed. but then again these are the ppl who think mase was dope. foh with that jr varsity commercialized ass overrated fraud ass 🤬 .
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    This 🤬 funny that some clueless cracka or 🤬 who dont know 🤬 want to give an opinion nobody give a 🤬 bout. This cornball mentioning KRS. You old ass cornball. This cornball roll with other 🤬 with that KRS 🤬 . Project Pat old ass can do a performance on some bummy ass strip club with his music. KRS, I bet dont sell out 🤬 but venues fulla old cornball 🤬 with no 🤬 . Dont pay this clueless cracka or 🤬 no mind he prolly live in some cornball ass irrelevant place or is an old NY cracka who out of touch.

• JDSTAYWITIT
    edited August 2015
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    1. Who is he?

2. When was he hot?

3. Does he have a song that I should know?

4. Is he still around?

5. How come Criminal Minded isn't in the vault?

Hey. That a good ass question right there.... But you know how it goes around here… sometimes you gotta appease all these BAMMAS.… you know they love thm some ol mush mouth gold tooth wearing niggafied ass 🤬 so there you have it… right along the ranks of 🤬 like "Death Certificate" and "Midnight Marauders" "Supreme Clientele" you have ………………………"Mistah Don't Play"

LMAO

Country Ass 🤬
    but these are the same guys who will tell you with a straight face how dope yayo, banks, cameron an mase are. fohwtbs

1355.gif

I simply do not believe this
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    skpjr78 wrote: »

lol at t/s not knowing who these ppl are but waiting for asap rocky to tell him

Alright Bud.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

I learned about them in school so what are you saying