What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

I'M TIRED OF SLAVE MOVIES, BUT EYES GO SEE THE SAME [email protected] MADEA MOVIE EVERY YEAR!!

Comments

• prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    In all seriousness, it's hard to argue with that based on the transcripts and testimony.

The transcripts make it hard to say he was set up or the charges are completely without merit...even his homeboy who was charged with him gave a different account. Parker says he was already in the room. Celestein and another person says Parker waved them in the room. That's not a small detail.

They ran a train. . That girl was a 🤬 and she top him off the first day he met her. She made he ignored her after

This is why I never participated in running a train on a chick, especially not on no white girl.....I've had plenty of buddies that done run trains on them and I swerved that 🤬 because these chicks be crying 🤬 on 🤬 but willingly participating.....

I'm also very selective on who I smash when alcohol is involved......If she's 🤬 then I'm going to be 🤬 right along with her ass....🤬 we're both going to be 🤬 together

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    "Beta wrote: »
    I don't 🤬 with slave 🤬

Interesting.

Whats profound about that statement you made is that thats the narrative, quite a few blacks are saying

That we're sick or don't 🤬 with "slave 🤬 "

But, whats even more profound is that I hardly hear Jews complaining about Holocaust movies or documentaries

Matter of fact, theres an Holocaust documentary almost every week on the history channel

And if im not mistaken, the Jewish community probably have a portion of the history channel dedicated to showing nothing but Holcocaust footage

They want to make sure that their atrocities that happened to their ppl, will never ever be forgotten

And as someone who has personally been to those concentration camps where they murdered the jews, the jewish community has made those places into glorified museums with lunch rooms in them

Now, as far as this part particular movie

This isn't just your "typical" slave movie

Its about a revolutionary, who was crafty and intelligent enough to seize the opportunity to gather his people and fight back at their oppressor

And not only give them a taste of their own medicine, but also at a chance of having Freedom

One of the most famous revolutions in our history

And some of y'all can't rock with it

Because its some "slave 🤬 "?

Miss me with all that, stop bullshitting and support black films

TheGOAT wrote: »
    Its not a slave movie

Its a revolutionary movie you idiots

Co-sign.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattleMembers Posts: 50,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw it again last night, at a small independent theater there were bout 20 ppl there all black and it was the 10:15 pm show....I was impressed. ..this movie is more about the paradoxical and ambiguous themes of the bible then a " slave" movie
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    taking wife to see it Friday
  • deadeye
    deadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttMembers Posts: 22,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    In all seriousness, it's hard to argue with that based on the transcripts and testimony.

The transcripts make it hard to say he was set up or the charges are completely without merit...even his homeboy who was charged with him gave a different account. Parker says he was already in the room. Celestein and another person says Parker waved them in the room. That's not a small detail.

They ran a train. . That girl was a 🤬 and she top him off the first day he met her. She made he ignored her after

I'm also very selective on who I smash when alcohol is involved......If she's 🤬 then I'm going to be 🤬 right along with her ass....🤬 we're both going to be 🤬 together

@prime_time_🤬

Gotta be careful about that too.

In some states, a woman can't legally give consent when she's 🤬 .

Doesn't matter whether you're 🤬 or not.....if she's 🤬 , the law is going to side with her and it won't matter whether she was a willing participant at the time or not because, again......legally (in certain states).......a woman can't give consent when she's intoxicated.

Basically, from a legal perspective, she has the power to decide whether or not she was 🤬 ........even if an actual 🤬 didn't occur.

Now, on the surface, it doesn't seem much different than the way things are now.

However, you'd be fighting a losing battle from the jump because the law isn't on your side.

All she'd have to do is prove that she was 🤬 .......and that you had sex with her while she was 🤬 .

Nothing else would matter besides that.

Another detriment of living in a patriarchal society.

@desertrain10
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Road to PerditionMembers Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@prime_time_🤬

Doesn't matter whether you're 🤬 or not.....if she's 🤬 , the law is going to side with her and it won't matter whether she was a willing participant at the time or not because, again......legally (in certain states).......a woman can't give consent when she's intoxicated.

@desertrain10

What law states that only the woman's consent is needed?
  • deadeye
    edited October 2016

@prime_time_🤬

@desertrain10

It's a double standard.

The laws vary from state-to-state, but the laws I'm referring to specifically state that the woman can't legally give consent when she's intoxicated.......not the man.

Basically operating under the assumption that the man did something to get the woman 🤬 .
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Shalawam The Daughter of BabylonMembers Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he said the budget was only 10 million....

I doubt he really expected it to make a lot of money. It was more so to get the story out there.
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016

@prime_time_🤬

Basically, from a legal perspective, she has the power to decide whether or not she was 🤬 ........even if an actual 🤬 didn't occur.

Now, on the surface, it doesn't seem much different than the way things are now.

However, you'd be fighting a losing battle from the jump because the law isn't on your side.

All she'd have to do is prove that she was 🤬 .......and that you had sex with her while she was 🤬 .

@desertrain10

I wouldnt necessarily say always, because even though its's true that in most states they have laws stating that a person cannot consent to sex if they are incapacitated by alcohol, but how “incapacitation” is defined will vary in certain situations....In many places, a person is only legally considered incapable of consenting if they’re literally "passed out" and "unconscious" as the result of drinking or using drugs....

In many states they also look at the situation differently if someone is determine to be “voluntarily incapacitated” (eg: they drank or took drugs themselves) rather than being drugged by another person(Bill Cosby, Darren Sharper, ect.)....In most court rooms they will even require that the prosecution prove that the defendant knew just how intoxicated the victim was in order to consider sex with that person a crime...

Overall I'm going to do my best to cover my ass...these chicks be unstable af and I'm not taking no chances...a 🤬 literally told me "no stop" as I was sucking on her 🤬 and I stopped....she got irritated and looked at me like "WHY DID YOU STOP!?" Smh...
  • deadeye

@prime_time_🤬

@desertrain10

I wouldnt necessarily say always, because even though its's true that in most states they have laws stating that a person cannot consent to sex if they are incapacitated by alcohol, but how “incapacitation” is defined will vary in certain situations....In many places, a person is only legally considered incapable of consenting if they’re literally "passed out" and "unconscious" as the result of drinking or using drugs....

In many states they also look at the situation differently if someone is determine to be “voluntarily incapacitated” (eg: they drank or took drugs themselves) rather than being drugged by another person(Bill Cosby, Darren Sharper, ect.)....In most court rooms they will even require that the prosecution prove that the defendant knew just how intoxicated the victim was in order to consider sex with that person a crime...

Overall I'm going to do my best to cover my ass...these chicks be unstable af and I'm not taking no chances...a 🤬 literally told me "no stop" as I was sucking on her 🤬 and I stopped....she got irritated and looked at me like "WHY DID YOU STOP!?" Smh...

And therein lies the problem.

Those laws are too subjective.......which makes them more subject to interpretation.

Therefore, like you said........it's best to not take any chances.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This aint really new tbh

This could grow to be a classic, like so many others

Like rosewood..everyone saw it, eventually at least..but how many of yall saw it in theaters? It was jus me and my momma in there when that 🤬 dropped
  • MrMinimalist
    MrMinimalist Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seen it saturday and I'll say it was about 70 of us.
  • deadeye
    gns wrote: »
    Just wished bro wouldve gone all out
    They said 60 crackas died
    Well damn it I wanna see 60 crackas getting muthafucking 🤬 up gat dammit

Problem is, it would've never made it to theaters if that was in the movie.

Never a problem with them showing us being tortured and slaughtered, but whites are too sensitive when it's the other way around.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016

@prime_time_🤬

@desertrain10

It's a double standard.

The laws vary from state-to-state, but the laws I'm referring to specifically state that the woman can't legally give consent when she's intoxicated.......not the man.

Basically operating under the assumption that the man did something to get the woman 🤬 .

there is no law on the books that specify women cannot give consent when intoxicated...and not men

otherwise state your source
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT El Coyote unknownGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max. wrote: »

Yea she was not promoting the film at all on her Twitter.

Figure she had some feelings about Nate
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was public knowledge for everyone. Gabrielle should have known that going in. Her agent at least gave her the scoop.
  • deadeye
    edited October 2016

@prime_time_🤬

@desertrain10

It's a double standard.

there is no law on the books that specify women cannot give consent when intoxicated...and not men

otherwise state your source

@desertrain10

Fun Fact:

The application and interpretation of the law is sometimes more important than the letter of the law.

Meaning, the law might state that neither a woman or man can give consent when intoxicated.

However, if both of them are 🤬 .......the man is usually the only one who's at risk of being charged with 🤬 .

The courts have shown time and time again that they don't care whether the man is 🤬 or not.

He's assumed to be the perpetrator.......and the woman is assumed to be the victim.

In response to your question, exhibit A:

8e0qncsee57l.png

The response to the first question (not the 🤬 driver analogy part) is a perfect illustration of what I'm saying.

Even though the law doesn't specifically state that it's subjectively biased towards women, the wording of the law implies that women are automatically going to be looked at as victims and men are always going to be seen as perpetrators.

It stands to reason that this is probably how other state consent laws regarding intoxication are structured as well.

Equal under the letter of the law.........but bias in the application and interpretation of the law.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Failure is success in progress! Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw it and I told my wife that was Gabrielle. She look to familiar.

Good movie. It is up there with some of my other favorites.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kat wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »
    He 🤬 that girl and so did his friend.

He got off because she had already sucked his 🤬 and she put herself in a bad situation.

We all know they took advantage of a 🤬 , half conscious female.

When the 🤬 , i mean the fake ass victim, falsely accused her sister and brother in law of kidnapping her, did they really do it?

Ill wait...tumblr_nikh3kvuPD1s3h43ko1_r1_500.gif

Save it, cause I'm not about to argue with you.
    i thought so, i just asked a question that required a yes or no ... i didn't know that was arguing. it must be something in the mayo.

I'm not familiar with the situation you're referring to, but based on the actual recorded phone call between these two there were no denials in what transpires that evening. They 🤬 her.

But now she's dead so I guess it no longer matters.

Of course your not familiar with that situation.....

Now it no longer matters when proof is presented that , she has mutiple instances of falsely accusing some one.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Y'all don't get it. First weekend numbers matter! Nate can only hope now that dvd sales and netflix streams can save that 🤬 like the hangover and other movies.. that's if it continues to struggle. Tyler Perry can do wtf he wants cause his movies make 20 million out the gate no matter what. I'm sure this new Madea movie will do well too 1 because it's been awhile since he dropped one and 2 because it's an interesting turn for a Madea movie. Nate might not even get any Oscar nods now because of all the 🤬 that's happened. I'm not a conspiracy dude but I'm still laughing at how this 🤬 🤬 blew up before a Nat Turner movie came out even though this guy has been in a few movies. Oh well.

Did u see the Malcolm X movie... its a classic right???
    Well i just found out. That on a $33 million budget the film only grossed $9,871,125 in its opening weekend.
    And till this day, it only made $48.2 million at the box office.

Yet till this day, it's a relevant piece of work. That's what Nate Parker was talking about in his breakfast club interview.

...THE REASON THE NUMBERS MATTER IS BECAUSE WE WANNA SEE MORE SLAVE REVOLE MOVIES... IE, HARRIET TUBMAN, HAITIAN REVOLT, 🤬 LIKE THAT

I agree... the Harriet Tubman movie can still happen. They'll just throw a million wht saviors in there...
    But the Haitian Revolution Movie is out the window...
    As great as BOAN was, Nat still lost... the Haitians won.... imagine how more impactful the imagery would be?

But that's gone...
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattleMembers Posts: 50,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Y'all don't get it. First weekend numbers matter! Nate can only hope now that dvd sales and netflix streams can save that 🤬 like the hangover and other movies.. that's if it continues to struggle. Tyler Perry can do wtf he wants cause his movies make 20 million out the gate no matter what. I'm sure this new Madea movie will do well too 1 because it's been awhile since he dropped one and 2 because it's an interesting turn for a Madea movie. Nate might not even get any Oscar nods now because of all the 🤬 that's happened. I'm not a conspiracy dude but I'm still laughing at how this 🤬 🤬 blew up before a Nat Turner movie came out even though this guy has been in a few movies. Oh well.

Did u see the Malcolm X movie... its a classic right???
    Well i just found out. That on a $33 million budget the film only grossed $9,871,125 in its opening weekend.
    And till this day, it only made $48.2 million at the box office.

Yet till this day, it's a relevant piece of work. That's what Nate Parker was talking about in his breakfast club interview.

...THE REASON THE NUMBERS MATTER IS BECAUSE WE WANNA SEE MORE SLAVE REVOLE MOVIES... IE, HARRIET TUBMAN, HAITIAN REVOLT, 🤬 LIKE THAT

I agree... the Harriet Tubman movie can still happen. They'll just throw a million wht saviors in there...
    But the Haitian Revolution Movie is out the window...
    As great as BOAN was, Nat still lost... the Haitians won.... imagine how more impactful the imagery would be?

But that's gone...

Well word is Danny glover might have pocketed the cheese he raised for the l overture movie