What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Big Baller Brand Didn’t Sell Nearly As Many Lonzo Ball Shoes As Initially Reported

18911131428

Comments

  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlightKing wrote: »
    FlightKing wrote: »
    The key word in the whole thing is brand. Basketball player shoes sell mostly for the brand that people buy into. I don't give a 🤬 if this dude is black or not, he a snake ass 🤬 who says stupid 🤬 . I don't support Big Baller Brand because it's built on some 🤬 🤬 . Come correct.

    what makes Lavar Ball a snake ass 🤬 ?

    He a snake ass 🤬 who throws people under the bus for his own gain. He did it to the HS basketball coaches, the white players at UCLA, he's putting his own sons in hostile situations at UCLA and the NBA, places he could never start at or even appear in. He a 🤬 🤬 that got some bread and connects and is stepping on necks and feet and using his boys just so he can appear a certain way.

    evidence of the bolded?

    and nah nobody should hold him down cuz he's black

    but it seem like mofos are more offended over the price tags of the shoes vs. the actual shoes themselves

    like just cuz Nike didn't give him permission, then he shouldn't be able to sell shoes for a top tier price

    if it makes him legal money and its ethical in his opinion, then I don't see a problem with it....nobody says u have to buy the shoes
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlightKing wrote: »
    FlightKing wrote: »
    The key word in the whole thing is brand. Basketball player shoes sell mostly for the brand that people buy into. I don't give a 🤬 if this dude is black or not, he a snake ass 🤬 who says stupid 🤬 . I don't support Big Baller Brand because it's built on some 🤬 🤬 . Come correct.

    what makes Lavar Ball a snake ass 🤬 ?

    He a snake ass 🤬 who throws people under the bus for his own gain. He did it to the HS basketball coaches, the white players at UCLA, he's putting his own sons in hostile situations at UCLA and the NBA, places he could never start at or even appear in. He a 🤬 🤬 that got some bread and connects and is stepping on necks and feet and using his boys just so he can appear a certain way.

    evidence of the bolded?

    and nah nobody should hold him down cuz he's black

    but it seem like mofos are more offended over the price tags of the shoes vs. the actual shoes themselves

    like just cuz Nike didn't give him permission, then he shouldn't be able to sell shoes for a top tier price

    if it makes him legal money and its ethical in his opinion, then I don't see a problem with it....nobody says u have to buy the shoes

    There's various reports and accounts and quotes from the people in question out there. Google it when you get a chance.

    Nike would be fools to let a big mouth nobody come in and try to big boy them because he feels entitled. He should've did this from jump instead of trying to take over an industry with his volume shooting ass sons.

    There's a lot of 🤬 🤬 that can make people legal money and they think is ethical. You can be cool with what you're cool with. That's your prerogative in what you accept from what people say. Me not buying the shoes has nothing to do with me stating my opinion in a forum.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Integrity 1st Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    But who cares though. Get out there, sell your shoes (he apparently sold some) the end. Nobody is the "he should act like" police. Nobody gonna act exactly according to your parameters. Doesnt mean you have to like it. Dont buy em if you dont want too.

    It matters because part of a business is making sure your product is appealing enough to sell consistently. If you're going around 🤬 off your potential base that's not really a good way to sustain a business.

    But that's not your business to tell him who to market to or how

    That's their business so they get to run it how they see fit. If you don't meet the parameters of what he considers a Big Baller then the shoes ain't for you

    I ain't buying them 🤬 but I don't have a problem with nothing he doing or how he promotes them. He getting attention and if Lonzo handle his business, the shoes going sell thanks to his mouth

    🤬 in here making up any reason, "oh I don't have a problem but..." make your own 🤬 and do it how you want, let him run theirs their way

    🤬 talking about Lonzo weak and a average player foh..Lonzo is one of the top 5 prospects of the last 5 years...if that 🤬 translate his game to the next level, he's going instantly make a team competitive

    You see and hear what you wanna see and hear. The 🤬 ain't nothing we haven't seen is my point. I know you're referring to me with majority of this post, but nowhere did I say Lonzo was an average player. Everything I mentioned has been brought up by people more knowledgeable than me, so your gripe is misdirected.

    You 🤬 that hafta go against the grain on every topic to show that you're somehow "above it all" are oftentimes illogical as 🤬 .

    Lavar is counting his chickens before they hatch with this approach. Since when is being reckless with your mouth and making your son the villain, before he's even had a chance to prove himself, a good business model?

    You are right about one thing though: It isn't our right to dictate how someone runs a business that isn't ours. Doesn't mean we can't have an opinion, from the outside looking in. And from the outside, it looks like the father is annoying, delusional and selfish.

    How it is annoying

    Turn off your tv bro and he goes away

    Y'all 🤬 just be weak and masking hate with criticism

    If his father ain't the character he is, these shoes don't get recognition or the national attention

    I ain't going against any grain, I'm just not a 🤬 ass 🤬 ...words don't mean 🤬 ...🤬 cares what he say

    Floyd Mayweather say/do the most ignorant 🤬 but he the biggest boxing attraction last 10 years making 150+ mil for fights

    Andre Ward been just as dominant but play the humble role, fraction of the attention. Fraction of the money

    That 🤬 gotta prove his self no matter what, this 🤬 is sports...go big or go the 🤬 home...these 🤬 aiming for the top spot

    Did you really use Floyd Mayweather as an example to back up your argument? You mean the 🤬 that's undefeated and has proven himself time and time again? THAT Money Mayweather? Versus an unproven college athlete with a loudmouth pops? Did you really make that comparison without seeing what's wrong with it?

    I 🤬 wit dudes like Mayweather and Conor, cuz they back their 🤬 up. It doesn't annoy me in the least bit. It's entertaining as 🤬 .

    And if Lonzo is the player his father wants him to be, his game will do the talking for him.

    Please don't use another fugazi argument with me again. That 🤬 was beyond stupid. Smh.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Like Water wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    But who cares though. Get out there, sell your shoes (he apparently sold some) the end. Nobody is the "he should act like" police. Nobody gonna act exactly according to your parameters. Doesnt mean you have to like it. Dont buy em if you dont want too.

    It matters because part of a business is making sure your product is appealing enough to sell consistently. If you're going around 🤬 off your potential base that's not really a good way to sustain a business.

    But that's not your business to tell him who to market to or how

    That's their business so they get to run it how they see fit. If you don't meet the parameters of what he considers a Big Baller then the shoes ain't for you

    I ain't buying them 🤬 but I don't have a problem with nothing he doing or how he promotes them. He getting attention and if Lonzo handle his business, the shoes going sell thanks to his mouth

    🤬 in here making up any reason, "oh I don't have a problem but..." make your own 🤬 and do it how you want, let him run theirs their way

    🤬 talking about Lonzo weak and a average player foh..Lonzo is one of the top 5 prospects of the last 5 years...if that 🤬 translate his game to the next level, he's going instantly make a team competitive

    You see and hear what you wanna see and hear. The 🤬 ain't nothing we haven't seen is my point. I know you're referring to me with majority of this post, but nowhere did I say Lonzo was an average player. Everything I mentioned has been brought up by people more knowledgeable than me, so your gripe is misdirected.

    You 🤬 that hafta go against the grain on every topic to show that you're somehow "above it all" are oftentimes illogical as 🤬 .

    Lavar is counting his chickens before they hatch with this approach. Since when is being reckless with your mouth and making your son the villain, before he's even had a chance to prove himself, a good business model?

    You are right about one thing though: It isn't our right to dictate how someone runs a business that isn't ours. Doesn't mean we can't have an opinion, from the outside looking in. And from the outside, it looks like the father is annoying, delusional and selfish.

    How it is annoying

    Turn off your tv bro and he goes away

    Y'all 🤬 just be weak and masking hate with criticism

    If his father ain't the character he is, these shoes don't get recognition or the national attention

    I ain't going against any grain, I'm just not a 🤬 ass 🤬 ...words don't mean 🤬 ...🤬 cares what he say

    Floyd Mayweather say/do the most ignorant 🤬 but he the biggest boxing attraction last 10 years making 150+ mil for fights

    Andre Ward been just as dominant but play the humble role, fraction of the attention. Fraction of the money

    That 🤬 gotta prove his self no matter what, this 🤬 is sports...go big or go the 🤬 home...these 🤬 aiming for the top spot

    Did you really use Floyd Mayweather as an example to back up your argument? You mean the 🤬 that's undefeated and has proven himself time and time again? THAT Money Mayweather? Versus an unproven college athlete with a loudmouth pops? Did you really make that comparison without seeing what's wrong with it?

    I 🤬 wit dudes like Mayweather and Conor, cuz they back their 🤬 up. It doesn't annoy me in the least bit. It's entertaining as 🤬 .

    And if Lonzo is the player his father wants him to be, his game will do the talking for him.

    Please don't use another fugazi argument with me again. That 🤬 was beyond stupid. Smh.

    You missed the whole point

    I made a direct comparison of two fighters to illustrate a larger point. I then put a bow on em with the next sentence. You not as smart as you think bro. You a sucka foreal but play your role. Argue with yourself bozo
  • Like Water
    Like Water Integrity 1st Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    But who cares though. Get out there, sell your shoes (he apparently sold some) the end. Nobody is the "he should act like" police. Nobody gonna act exactly according to your parameters. Doesnt mean you have to like it. Dont buy em if you dont want too.

    It matters because part of a business is making sure your product is appealing enough to sell consistently. If you're going around 🤬 off your potential base that's not really a good way to sustain a business.

    But that's not your business to tell him who to market to or how

    That's their business so they get to run it how they see fit. If you don't meet the parameters of what he considers a Big Baller then the shoes ain't for you

    I ain't buying them 🤬 but I don't have a problem with nothing he doing or how he promotes them. He getting attention and if Lonzo handle his business, the shoes going sell thanks to his mouth

    🤬 in here making up any reason, "oh I don't have a problem but..." make your own 🤬 and do it how you want, let him run theirs their way

    🤬 talking about Lonzo weak and a average player foh..Lonzo is one of the top 5 prospects of the last 5 years...if that 🤬 translate his game to the next level, he's going instantly make a team competitive

    You see and hear what you wanna see and hear. The 🤬 ain't nothing we haven't seen is my point. I know you're referring to me with majority of this post, but nowhere did I say Lonzo was an average player. Everything I mentioned has been brought up by people more knowledgeable than me, so your gripe is misdirected.

    You 🤬 that hafta go against the grain on every topic to show that you're somehow "above it all" are oftentimes illogical as 🤬 .

    Lavar is counting his chickens before they hatch with this approach. Since when is being reckless with your mouth and making your son the villain, before he's even had a chance to prove himself, a good business model?

    You are right about one thing though: It isn't our right to dictate how someone runs a business that isn't ours. Doesn't mean we can't have an opinion, from the outside looking in. And from the outside, it looks like the father is annoying, delusional and selfish.

    How it is annoying

    Turn off your tv bro and he goes away

    Y'all 🤬 just be weak and masking hate with criticism

    If his father ain't the character he is, these shoes don't get recognition or the national attention

    I ain't going against any grain, I'm just not a 🤬 ass 🤬 ...words don't mean 🤬 ...🤬 cares what he say

    Floyd Mayweather say/do the most ignorant 🤬 but he the biggest boxing attraction last 10 years making 150+ mil for fights

    Andre Ward been just as dominant but play the humble role, fraction of the attention. Fraction of the money

    That 🤬 gotta prove his self no matter what, this 🤬 is sports...go big or go the 🤬 home...these 🤬 aiming for the top spot

    Did you really use Floyd Mayweather as an example to back up your argument? You mean the 🤬 that's undefeated and has proven himself time and time again? THAT Money Mayweather? Versus an unproven college athlete with a loudmouth pops? Did you really make that comparison without seeing what's wrong with it?

    I 🤬 wit dudes like Mayweather and Conor, cuz they back their 🤬 up. It doesn't annoy me in the least bit. It's entertaining as 🤬 .

    And if Lonzo is the player his father wants him to be, his game will do the talking for him.

    Please don't use another fugazi argument with me again. That 🤬 was beyond stupid. Smh.

    You missed the whole point

    I made a direct comparison of two fighters to illustrate a larger point. I then put a bow on em with the next sentence. You not as smart as you think bro. You a sucka foreal but play your role. Argue with yourself bozo

    Lol. I understand the correlation just fine. By your logic, the louder you are, the more money you can attract for yourself. But you essentially are comparing the loudness and arrogance of Lavar to Mayweather, as if they're in the same league and have accomplished the same things. Is that not what you're saying? Get attention by any means necessary and make money doing it, right?

    Which circles back around to my point: Floyd can afford to talk that 🤬 . He's proven all there is to prove. If Andre Ward up and decides to start wylin to bring more attention to his name, he too has earned the right. Otherwise, you out here lookin like a Troy Ave ass 🤬 .

    I may not be as smart as I think I am, but it's still more than enough to make you look like the 🤬 🤬 you are. 🤬 off my 🤬 , 🤬 .
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Water wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    But who cares though. Get out there, sell your shoes (he apparently sold some) the end. Nobody is the "he should act like" police. Nobody gonna act exactly according to your parameters. Doesnt mean you have to like it. Dont buy em if you dont want too.

    It matters because part of a business is making sure your product is appealing enough to sell consistently. If you're going around 🤬 off your potential base that's not really a good way to sustain a business.

    But that's not your business to tell him who to market to or how

    That's their business so they get to run it how they see fit. If you don't meet the parameters of what he considers a Big Baller then the shoes ain't for you

    I ain't buying them 🤬 but I don't have a problem with nothing he doing or how he promotes them. He getting attention and if Lonzo handle his business, the shoes going sell thanks to his mouth

    🤬 in here making up any reason, "oh I don't have a problem but..." make your own 🤬 and do it how you want, let him run theirs their way

    🤬 talking about Lonzo weak and a average player foh..Lonzo is one of the top 5 prospects of the last 5 years...if that 🤬 translate his game to the next level, he's going instantly make a team competitive

    You see and hear what you wanna see and hear. The 🤬 ain't nothing we haven't seen is my point. I know you're referring to me with majority of this post, but nowhere did I say Lonzo was an average player. Everything I mentioned has been brought up by people more knowledgeable than me, so your gripe is misdirected.

    You 🤬 that hafta go against the grain on every topic to show that you're somehow "above it all" are oftentimes illogical as 🤬 .

    Lavar is counting his chickens before they hatch with this approach. Since when is being reckless with your mouth and making your son the villain, before he's even had a chance to prove himself, a good business model?

    You are right about one thing though: It isn't our right to dictate how someone runs a business that isn't ours. Doesn't mean we can't have an opinion, from the outside looking in. And from the outside, it looks like the father is annoying, delusional and selfish.

    How it is annoying

    Turn off your tv bro and he goes away

    Y'all 🤬 just be weak and masking hate with criticism

    If his father ain't the character he is, these shoes don't get recognition or the national attention

    I ain't going against any grain, I'm just not a 🤬 ass 🤬 ...words don't mean 🤬 ...🤬 cares what he say

    Floyd Mayweather say/do the most ignorant 🤬 but he the biggest boxing attraction last 10 years making 150+ mil for fights

    Andre Ward been just as dominant but play the humble role, fraction of the attention. Fraction of the money

    That 🤬 gotta prove his self no matter what, this 🤬 is sports...go big or go the 🤬 home...these 🤬 aiming for the top spot

    Did you really use Floyd Mayweather as an example to back up your argument? You mean the 🤬 that's undefeated and has proven himself time and time again? THAT Money Mayweather? Versus an unproven college athlete with a loudmouth pops? Did you really make that comparison without seeing what's wrong with it?

    I 🤬 wit dudes like Mayweather and Conor, cuz they back their 🤬 up. It doesn't annoy me in the least bit. It's entertaining as 🤬 .

    And if Lonzo is the player his father wants him to be, his game will do the talking for him.

    Please don't use another fugazi argument with me again. That 🤬 was beyond stupid. Smh.

    You missed the whole point

    I made a direct comparison of two fighters to illustrate a larger point. I then put a bow on em with the next sentence. You not as smart as you think bro. You a sucka foreal but play your role. Argue with yourself bozo

    Lol. I understand the correlation just fine. By your logic, the louder you are, the more money you can attract for yourself. But you essentially are comparing the loudness and arrogance of Lavar to Mayweather, as if they're in the same league and have accomplished the same things. Is that not what you're saying? Get attention by any means necessary and make money doing it, right?

    Which circles back around to my point: Floyd can afford to talk that 🤬 . He's proven all there is to prove. If Andre Ward up and decides to start wylin to bring more attention to his name, he too has earned the right. Otherwise, you out here lookin like a Troy Ave ass 🤬 .

    I may not be as smart as I think I am, but it's still more than enough to make you look like the 🤬 🤬 you are. 🤬 off my 🤬 , 🤬 .

    I wanted to hit you with a didn't read gif so bad but I did read lol

    It was 🤬 🤬 🤬 though...you a 🤬 bro, own it

    🤬 can say what they want, whether before or after, that 🤬 gotta be backed up in the end..🤬 cares about the order but a soft ass 🤬 ...you don't make the rules here and it kills you peasant ass 🤬

    Stay in your place and complain about what bosses do while we keep doing what the 🤬 we want to do
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't sell your product if you alienate the consumer.

    And don't matter how good you are if your shoe is trash. Word to Steph Curry. His shoes ain't moving like they thought they would because them 🤬 is trash.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lavar Ball ain't 🤬 I see that now

    he got black youths willing to commit violence against each other over these shoes without 🤬 even buying them 1st

    got dayum :joy:
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only a matter of time til Lonzo puts Lavar in check. Probably a few years down the road though
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmaooo @ me going to Cleveland

    Lmaooooo "we know how you get down" 🤬 I don't know you

    "I'll show you who's the 🤬 " 🤬 🤬 around and get your head flew the 🤬 off lol

    It's the internet bro, I don't want to fight

    And you still a 🤬
  • 7figz
    7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Would NBA Draft Prospects Buy Lonzo Ball’s ZO2 Shoes? | OnScene | ESPN Video

  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakers with the 2nd pick
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i DARK VEDA KCMembers Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He need to go full throttle if its gonna be a luxury brand. Come with the gator skinned sneakers or some dolphin skinned 🤬 . Or some salamander sandals. If u taxing do it right my nig.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakernation
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lavar back on undisputed again
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i DARK VEDA KCMembers Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »

    That's what she get. They got too many white women talking sports on tv with bias opinions
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Only finger I point is the middle one in the air! Fortress of Solitude Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

    That's what she get. They got too many white women talking sports on tv with bias opinions

    Would have been more impressed if it was Beadle.
    Not a good look for him though.
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Only finger I point is the middle one in the air! Fortress of Solitude Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Y'all usually go in on 🤬 that have white wives.

    I am confused by that also.
    But I understand what some are saying about him starting a trend that other black athletes can follow.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i DARK VEDA KCMembers Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Y'all usually go in on 🤬 that have white wives.

    Pimpin been pimpin
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 I'm an animal I shoulda been born in Jumanji Los AngelesMembers Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobCoLife wrote: »
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

    That's what she get. They got too many white women talking sports on tv with bias opinions

    Would have been more impressed if it was Beadle.
    Not a good look for him though.

    i was just thinkin that too but beadle said he wont ever be on sports nation lol
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does this muhfucker keep getting attention?
Sign In or Register to comment.