What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The Official Dragonball Super Thread (All my DBZ fans come in here)

Comments

• TheRicanKing
    TheRicanKing Members Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Nothing 🤬 me off more than when 🤬 was gettin it poppin about to beat friza ,cell or buu and the next day the 🤬 saga would restart

Especially when Vegeta had just sacrificed himself to 🤬 buu. The worst cliffhanger hands down then finally our prayers were answered. Haha

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gemini86 wrote: »
    So they are going to waste a whole episode with goku and vegeta getting their 🤬 beat then have then fuse.

Filler at its finest

They ain't do that with buu?

The difference is they did that on purpose to pad the show for American releases. 🤬 didn't get filler like that

Wtf no they didn't. The buu saga came out YEARS before the show had plans to be released in America. The show was scrapped in America after goku arrived on Namek. Then there was a high demand years later. You don't know what you're talking about

yea ...the first dubbed versions of the first 50 episodes of Dragon Ball Z were dubbed by a different company in 95-97 i think than Funimation decided to pick up where it left off using new cast of voice actors

This is why they always started over at namek

22 years to figure that out

giphy.gif
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect Balance Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict I AM A GIANT RETARD Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

This 🤬 ..
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they are going to waste a whole episode with goku and vegeta getting their 🤬 beat then have then fuse.

Filler at its finest

The difference is they did that on purpose to pad the show for American releases. 🤬 didn't get filler like that

Wtf no they didn't. The buu saga came out YEARS before the show had plans to be released in America. The show was scrapped in America after goku arrived on Namek. Then there was a high demand years later. You don't know what you're talking about

yea ...the first dubbed versions of the first 50 episodes of Dragon Ball Z were dubbed by a different company in 95-97 i think than Funimation decided to pick up where it left off using new cast of voice actors

This is why they always started over at namek

22 years to figure that out

giphy.gif

Yea, keep in mind Z alone was 291 episodes. It would've been insanely expensive trying to license it all in one go for an independent company. Around the time of the Frieza saga FUNi was the sole proprietor of the license so they had to wait for the show to make it's money back before going further.
  • OmegaConflict

I'm thinking this saga will end @71
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking this saga will end @71

Just watch my 🤬 . If u waiting for it to end like that then it's not for you. Chill and enjoy
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY

Filler at its finest

Saban, Funimation, Pioneer/Geneon USA, Bandai Entertainment (may the latter two companies RIP) were the financiers, the Ocean Group was the original dubbing studio. And @gemini86 & @Blazedadon87x are 100% correct here.

Bandai put me on to Outlaw Star, G Gundam,Gundam Wing, Cowboy Bebop,Gundam 00, Gundam Seed, Code Geass, and Eureka Seven in the 2000 decade....

Bruh, Bandai Ent and Pioneer/Geneon USA were the GOAT anime distributors in those days, IMO. Much of what you named was from Sunrise and Bandai Visual being their (Bandai Ent.) sister companies in the East. Sunrise is still one of my all time fave studios for what they made in the 70s-00s. This new 🤬 ... not so much. Anime is mostly trash to me these days just like how hip hop is. Maybe I'm just getting old though.
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geneon is underrated. Funimation took over the world though
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    jono wrote: »
    Geneon is underrated. Funimation took over the world though

I was 🤬 when Dentsu sold off the majority of Geneon to Universal, they simultaneously shut down the US branch behind that 🤬 🤬 move. FUNi went from being Universally loathed in many anime circles to being tha capo due to all the heavy hitters' downfalls (Geneon, Bandai Ent., ADV, Media Blasters, etc.), But that's capitalism for ya. I miss them days though, my 🤬 . Ironically Geneon USA was Bandai Entertainment and FUNi's original distributor.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    @gemini86, @jono, & @Blazedadon87x yall got me reminiscing bout my old days as an anime fan/otaku. I had a pretty decent collection a decade ago. Forgot I had this profile online.

http://fumoffu.filmaf.com/owned
  • OmegaConflict
    None of this 🤬 is canon
  • gemini86
    @gemini86, @jono, & @Blazedadon87x yall got me reminiscing bout my old days as an anime fan/otaku. I had a pretty decent collection a decade ago. Forgot I had this profile online.

great collection. i remember i was into Guyver when i saw the first 2 live action movies and then they stopped making the anime. Yugioh(the first one) was dope to me.

i know its off topic but Xenogears is my favorite game of all time and i had always hoped there was an Anime for that. kind of reminded me of Gundam

psx_808.jpg
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

great collection. i remember i was into Guyver when i saw the first 2 live action movies and then they stopped making the anime. Yugioh(the first one) was dope to me.

i know its off topic but Xenogears is my favorite game of all time and i had always hoped there was an Anime for that. kind of reminded me of Gundam

psx_808.jpg

that damn game was the truth !!! i might even throw this joint on the vita and get it in
  • gemini86
    qawshun wrote: »

psx_808.jpg

that damn game was the truth !!! i might even throw this joint on the vita and get it in

everything from the story, the action, the battle system to the music was pure fire. Second RPG i played After FF7
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭

Filler at its finest

Saban, Funimation, Pioneer/Geneon USA, Bandai Entertainment (may the latter two companies RIP) were the financiers, the Ocean Group was the original dubbing studio. And @gemini86 & @Blazedadon87x are 100% correct here.

Bandai put me on to Outlaw Star, G Gundam,Gundam Wing, Cowboy Bebop,Gundam 00, Gundam Seed, Code Geass, and Eureka Seven in the 2000 decade....

Bruh, Bandai Ent and Pioneer/Geneon USA were the GOAT anime distributors in those days, IMO. Much of what you named was from Sunrise and Bandai Visual being their (Bandai Ent.) sister companies in the East. Sunrise is still one of my all time fave studios for what they made in the 70s-00s. This new 🤬 ... not so much. Anime is mostly trash to me these days just like how hip hop is. Maybe I'm just getting old though.

I agree with you outside of Dragon Ball Super, Gundam Iron Blood Orphans, and maybe One Punch Man...im not really heavy on anime like i used to be back in the late 90s, 2000s, and early 2010 decades...i guess because there aren't as many channels or blocks on tv promoting new anime shows and giving them chance like how Cartoon Network,Adult Swim, Toonami, Kids WB, Fox Kids, and local tv stations use to do it
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭

psx_808.jpg

one of the top 5 JRPGS I ever play

Chrono Trigger
    Xenogears
    Final Fantasy 7
    Mega Man X Command Mission
    The Main series Pokemon games/Super Mario RPG
  • Sion
    Sion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Members, Moderators, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 45,666 Regulator

psx_808.jpg

Chrono Trigger
    Xenogears
    Final Fantasy 7

My top 5

Final Fantasy 8
    Final Fantasy 9
    Final Fantasy 6
    Wild Arms 2
    LOZ: ALTTP

The main series pkmn games were GOAT too
  • gemini86
    Sion wrote: »

psx_808.jpg

Chrono Trigger
    Xenogears
    Final Fantasy 7

My top 5

Final Fantasy 8
    Final Fantasy 9
    Final Fantasy 6
    Wild Arms 2

Thought I was the only one up on Wild arms. I beat all the hidden bosses in 1 and 2. Ragu o Ragala was 🤬 difficult.
  • OmegaConflict
    Goku life risking attack was probably a flying headbutt
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY

I was gonna suggest the Dragonfist, but I've only seen it used in GT and the movies.
  • OmegaConflict

I was gonna suggest the Dragonfist, but I've only seen it used in GT and the movies.

Kaioken dragonfist?
  • jono
    jono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »

psx_808.jpg

Chrono Trigger
    Xenogears
    Final Fantasy 7

My top 5

Final Fantasy 8
    Final Fantasy 9
    Final Fantasy 6
    Wild Arms 2

I 🤬 with FF up to 9 and X I didn't really care for those.

Wild Arms and Chrono Trigger were fun as hell too. I never would have played any of those without playing Mario RPG first. That woke me up to RPG games.