What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

That New Barbershop Movie Looks Like A 🤬 Orgy

Comments

• Logic Last
    Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceManKam wrote: »
    There was that sci fi movie with Smith and son that did bad

Better than those 🤬 movies
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator

Better than those 🤬 movies

Nah bro. That movie was super saiyan trash

Word.

Barbershop 3>>After Earth
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

That's because M Knight Shyamalan is a 🤬 ass director. He 🤬 up everything he touches (Last Airbender, After Earth, etc)
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Airbender was good.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    My issue with so many black movies is it falls into four categories and generally are the same actors:

1. Romantic comedy - Best Man, Brown Sugar,Love and Basketball
    2. Slave/civil rights - Missippi Burning, 12 years a slave,etc
    3. Religious/chittlin circuit movies - Damn near every Tyler Movie
    4. Hood flicks - Boyz in the Hood, Menace to society,etc

Why can't we get some fantasy 🤬 like Pans Labyrinth, Lord of the Rings?

How about some sci-fi 🤬 like The Matrix, Inception,etc.

I think it's about Hollywood not giving the big budgets to black directors like Ice Cube said. They don't give black movies more than 25 mil to make, meanwhile a movie like The Reverend gets 140 mil.

That 🤬 's Of Egypt should of been the closet thing we had to your black fantasy movie idea. But... we all saw what happened there.
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    Pursuit of Temptation was one of the few black movies I ever liked next to that Tyler Perry's Temptation movie...I forgot that we are getting a Black Panther movie in a year or 2 so that will be the test if a black super hero can be successful in the big screens if enough people support it
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My issue with so many black movies is it falls into four categories and generally are the same actors:

I think it's about Hollywood not giving the big budgets to black directors like Ice Cube said. They don't give black movies more than 25 mil to make, meanwhile a movie like The Reverend gets 140 mil.

The funny thing about this post is 1.... if those are the types of movies black people watch thats the type of movies black people will make/support... (there is no way in hell a black science fiction flick will do numbers)
    We are a small demographic bruh... thats the point and also if the same black actors are in the same type of movies is because we dont have an abundance of top tier black actors..

But in comparison how many movies in America have a all Hispanic cast... or all asian cast... or all middle eastern or Native American cast... honestly we have it better than we think..

They dynamic between African Americans and those other groups is vastly different.. they all have various networks/systems that they can turn to beaming form their country of origin. So on the American mainstream they maybe underrepresented however.. They have places to see things from their own homogeneous perspectives..
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

The funny thing about this post is 1.... if those are the types of movies black people watch thats the type of movies black people will make/support... (there is no way in hell a black science fiction flick will do numbers)
    We are a small demographic bruh... thats the point and also if the same black actors are in the same type of movies is because we dont have an abundance of top tier black actors..

But in comparison how many movies in America have a all Hispanic cast... or all asian cast... or all middle eastern or Native American cast... honestly we have it better than we think..

They dynamic between African Americans and those other groups is vastly different.. they all have various networks/systems that they can turn to beaming form their country of origin. So on the American mainstream they maybe underrepresented however.. They have places to see things from their own homogeneous perspectives..

Regardless of them having outlets outside of the country they are damn near completely under repersented in America... there are more Hispanics in this country than blacks... blacks get at least 4 to 6 "black movies" a year.. I dont ever remember seeing an all Hispanic movie.. dont you think thats wrong? Also not every Asian... Hispanic or middle eastern person living in this country in an immigrant some dont even speak the native language.. they honestly have a real small voice..
  • Cain
    Cain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionMembers, Moderators Posts: 44,543 Regulator
    Movie was good, better than what the previews are. The actual commercials make it look wack but the movie is good
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattleMembers Posts: 50,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill go next week
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just got finished watching it...

It actually makes me wanna be a better man real 🤬 ..

Oh and nicki twerking in it was entertaining also.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Los216 wrote: »
    I think what a lot of people are saying is the argument for movies like Barbershop 3 are that they are addressing issues in our community. But at the same time when we do get a movie with the cast being majority black people why are we addressing issues? Can we have a movie that doesn't have to paint us in a "we have to do better light"?

:joy:

So in a thread about this movie being too "Coonish", you're now getting mad that this movie was too seireous and we want something more loose and carefree (like Meet the Blacks? Haunted House? Yea the IC just LOVES those ...oh, but it also cant have Kevin Hart, Tyler Perry, or any overt laughing and/or dancing

I. Hate. 🤬 . I swear i do.
  • S2J

🤬 be like 'Why cant we get a black movie about parallel worlds and aliens with a cowboy element'

You just listed the 4 categories 80% of ALL movies fall into 🤬 . 'Hood flicks' are the equivalent of white movies like SuperBad, Knocked Up, etc.

So wtf are you saying. 'Why cant we have a black Inception'. Mfer theres barely a WHITE inception! That movie is a 1 of 1. Bottom line 🤬 always gon complain
  • Logic Last
    S2J wrote: »

🤬 be like 'Why cant we get a black movie about parallel worlds and aliens with a cowboy element'

You just listed the 4 categories 80% of ALL movies fall into 🤬 . 'Hood flicks' are the equivalent of white movies like SuperBad, Knocked Up, etc.

So wtf are you saying. 'Why cant we have a black Inception'. Mfer theres barely a WHITE inception! That movie is a 1 of 1. Bottom line 🤬 always gon complain

Why they always put Denzel with a white woman? Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts, . . .Denzel put more white 🤬 on than . . .
  • Logic Last
    Meester wrote: »

Twerking is cooning.
  • Logic Last
    Pursuit of Temptation was one of the few black movies I ever liked next to that Tyler Perry's Temptation movie...I forgot that we are getting a Black Panther movie in a year or 2 so that will be the test if a black super hero can be successful in the big screens if enough people support it

Blade didn't prove that already?
    tumblr_n1wq70DZ2q1qcu3vno1_500.gif

They got Ryan Renolds to upstage Blade after the first movie was so successful
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not many ppl knew he was s superhero.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unmm..ryan Renolds didnt come til the third movie tho
  • S2J

Shizlansky wrote: »

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

Twerking is cooning.

Thats not the definition..
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

JUST SAW IT... MOVIE WAS GREAT
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »

first time hearing about the character was form that 90s spiderman cartoon where they just portray him as a vampire hunter/anti hero in those three episodes he appeared on,but i probably will go and watch those films when i get some free time
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

Twerking is cooning.

They used it to get they positive message across to gang bangers attention