What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Arrive in Late 2016

Comments

• Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Raikou is ass btw I got hyped for nothing I finally caught it and with my luck mine also has HP Ice so I'm happy about that.

Suicune is the best one outta the dogs...smh at me falling asleep before im able to catch Uxie last nightr between 8-9pm...now i gotta wait either for that time frame to come again or tommorow because i heard that resetting the 2ds time clock disables time events for a couple hours
  • Blazedadon87x
    my second playthrough team will have

Clefable(@sion been hyping this tyhing up and i see whey because of magic guard)
    Swampert
    Salamance
    Serperior

im still figuring out the last two mons i want to use before i start a new game
  • Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    edited May 2016
    @StoneColdMikey is the nosign necessary LOLOLOLOL !!! Not that I need it at all but it's good to have a gun handy and not need it than to need it and not have it. Like I said I have a dozen pkmn that can appropriately check and defeat it - Talonflame, Slowbro, Keldeo, Latios, Sylveon, Skarmory, Clefable, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Garchomp (choice scarf), Ferrothorn with Iron Barbs/Rocky Helmet (for you fake out users), etc. AALLLL of which can freely come in and either OHKO it or defeat it due to natural bulk and resistance.

Now yall see partly why I asked for the Bulbasaur and Slowbro, Slowbro completely shuts down Mega Lopunny and M-Venusaur can beat it outright if it contains Sleep Powder. Slowbro has the bulk and you either getting a T-Wave/Scald and/or Psyshock to done you.
  • Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator
    My ORAS team I want to build it to be very well-prepared for just about any threat and any team. Venusaur and Slowbro are my defensive cores and then I'm adding 2 stand alone pkmn and 2 complimentary pkmn. I still need an answer for Zard Y tho since Slowbro can be stopped by Solarbeam and b/c it's so slow it risks getting hit twice (even a boosted Fire Blast does 40% dmg). And then there's still Zard X who's common af in ORAS metagame. I might use M-Diancie since it has both Fairy and Rock typing to shut it down but then I have to sub something for Venusaur...
  • Sion

Clefable(@sion been hyping this tyhing up and i see whey because of magic guard)
    Swampert
    Salamance
    Serperior

Serperior and Clefable are very good.

If you thinkin of 2 last pkmn I'd recommend subbing Salamence for either Latios or Garchomp - both are faster, hit harder and have better bulk plus they don't lose 25% of their HP to stealth rock. Or to 🤬 2 birds with one stone, add Mega Charizard X over Salamence so you have the dragon typing and fire coverage your team needs. I'd sub Swampert for Slowbro also.

So I'd say:

Clefable or Azumarill
    Slowbro
    Mega Charizard X
    Ferrothorn or Serperior works
    Starmie or Latios (both for speed and sp.atk coverage)
    Bisharp or Scizor

^^^ you have everything you need with that squad, with Charizard you can play mind games b/c ppl won't know which one you have, Starmie is for revenge killing, Slowbro stops most major threats (like Talonflame, M-Lopunny, Charizard X, Keldeo, etc.), Ferrothorn is good if you want additional bulk and support for entry hazards but Serperior can sweep if it sets up other than that Serperior can be worn down very quickly and needs the boost from Leaf Storm to be effective. Clefable stops dragon types and Bisharp is for pursuit trapping or just hitting something insanely hard which can also be great for revenge killing. If you take Ferrothorn you don't need it and you have a free slot.
  • Sion

Swampert
    Salamance
    Serperior

So I'd say:

Clefable or Azumarill
    Slowbro
    Mega Charizard X
    Bisharp or Scizor

You know this is actually a pretty good 🤬 team I might actually run with this myself. I forgot how good Starmie is. I'd prolly change the 6th slot tho and add Talonflame.
  • Blazedadon87x

Swampert
    Salamance
    Serperior

If you thinkin of 2 last pkmn I'd recommend subbing Salamence for either Latios or Garchomp - both are faster, hit harder and have better bulk plus they don't lose 25% of their HP to stealth rock. Or to 🤬 2 birds with one stone, add Mega Charizard X over Salamence so you have the dragon typing and fire coverage your team needs. I'd sub Swampert for Slowbro also.

So I'd say:

Clefable or Azumarill
    Slowbro
    Mega Charizard X
    Bisharp or Scizor

^^^ you have everything you need with that squad, with Charizard you can play mind games b/c ppl won't know which one you have, Starmie is for revenge killing, Slowbro stops most major threats (like Talonflame, M-Lopunny, Charizard X, Keldeo, etc.), Ferrothorn is good if you want additional bulk and support for entry hazards but Serperior can sweep if it sets up other than that Serperior can be worn down very quickly and needs the boost from Leaf Storm to be effective. Clefable stops dragon types and Bisharp is for pursuit trapping or just hitting something insanely hard which can also be great for revenge killing. If you take Ferrothorn you don't need it and you have a free slot.

I have a charizard x from my previous X game run along with another Charizard that will be set up as the y version

this is a list of pokes i already raised and in their late 70s-90s that i used at some point between X and Omega Ruby

Charizard(two of them with different sets designated for their respective mega stones)
    Blastoise(two of them as well but one for its mega form ,and the other to set up hazards)
    Drapion
    Azumarril
    Latios
    Metagross(the white one from the game release event download)
    Goodra
    Sceptile
    Blaziken
    Gengar
    Gardevoir
    Jolteon
    Talonflame
    Lucario
    Torterra
    Infernape
    Electivire
    Cosplay Pikachu
    sylveon
    Chesnaught
    Greninja
    Darkrai
    Zapdos
  • Sion

Swampert
    Salamance
    Serperior

So I'd say:

Clefable or Azumarill
    Slowbro
    Mega Charizard X
    Bisharp or Scizor

I have a charizard x from my previous X game run along with another Charizard that will be set up as the y version

this is a list of pokes i already raised and in their late 70s-90s that i used at some point between X and Omega Ruby

Charizard(two of them with different sets designated for their respective mega stones)
    Blastoise(two of them as well but one for its mega form ,and the other to set up hazards)
    Drapion
    Azumarril
    Latios
    Metagross(the white one from the game release event download)
    Goodra
    Sceptile
    Blaziken
    Gengar
    Gardevoir
    Jolteon
    Talonflame
    Lucario
    Torterra
    Infernape
    Electivire
    Cosplay Pikachu
    sylveon
    Chesnaught
    Greninja
    Darkrai
    Zapdos

You should definitely run Zard X then, the DDance set up and Tough Claws makes it extremely hard to stop once it gets off one set up opportunity. It's the ultimate wall breaker and given it's typing it's also bulky. Not many pkmn can switch into it's attacks without losing a good 60% of their HP after one DDance.

• Sion
    Yall might wanna check this out

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-ou-viability-ranking-thread-v3-read-post-3451-page-139.3536420/

I disagree with Manaphy tho, Mega Alakazam should be lower it's too frail and there are better revenge killers. Tyranitar being higher than Mega Tyranitar makes no 🤬 sense.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-ou-viability-ranking-thread-v3-read-post-3451-page-139.3536420/

I disagree with Manaphy tho, Mega Alakazam should be lower it's too frail and there are better revenge killers. Tyranitar being higher than Mega Tyranitar makes no 🤬 sense.

What? Tail Glow Manaphy is amazing. When that event drops I'm getting multiple and going to start ripping everyone with a team built for Manaphy.
  • Sion
    Paprika wrote: »

What? Tail Glow Manaphy is amazing. When that event drops I'm getting multiple and going to start ripping everyone with a team built for Manaphy.

Dayum, I just googled it, apparently it boosts special attack by 3 whole stages off one boost. That's craaaazy. You can easily get 2 boosts and max it out when the person switches and wreck havoc.

I've only battled Manaphy maybe two or three times and I don't think I ever got it to set up which is prolly where my ignorance of it comes from. I'll take your work for it tho that it's a monster....
  • Sion
    @StoneColdMikey
    @Paprika

Are you brothers gonna be online today ? Mikey we haven't battled in a long while. I started doing a lot of doubles, them guys over at Smogon be heavy into it. Let me know if anything. In about 2 days my ORAS team will be ready man. I just need Pap to toss me a Talonflame and Lopunny.
  • Paprika
    @StoneColdMikey
    @Paprika

Are you brothers gonna be online today ? Mikey we haven't battled in a long while. I started doing a lot of doubles, them guys over at Smogon be heavy into it. Let me know if anything. In about 2 days my ORAS team will be ready man. I just need Pap to toss me a Talonflame and Lopunny.

Give me 20 minutes.
  • Paprika
    I've only got your Fletchling right now. Just a question, why do you need encore? You leave yourself open to KOs.
  • Sion
    Paprika wrote: »
    I've only got your Fletchling right now. Just a question, why do you need encore? You leave yourself open to KOs.

I know it's a risk given Lopunny's defenses but I need it more for stall or defensive pkmn who might try to be slick. It's a lost slot in the moveset but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

The defensive counters I may not be able to do anything against but I don't mind getting them to waste a turn and be forced to switch out while I either Power Up Punch or switch for another pkmn capable of handling them.
  • Sion
    I haven't really thought out my full moveset but I know I'm going with Encore/Fake-Out/Power-Up Punch and Return. Might sub PUP or Return for High Jump Kick. Only thing that worries me is the if you miss or someone uses protect you lose 50% of HP SMMFH.

But like I said I'm still putting together my ORAS team and I haven't really thought out all my movesets. I do want Encore on my Lopunny tho.
  • Paprika
    You guys are offline already?

No one wants to get slapboxed? I understand your hesitation, but it will happen one day.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    No I'm knline
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    I'm just now getting online
  • Paprika
    Mikey bringing the heat!
  • Paprika
    Oh hell no. Nasty Plot. You hoe.
  • Sion
    Dayum this is dope yall battling !!!!
  • Sion
    I'm online
  • Sion
    Who's winning !!!???
  • Paprika
    6-5 Mikey.