What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Baton Rouge: 3 Officers Dead, 3 Injured

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT El Coyote unknownGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Shooter was 29yr old Gavin Long

I woulda swore it was a white guy

Gavin top5 whitest names all time

Not really.

This the 1st black guy i ever heard of named Gavin
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why some people should not talk about race.

Narrative matters, and anybody with more than a cursory knowledge of history would know this. The civil rights movement was a success precisely because MLK and others were able to change the narrative. Some whites were moved by images of white officers siccing dogs on non-violent protesters and white supremacists firebombing churches.

That said, saying that narrative matters is not to say that it is the only thing that matters.

That's not working sit ins and protests are just being looked at as innefective
    Its 2016 the only way to get attention now is to take life or take money

I feel bad that death has to fuel this conversation now but really its been like this since trayvon got killed
    The only time we talk about race is when people get killed or get exposed
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about black on black crime
  • Dupac
    Dupac Retired PurgatoryMembers, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tired of this conversation. There is just too much dumb 🤬 being spewed on both sides.

Case and point:
    15 million black people in america
    1.5 million cops
    Y'all do the math

100k men could bring america to its knees.

Really, my 🤬 ? You think it's that simple. You have one group that is notoriously unified, has basically been militarized, and is full of people that are trained and equipped for combat.

On the other side, you have a group that outnumbers the other group by a factor of 10 (by your numbers), however, what does that number look like when you take away the children, elderly, and disabled. How many of the people left are willing to go to war? How many of the people left have the training or capabilities to go to war? How does the math look when you factor that in?

All of that's irrelevant though? Do you really think that 🤬 could just declare war on the cops, and all we'd have to worry about would be the cops? How long do you think this war would go before the National Guard and other domestically based military units were brought in to shut 🤬 down. Ya'll 🤬 aren't thinking rationally. Blacks make up less than 13% of this country, and almost all of those people are integrated into the system in a way that such a war would be just as destructive to that community as to the rest of the country.

Violence may be necessary to solve this issue, but it will only be effective if it's in defense of the people and the people's interests. These ambushes are cowardly and ultimately they will be totally ineffective. The only thing they will succeed in doing is turn the sentiment of most of the country completely in the direction of the enemy. How long do you think it will be before black men are getting killed and most everybody in this country think its justified because we have officially been targeted as a threat?

Im not gonna knock your point cuz it's valid. But I know what happens when a group of like minded individuals got 1 goal in mind. 100 attacks a day won't change anything? 24 hour news coverage won't change anything? You know what happens when they institute martial law? They step on other people's toes that don have anything to do with this. Go and tell those Texas they have to give up there guns cuz the blacks are out of control. Watch the response. Go to Bama and Georgia and west va and South Cac and tell them give up your guns or go to jail. This is bigger than just black people in america. It's about rights in america. And impeding any right to any American whether it's for the better or not will always bring trouble. Bu then again, maybe that's just the way I see it. Maybe those gun nuts will gladly give up some rights and their guns. Maybe Americans aren't as american as they think they are.

I feel what you're saying, but I think you're misjudging the situation. You're basically relying on the idea that blacks going on the offensive would somehow draw a certain element to our side. You're not really considering who that element is. Those CaCs in Bama, Georgia, and SC are far more likely to pick up their guns and deal with the "Black Problem" themselves than to wait on marial law. For example, this was taken from the Baton Rouge thread:
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Man f-ck whoever that put this on Twitter...

Cm4MKUbXYAAfwXB.jpg

The problem Americans are American, and Americans have always been stupid and easily led to attack each other rather than the people who are really oppressing them.

Could go either way. Not saying they are allies. But a violation of a person's rights pushes some of those people into a corner. Either way it looks bad on america. Instead of fixing a corrupt system they pushed a part of their nation to the point where they hate cops more than fear them. Instead of building bridges and coming up with solutions they'd rather demonize an entire group of people. Put that on the world stage and watch the chaos that unfolds.

That's America for you. There is a lot less money to be made in peace than drama, so which way do you think a country that prioritizes money above everything else will go? Sad, but sadder that the average American still doesn't see the centuries old trick that's being played.

Bruh a lot of people are frustrated and want to fight back... And like I've said numerous times, I 100% understand.... However one of the most effective strategies of all time is to get your opponent to fight off of emotion so they don't take time to think things through...

🤬 going off of a lot of emotion here....

I still hope some good comes from all this, but it's looking more and more like it's just going to be more blood , more lies, more blame on the president, and no resolution....

Seem like 🤬 just happy cops getting killed with no 🤬 given as to how this helps other generations moving forward.... As long as blood has been shed they happy ....
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

Narrative matters, and anybody with more than a cursory knowledge of history would know this. The civil rights movement was a success precisely because MLK and others were able to change the narrative. Some whites were moved by images of white officers siccing dogs on non-violent protesters and white supremacists firebombing churches.

That said, saying that narrative matters is not to say that it is the only thing that matters.

Success?

🤬 they shot his ass in cold blood and then preceded to use him as the 🤬 be good card ever since asking "what would mlk say" well we wont know since you pasty 🤬 killed him, so much for turning the other cheek
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • white sympathizer
    RUH ROH

Time to break out the "mental illness" and "rough upbringing" talking points
  • Magicjohnson
    Magicjohnson Members Posts: 265 ✭✭
    Dude who shot them was apart of a all white gun loving group. Probably was a 🤬

On another forum a poster knew the guy hes from kc n says that yeArs ago n he on some black power stuff the mods are telln him i delete his posts

Hes predicted the right guy hours ago
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceManKam wrote: »
    Cnl41LWUkAE1T6_.jpg

One of the officers killed. Montrell Jackson
    Damn man.....
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One stew Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

Success?

🤬 they shot his ass in cold blood and then preceded to use him as the 🤬 be good card ever since asking "what would mlk say" well we wont know since you pasty 🤬 killed him, so much for turning the other cheek

You seem a little deranged, but the civil rights movement was a success. Read some history books about what life was like before the civil rights movement.

Also, you're a 🤬 if you can read my posts day in, day out and think that I am white.
  • rapmusic
    edited July 2016
    Now let's see how the media treats this, and see if they splatter their name across the airwaves like they did Micah
    Uhhhhh.... they have no choice. He killed precious cops. Blue lives matter right? Lol and smh
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming I here to say what if the cops were black..

Y'all blast for him for being a 🤬 then turn around and say whites don't belong in black neighborhoods.

Police have a purpose....in theory. 🤬 been abusing their power....take away the police and all you keyboard revolutionaries gon have to walk that walk

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Donald Trump just won the presidency.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rapmusic
  • white sympathizer

Success?

You seem a little deranged, but the civil rights movement was a success. Read some history books about what life was like before the civil rights movement.

Also, you're a 🤬 if you can read my posts day in, day out and think that I am white.

After sharing bathrooms with white people, id rather have a segragated one quite honestly

Besides that 🤬 , what exactly was accomplished, people can shoot your black ass on camera and walk, white people aint gonna ever accept your ass no matter how much kumbaya hand holding you do

Ali is a perfect example, when he was in his prime and able bodied, you crackers hated him with a passion, he dies, now yall loved him,🤬 outta here
  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • rapmusic
    Waiting to see what the conspiracy theorists will cook up now
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! PART OF THE CONSPIRACY Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summer of 2016 is going down in history

American Crime Story season 3
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Older white ppl want a race war so bad

Because they see their children out hanging with all types of ppl and that 🤬 scares them

That's why they are pushing bad 🤬 about us so bad because the brainwashing that was done at home ain't working on their kids so they are using different tactics to promote hate of non whites.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! PART OF THE CONSPIRACY Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "According to a WSJ source, the deceased suspect was affiliated with an anti-government group."

lol here we go