What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Amazon, Facebook, Google and other tech giants urge Trump to continue DACA program

124»

Comments

• The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

Can you show me where immigrants want to be black peoples allies? And let's say we do become their "allies" then who will protect us from them when they get what they need from us considering that they have a home country and we don't? Black people in America have no allies all we have is us but most of you would rather trust others before your own

It's not about trusting others before trusting our own. Frankly, that's almost a cartoonishly stupid interpretation of what I'm saying. Black people have to be for black people. My point is that there will come a time when that is not enough because all of the power black people can amass will be relatively miniscule. I'm not talking about trusting any other group to be our buddies. You think Britain trusted France in WWI. No. They had been enemies for hundreds of years. They just recognized a greater common enemy and allied with each other to take down that threat. It's the same with us now. White supremacy is the major enemy to all people of color and even lower class whites. So wouldn't it make sense to work with whoever was willing to take it down? The only thing you have to trust as that brown people don't like being 🤬 on by white elites anymore than we do. Again, you're missing the point that I'm not talking about doing this to help them. I'm talking about doing this because ultimately having them on our side helps us.
    blackrain wrote: »
    So for the "its got nothing to do with black folks" crowd you really think no black people would be affected by this?

Vast majority w/ DACA work permits are Mexicans
    Why should african americans care? Always want the moral police but these allies dont do 🤬 when your ass is on fire

Really? Because I've seen a lot of non-blacks take up the mantle and speak out against the 🤬 that's been happening to black people in this country lately. The chick that basically died for the fight against racist monuments wasn't black. Why is it so wrong to suggest that when given the opportunity, we do the same for others when we something wrong. I'm not saying 🤬 gotta get out and protest. Most of ya'll don't even protest for the black 🤬 . But this nonchalant attitude towards blatant racism just because, for this once, the racism isn't direct at us is kinda 🤬 up.

Bruh keep it concise

Are there allies in the struggle for equality? Yes - Im an ally of african americans - I'm Jamaican born.
    Im giving my perspective - black americans are in a world of hurt and have more pressing concerns than work permits for 800,000 people. I think people oversell the "brown-black" alliance.

African americans need to prioritize themselves and their communities because at the median, there hasnt been economic progress since King & X died - its proportionately the same

Prioritizing black communities and allying with other communities to fight white supremacy aren't mutually exclusive. You can do both. I'm not saying people have to invest a bunch of time in this. The right thing to do could be a simple as speaking out against this 🤬 rather than taking the "It ain't our people, who gives a 🤬 ?" attitude.
  • ineedpussyineedpussy long hair dont care but bald head dont give a fuck! Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

Can you show me where immigrants want to be black peoples allies? And let's say we do become their "allies" then who will protect us from them when they get what they need from us considering that they have a home country and we don't? Black people in America have no allies all we have is us but most of you would rather trust others before your own

It's not about trusting others before trusting our own. Frankly, that's almost a cartoonishly stupid interpretation of what I'm saying. Black people have to be for black people. My point is that there will come a time when that is not enough because all of the power black people can amass will be relatively miniscule. I'm not talking about trusting any other group to be our buddies. You think Britain trusted France in WWI. No. They had been enemies for hundreds of years. They just recognized a greater common enemy and allied with each other to take down that threat. It's the same with us now. White supremacy is the major enemy to all people of color and even lower class whites. So wouldn't it make sense to work with whoever was willing to take it down? The only thing you have to trust as that brown people don't like being 🤬 on by white elites anymore than we do. Again, you're missing the point that I'm not talking about doing this to help them. I'm talking about doing this because ultimately having them on our side helps us.
    blackrain wrote: »
    So for the "its got nothing to do with black folks" crowd you really think no black people would be affected by this?

Vast majority w/ DACA work permits are Mexicans
    Why should african americans care? Always want the moral police but these allies dont do 🤬 when your ass is on fire

Really? Because I've seen a lot of non-blacks take up the mantle and speak out against the 🤬 that's been happening to black people in this country lately. The chick that basically died for the fight against racist monuments wasn't black. Why is it so wrong to suggest that when given the opportunity, we do the same for others when we something wrong. I'm not saying 🤬 gotta get out and protest. Most of ya'll don't even protest for the black 🤬 . But this nonchalant attitude towards blatant racism just because, for this once, the racism isn't direct at us is kinda 🤬 up.

Bruh keep it concise

Are there allies in the struggle for equality? Yes - Im an ally of african americans - I'm Jamaican born.
    Im giving my perspective - black americans are in a world of hurt and have more pressing concerns than work permits for 800,000 people. I think people oversell the "brown-black" alliance.

African americans need to prioritize themselves and their communities because at the median, there hasnt been economic progress since King & X died - its proportionately the same

Prioritizing black communities and allying with other communities to fight white supremacy aren't mutually exclusive. You can do both. I'm not saying people have to invest a bunch of time in this. The right thing to do could be a simple as speaking out against this 🤬 rather than taking the "It ain't our people, who gives a 🤬 ?" attitude.

well you go out there and help them why we sit at home saying 🤬 them and chillin
  • Mister B.Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all give way too much of a 🤬 about them Mexicans, they don't give a damn about you bruh stop fighting battles for people who wouldn't 🤬 on you if you were on fire.

It ain't just Mexicans tho.....
    tqj7rdwsyolj.png