What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Miley Cyrus doesn't listen to hip hop anymore because it's "misogynistic"

1235789

Comments

  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    The Hue wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    The Hue wrote: »
    Hip Hop misogynistic?! Cole had a song called Foldin Clothes on his last album! Common's The Light is a classic hip hop song. There's hundreds of hip hop songs lifting women up.

    But three times as many calling them 🤬 , 🤬 , saying they can't be trusted, praising 🤬 , actual drugging of women for sex and general hate towards women.

    Let's not abandon the facts here. That 🤬 has created a culture where 🤬 are applauded for NOT calling women 🤬 and hoes on records. Shouldn't that be the standard?

    Calling women hoes and 🤬 should be the aberration. That 🤬 has been normalized. Its not hip-hop's fault but its ignorant to say it ain't the majority of the 🤬 being released now.

    You also can't compare to any other artform because no other arform shows such disdain for women.

    Since the late 80s 🤬 been called suckas and simps for addressing women respectfully or for making actual romantic love songs.

    It is what it is. I helped the 🤬 along. I bought and still play some disrespectful ass music but I recognize it for what it is

    Ma 🤬 how the 🤬 do you know this?! Do you listen to a lot of rock? Country?

    Feel free to post up some country and rock songs that are as demeaning as rap songs.

    Look that 🤬 up yourself bro. I'm not here to school you on misogynistic country and rock songs. To 🤬 on Hip Hop as whole for being misogynistic is disingenuous and wrong.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    These ppl saying go listen to Common and Lupe must think that we are dumb.

    How TF would a few counterexamples show that hip hop -- as a whole -- is not misogynistic?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These ppl saying go listen to Common and Lupe must think that we are dumb.

    How TF would a few counterexamples show that hip hop -- as a whole -- is not misogynistic?

    You just answered your own question.. whole means whole..
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You Ashley Judd ass 🤬 make me sick. To paint all of Hip Hop with a broad brush is some crakkka 🤬 .
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So y'all saying she was emulating black culture or nah?
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trillfate wrote: »
    These ppl saying go listen to Common and Lupe must think that we are dumb.

    How TF would a few counterexamples show that hip hop -- as a whole -- is not misogynistic?

    You just answered your own question.. whole means whole..

    "As a whole" means that there will be cases that do not fit the overall pattern.

    I don't think there is anybody on this site that would say that every hip hop artist or every song is misogynistic.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    So y'all saying she was emulating black culture or nah?

    She was emulating the negative aspects of black people

    Rap for the most part is super negative.

    That's why I'm asking. Is it black culture?


    Because I've been to many different states and rap music of today. Is not black culture.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    So y'all saying she was emulating black culture or nah?

    She was emulating the negative aspects of black people

    Rap for the most part is super negative.

    That's why I'm asking. Is it black culture?


    Because I've been to many different states and rap music of today. Is not black culture.
    No rap music "for the most part" is not negative. There are rappers who talk about negativity and there are rappers who talk about uplifting the people. There are tons of variety that hip hop offers depending on your mood or preference.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    So y'all saying she was emulating black culture or nah?

    She was emulating the negative aspects of black people

    Rap for the most part is super negative.

    That's why I'm asking. Is it black culture?


    Because I've been to many different states and rap music of today. Is not black culture.
    No rap music "for the most part" is not negative. There are rappers who talk about negativity and there are rappers who talk about uplifting the people. There are tons of variety that hip hop offers depending on your mood or preference.

    For every non negative you pull up I'll drop 5 negative ones.

    And you'll see rap if negative for th most part. I don't even know why you would think different
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattleMembers Posts: 50,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't give a 🤬
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Old School Playa Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    So y'all saying she was emulating black culture or nah?

    She was emulating the negative aspects of black people

    Rap for the most part is super negative.

    That's why I'm asking. Is it black culture?


    Because I've been to many different states and rap music of today. Is not black culture.
    No rap music "for the most part" is not negative. There are rappers who talk about negativity and there are rappers who talk about uplifting the people. There are tons of variety that hip hop offers depending on your mood or preference.

    For every non negative you pull up I'll drop 5 negative ones.

    And you'll see rap if negative for th most part. I don't even know why you would think different

    You're just arguing to be arguing at this point.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    The Hue wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    The Hue wrote: »
    Hip Hop misogynistic?! Cole had a song called Foldin Clothes on his last album! Common's The Light is a classic hip hop song. There's hundreds of hip hop songs lifting women up.

    But three times as many calling them 🤬 , 🤬 , saying they can't be trusted, praising 🤬 , actual drugging of women for sex and general hate towards women.

    Let's not abandon the facts here. That 🤬 has created a culture where 🤬 are applauded for NOT calling women 🤬 and hoes on records. Shouldn't that be the standard?

    Calling women hoes and 🤬 should be the aberration. That 🤬 has been normalized. Its not hip-hop's fault but its ignorant to say it ain't the majority of the 🤬 being released now.

    You also can't compare to any other artform because no other arform shows such disdain for women.

    Since the late 80s 🤬 been called suckas and simps for addressing women respectfully or for making actual romantic love songs.

    It is what it is. I helped the 🤬 along. I bought and still play some disrespectful ass music but I recognize it for what it is

    Ma 🤬 how the 🤬 do you know this?! Do you listen to a lot of rock? Country?

    Feel free to post up some country and rock songs that are as demeaning as rap songs.

    This is a tumblr dedicated to non-rap songs that are offensive to women

    http://misogynisticlyricsthatarentrap.tumblr.com/
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    The Hue wrote: »
    Hip Hop misogynistic?! Cole had a song called Foldin Clothes on his last album! Common's The Light is a classic hip hop song. There's hundreds of hip hop songs lifting women up.

    But three times as many calling them 🤬 , 🤬 , saying they can't be trusted, praising 🤬 , actual drugging of women for sex and general hate towards women.

    Let's not abandon the facts here. That 🤬 has created a culture where 🤬 are applauded for NOT calling women 🤬 and hoes on records. Shouldn't that be the standard?

    Calling women hoes and 🤬 should be the aberration. That 🤬 has been normalized. Its not hip-hop's fault but its ignorant to say it ain't the majority of the 🤬 being released now.

    You also can't compare to any other artform because no other arform shows such disdain for women.

    Since the late 80s 🤬 been called suckas and simps for addressing women respectfully or for making actual romantic love songs.

    It is what it is. I helped the 🤬 along. I bought and still play some disrespectful ass music but I recognize it for what it is

    this is 100% truth. but this is the IC, so u already know how 🤬 goes....
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess her hip hop career dodnt take off with 23 like she planned
    =)
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thereal_ba wrote: »
    I guess her hip hop career dodnt take off with 23 like she planned
    =)

    This is what it all boils down to. It didnt work out. It was a phase that went terribly wrong. She acted like a $40 backpage hoe, got treated like one and got tired of it.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Old School Playa Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rap is too misogynistic but pop, rock and country can advocate grown ass men 🤬 underage girls. Apparently this is fine with Miley considering she made a career out of looking like a teenager.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Culture vulture
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Old School Playa Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Aye, @Undefeatable, stop actin like a lil defeated 🤬 boi.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye, @Undefeatable, stop actin like a lil defeated 🤬 boi.

    Stop acting dumb.

    Obviously, she wasn't talking about all rap.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Old School Playa Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye, @Undefeatable, stop actin like a lil defeated 🤬 boi.

    Stop acting dumb.

    Obviously, she wasn't talking about all rap.

    fd6.gif
    These ppl saying go listen to Common and Lupe must think that we are dumb.

    How TF would a few counterexamples show that hip hop -- as a whole -- is not misogynistic?
    whole
    adjective

    1. All of; entire.

    All it takes is ONE counter example to render your argument false. We can bring thousands to the table.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Got what she needed outta the culture then tossed it to the side. Got to stop allowing these folk to vulture, especially when it's obvious what their intentions are.

    IMO if someone doesn't go through it's all about the elements Hip Hop stage is just a faze and they truly don't love it.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8y7jpeldel5d.png

    I saw this tweet posted in the Kendrick DAMN. thread and I chuckled...




    I feel and think most women lowkey like misogyny directed towards them (privately) but wanna be down with the feminist crowd and their ideology ... just when it suits them



    Is (some) rap music sexist and misogynistic towards women? Yeah most of the time but the music that celebrates women doesn't get burn on the radio like that but I digress...




    like that tweet above some or most women would shake their 🤬 to songs depicting them in an unsavoury manner with no 🤬 given and you got cats in here caping. LOL



    And finally feminism in the modern era has to be the biggest con ever. A man who was heard encouraging his friend to just 'grab women by the 🤬 ' was elected as President of the United States









    ... by a large majority of women
Sign In or Register to comment.