What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Legend Or No?: Talib Kweli

Beta
Beta #FastFamilyMembers Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in The Reason
rs-8965-20130109-talib-kweli-624x420-1357758198.jpg


*For Future Reference I mean universally, not just regionally*

Legend Or No?: Talib Kweli 84 votes

Yes
53%
lion_heart*~queenbee~*southsil4lilSionsapp08_2001lazypakmannawledge_god5th Letter  Colin$mackabi$hjonooptimisticfortyacrespower_wisdomachewon87dnyce215water ur seedsqawshunMECCA1000Moore7sa-grave247 45 votes
No (Fits too many words in his sentences)
46%
wilberdmillzinfamous114usmarin3black caesaraneed123double0sugenex ginP. TownjmolStewCJCutler 26 INT's LOL!CapitalBIbexlamontbdcCeLLaR-DooRBDBIIDCainMister B.BlackAX410 39 votes
«13456

Comments

  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes because there was a time in the early 00s when Talib, Mos Def, Common and Black Thought were the epitome of "conscious rap". Anytime people discussed the dichotomy between gangsta rap vs conscious rap Talib's name was always in the conversation.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (Fits too many words in his sentences)
    He got some songs I like but naw.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Trollololololololololol Members Posts: 25,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (Fits too many words in his sentences)
    He got some songs I like but naw.

  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (Fits too many words in his sentences)
    🤬 . Can't vote Trick Daddy as a legend and Talib isn't.

    lol I would say No Talib isn't. I don't think he has a individual classic album. I do believe Mos Def is a legend though.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters 'Sippi LandMembers Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (Fits too many words in his sentences)
    Hall of Very Good
  • Beta
    Beta #FastFamily Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the eventual "_____ is a legend but ____ ain't?" Argument in one of these threads

  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Here's two songs I really liked by Talib





    And here's the Get By Remix feat Jay, Mos Def, Kanye and Busta. This is one of the better posse jams I've ever heard.

  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Yes
    Beta wrote: »
    I can't wait for the eventual "_____ is a legend but ____ ain't?" Argument in one of these threads

    It already started in the last thread. Word to O.C a legend but not Trick Daddy, Buckshot a legend but not Trick Daddy, ODB a legend but not Trick Daddy etc.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beta wrote: »
    I can't wait for the eventual "_____ is a legend but ____ ain't?" Argument in one of these threads

    This here
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Without question
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think regional legend should be added to the options for threads like this !!!
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    3 classic albums, one sole, two group. The greats talk about him. Has hits. Help open the door for independent rap movement.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (Fits too many words in his sentences)
    He ain't even a regional legend..silk shocker rza Flow 🤬
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    🤬 . Can't vote Trick Daddy as a legend and Talib isn't.

    lol I would say No Talib isn't. I don't think he has a individual classic album. I do believe Mos Def is a legend though.

    They both share a group classic w/ Blackstar and both of their first solos are classics imo but after that...

    Talibs discography>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mos
  • BusterBreeze
    BusterBreeze Members Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (Fits too many words in his sentences)
    no

    another case of dope rapper but not a legend

    that being said you know all the southern hip hop heads are gonna vote no out of spite
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    When you say conscious rap he's one of the 5 names you think of. Definitely a legend.
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers IC Retirement HomeMembers Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (Fits too many words in his sentences)
    The Black Star album is a classic to me, but I can't say the same about any of his solo albums
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT El Coyote unknownGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (Fits too many words in his sentences)
    no

    another case of dope rapper but not a legend

    that being said you know all the southern hip hop heads are gonna vote no out of spite

    Why?

    Trick won his thread
  • bck145
    bck145 East CoastMembers Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (Fits too many words in his sentences)
    Not a legend....but one of my favorite rappers and an underrated discography...very consistent
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (Fits too many words in his sentences)
    Talib got 3 classics?
  • BusterBreeze
    BusterBreeze Members Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (Fits too many words in his sentences)
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    no

    another case of dope rapper but not a legend

    that being said you know all the southern hip hop heads are gonna vote no out of spite

    Why?

    Trick won his thread

    its the fact that 🤬 even questioned his status to begin with
  • Beta
    Beta #FastFamily Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Damn kweli losing his poll..trick was never losing...

    :o

    Kweli dont get nothing for his work with mos, RE, and eardrum?!
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    After seeing dude perform i gained new respect for him. He'll always be respected
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    🤬 . Can't vote Trick Daddy as a legend and Talib isn't.

    lol I would say No Talib isn't. I don't think he has a individual classic album. I do believe Mos Def is a legend though.

    So this doesn't count cuz Hi-Tek did the production? 🤬

    Train_of_Thought_album.jpg
    no

    another case of dope rapper but not a legend

    that being said you know all the southern hip hop heads are gonna vote no out of spite


    once again, 🤬


    don't speak for "all the southern hip hop heads"


    but I forgive you, for you know not what you speak lol
Sign In or Register to comment.